Sneeze Fetish Forum

Watching Over (HP fic, currently just M- Remus Lupin)

Dusty15

Not intended to be Remus/Lily but could be interpreted as such. Set not long after the Mauradeurs graduate Hogwarts and James has married Lily.

Enjoy!

When he woke, he wasn’t sure where he was. The sharp, bony angles of his aching body were cushioned by a warm feather bed and someone had dressed him in a very soft pair of flannel pajamas. Was this the guest room at James’? Where the hell was he?

Remus Lupin forced one bleary eye open and it drooped back shut. Even the dim light hurt his head, and oh God…what was this infernal pounding? Taking a deep breath, he heard his own chest wheeze and crackle as it constricted painfully. His nose worked no better- it was blocked solid. He coughed a few times and winced, no only at the stabbing pain in his chest but at the sound. A warm, soft hand touched his forehead and then the strong, familiar smell of Betty MacFadgeon’s Chest Balm rose into the air and he smiled slightly, reminded of his mother.

Squinting, he could make out a face that slowly came into focus.

“Good morning,” it said gently. “Well, good evening now. You’ve slept nearly all day.”

“Lily?” he croaked.

“It’s me. You just lie there and be still.”

She unbuttoned his pajama top and smeared on a thick layer of the chest balm before re-buttoning the flannel shirt and pulling the quilts back up. He watched her through partially lidded eyes. She was wearing one of James’ old shirts and a pair of corduroy trousers. Her brilliant red hair was swept back in a messy bun with loose tendrils hanging around her face. She looked a bit like a movie star in the Muggle rags that Remus saw so often at the corner store near his flat; the cover shots taken of them out at the grocery mart or putting out the rubbish.

“That should help a bit,” she said, patting his chest gently. “How do you feel?”

Remus shrugged beneath the covers.

“Okay,” he said, his voice raw and hoarse. “Sore.”

Lily rubbed his hand comfortingly.

“Well you look a fright. Seems as if you were already coming down with something and last night just sped it up.”

Remus sniffled and rubbed at his nose.

“I though I was getting sick, but this…is no good.”

“You’re dripping,” said Lily, retrieving a beautiful maroon hankie from the nightstand and pressing it to Remus’ nose. It was soft and satiny.

“Blow,” she instructed.

He tried, his nose honking loudly in protest, but he was too congested to get much out. He coughed from the force, and clutched at his chest. Lily rubbed his back soothingly and wiped the tip of his nose.

“James went down to the shops to get some more tonics,” she said, smoothing back Remus’ hair and depositing the hanky on the nightstand. “When he gets back, we’ll do something about that congestion. You were so sick this morning when you transformed back, he just side-along appartated you straight here instead of taking you home.”

“I don’t mean to be a bother,” Remus said hoarsely. “I just need to sleep it off…heh…hitshoo!”

He sneezed loudly into his fist and groaned.

“Bless you. You are never a bother, Remus Lupin. So don’t you say that,” Lily replied. She handed him the handkerchief. “You ought to just hold on to that.”

Remus pressed it to his nose and sneezed two more times. Hetsho! Hiiihhh... hehhh... tshooo!

With a sigh, he blew his nose with a deafening honk. His eyes were watering and he took a hitching breath, his chest wheezing in protest. He sneezed once more. Heh-ESH-CHOOO!

Lily frowned sympathetically and leaned over, planting a light kiss on his forehead.

“What can I do to make you feel better?” she asked, her hand on his.

“Nothing,” he said. His voice sounded ridiculously congested. He coughed twice, barking into his fist. Lily winced.

“Really, I’m serious. Do you want some tea? Soup?”

“Baybe soup,” he said, his nose still completely blocked but steadily streaming a thin line of congestion. He wiped it with the hankie again. He could feel it quickly becoming red and raw.

“How about some take-away? Will won-ton soup do?”

“Dat sounds wunderful,” he replied. “How good are you at laundry spells? I fear Ib soaked this hankie.”

“I can clean up that one, but if you don’t mind flowers, I’ve got some you can use too.”

Remus smiled a little.

“Anything is fine,” he said.

“Well you just sit tight and use that one for now and I’ll go get some fresh ones and call for some take-away.”

“Okay.”

She pulled the quilts up to his chin and pushed back his shaggy brown hair.

“Maybe close your eyes for a bit,” she said. “I’ll be back in a minute.”

She shut the guestroom door behind her, and Remus sank back into the pillows, rubbing at his runny nose. It itched fiercely and the edge was burning red and chapped. His eyelids fluttered as his breath hitched. Hehhh….hehhhhh…..tshoo!

He sneezed into his fist and used the already wet handkerchief to wipe his nose one again. It made his nose hurt even more. He closed his eyes, the soaked hankie clutched in his hands. His body felt exceptionally heavy as he lay huddled beneath the quilts. It was going to be a long day.

To be continued? Let me know what you want to see :wheels:

Guest silverbirch

This is lovely, Dusty. I'd love to read more, if you'd care to write it! I'd really like it if you could add Sirius to the mix too, I think you'd write the lupin-sirius dynamic really well.

Silver x

Lovely, really, though I don't know if I can ask for more. <3.

I hope you continue.

Archived