Sneeze Fetish Forum

Would This Ruin a Story For You?

Liberty Belle

I've got an idea for a story, but I'm concerned that something I want to put into it would squick some people out (more so than would enjoy it.) I COULD write it WITHOUT this, but I thought it was valid enough to pose.

Assuming the idea and descriptions were handled tactfully, would this idea within a story be cute / hot or... squickish? (And by squickish, I mean would it be enough of a turn-off that the story itself would be spoiled.)

It would be a medieval, fantasy setting, the idea being that there are two warring kingdoms that are finally attempting to make peace, until one decides to use a kind of "germ warfare" against the other, thereby disabling the castle's military contingent (if all the soldiers, knights and guards are sick, the castle is pretty helpless.)

The illness is more or less like a very bad cold, but serious enough that a typical soldier wouldn't be in any shape to go into battle (and even if forced, not effectively.) One unique and irritating symptom is that settles so deeply in the sinuses that, rather than just randomly sneezing here and there, the sufferers are periodically overcome with a fit of sneezing that progress to a final, "messy" sneeze that finally clears out some of the congestion, and stops the fit.

I figure this is one of those "no middle ground" things -- you're either into it or you're not. It's also one of those things that I find appealing in fiction, but not so much in real life, so I would want to write it in as... politely descriptive a manner as possible. I would probably write it for myself anyway, but before I wrote it and SHARED it, I wanted to see if it's the kind of thing that would ultimately ruin a story for someone else reading it.

Wouldn't ruin it for me at least. :wub: And the whole idea sounds lovely! Ah, sneezy knights tormented by a such a wicked cold... ^_^ Can't wait to read!

It sounds absolutely wonderful, especially the messiness.

I would ask whether there are any blessed damozels in these castles, but I know I'm not supposed to.

I would ask whether there are any blessed damozels in these castles, but I know I'm not supposed to.

If you know you aren't supposed to ask such things, then the "pseudo-asking" that you just attempted to do shouldn't happen, right? :)

Ha! ;) Well... there are damsels (a queen, actually), but she's doing the blessing. ;>

Hm, well, so long as it's well received, then I'd better get crackin' :)

Ha! ;) Well... there are damsels (a queen, actually), but she's doing the blessing. ;>

Hm, well, so long as it's well received, then I'd better get crackin' :)

I nearly said that they'll all be busy caretaking. Interesting reversal of the courtly love thing where the young knights are all worshipping the chatelaine.

Oh, Tenshi, you're so STRICT. I'll never not do it again.

Ha! :sillybounce: Well... there are damsels (a queen, actually), but she's doing the blessing. ;>

Hm, well, so long as it's well received, then I'd better get crackin' :bleh:

I nearly said that they'll all be busy caretaking. Interesting reversal of the courtly love thing where the young knights are all worshipping the chatelaine.

Oh, Tenshi, you're so STRICT. I'll never not do it again.

That's right! :winkkiss: FIFTY LASHES!

Squick-ish? Heck no! That plot sounds mindblowingly, fantastically hot and now I shall be disappointed if you don't write it! I am in love with the way your mind works...

Hmmmmm......

:cryhappy:

Confucius say be wary of double negative from cunning count!

Hmmmmm......

:yes:

Confucius say be wary of double negative from cunning count!

That's just double the lash-time, for I am an utter sadist. :heart:

Confucius say counting lashes more fun than blinking...

Archived