Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sketchy Debut & a very unfortunate notice

Icarus Rex

*le sigh*

I really hate to start my first LEGITIMATE art post off like this, but I've given people who asked a preview of some of my scribblings, and a few picked up on it... so it seemed like I should give a disclaimer so people don't jump to conclusions:

If my style looks familiar to you, it's no coincidence. An apparent ex-member here, and former cohort of mine, gave me a bunch of sneezy-fanart requests which I assumed were just for said individual's enjoyment.

I later found out, from browsing this forum all creepy and anonymous-like awhile ago, that they were requests made HERE and that this person was posting them as his/her own work. Which is not cool. :drool: I'm pretty sure they got deleted after I confronted this person about it, and it's all-around a dead issue that I wouldn't even be dredging up if it hadn't come up on its own.

That being said, I totally can't NOT contribute to the art section here, because I'm a huge art nerd and stuff xD I just wanted to set the record straight, and hopefully no one feels the need to point fingers and make a big foul-smelling deal out of it. (If anyone actually recognizes my style, and misses the stolen images terribly, I guess I can repost them or something.)

Anyway, enough of that lameness. :cryhappy:

(M) Picture the first: In Which a Pseudo-Badass Meets a Poorly Drawn Kitty!

DSCN0390-1.jpg

My scanner is prehistoric, and the quality on this is abysmal (please ignore the fact that I tried to fix it and failed horribly. xD) It's not the best, but I like how the character's attitude came across... all pretending to be cool and un-allergic and stuff. He may look pissed, but you know he'll take that weird-looking feline home and feed it and stuff~

(F) Picture the second: In Which a Dangling Damsel is Accosted By an Off-Camera Feather-Wrangler!

DSCN0395.jpg

So, I imagined this girl as some kind of heroine like... hanging on for dear life to a branch or something. :drool: Feel free to imagine something less (or more) sadistic, though. Squiggly lines = motion.

I'm excited to hear your reactions. Even the bad ones. :)

*faints from emotional exhaustion after writing this post*

Ohhh, very nice work, Icarus Rex (*chuckles* I like ur name, as I am a mythology nerd). That really sucks that someone was passing your art off as their own here! What an assy thing to do! :P

Well, all that aside, I love the first one the most! His attitude definitely came though- great eyes, and posture/linework. ...heheh something about him makes me all squishy inside. :laugh:

Ugh, sorry to hear that someone posted your work as their own. That really sucks :shy:

But these drawings really are lovely! Mmmmm, gotta love allergic bad-ass characters. :) And the look on the cat's face is priceless. :whistle:

Wieee, thanks for sharing your work! I do hope we'll get to see more of it :unsure: Pleeease?

These look great! I'm sorry about that unfortunate incident... just how lame can some people be :), but that aside, gotta love the tough guy! :whistle: and the cat has a wonderfully wicked expression... :shy:

Yeah... that whole situation almost made me not want to post anything here, but I figured that would be stupid. And I'm glad I did. :proud: That being said:

Thanks so much, everyone! *le hug* I'll definitely post more after this reaction. *giggles like a schoolgirl over all the praise* :laugh::heart:

I think I'm definitely going to have to bring Mr. Badass (he kinda still needs a name :cheers: ) back sometime. I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the idea of characters like that in situations like... those. :twisted:

That sucks majorly about what happened :yes: art-theift is just disgustingly lame.

However, am very glad you did come about and share your awesome arts with us! :bawl: Punk-guy is ADORABLE and maaaade of yummy and I love the little back-story-ish to the other! That's for greeeeat imagery! >:3

I loooove the desperation in both drawings ^_^ But would totally agree that your bad-ass can rock me anytime :yay: haha. Cat allergies are just sooo *sigh* intriguing and the feather torture is always a classic so this was just purely amazing to find them here. Plus, your style is great as well! I'm super glad you posted them!! Thanks for sharing!

Guest wouldyoucatchme

Great work! I really like the first one and I like the idea that even though he's the bad-ass allergic guy :yay:, he'd end up taking that cute kitty home with him and feed it and stuff. He sort of reminds me of Kurogane from Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle (who I think is hot, by the way.) so that's a plus! Your style is really cute and I love the raw sketchiness.

I'm sorry to hear about what happened (that sucks) but I'm glad you're here now and I look forward to seeing more of your work soon! ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

You are insanely talented my friend!

These are just sketches? My god!

Whenever I try to sketch, they turn out to be faceless, angled stick-figures with deformed limbs.

Keep up the great work. B)

Why did that double post?

pfft

Sorry for my computer's lameness. X.X

No worries, it's been fixed :yuck:

Archived