Sneeze Fetish Forum

Merry Christmas, Chase!

crazy_cat_girl

Yay! This story is complete! I felt bad for Chase but I had to do it. Christmas is a fabulous time of year for angst!

As a disclaimer, I do not own House or any of the characters.

“…there’s no place like home for the holidays…no matter how far away you roam…”

Christmas music followed Robert Chase to his car in his misery. The holidays were nothing but a grand bother. After all, who

was he supposed to spend the ever popular all American family holiday with? A bottle of scotch and some photographs?

Lovely.

He thought for a few seconds about Cameron, her sweet smile and new blonde hair.

Even though they were in an officially labeled relationship, she wasn’t the type of girl you asked to go home with for the

holidays.

Her grasp of commitment was fragile and he was doing his best to give her space and treat such issues as gently as possible.

On top of all this, he had contracted a rather awful cold, barely kept at bay by a cocktail of various over the counter medicines which were wearing off after a grueling nine hour day.

He stopped mid-stride, his breath catching and forcing frantic puffs of white into the air.

Feeling safely alone in the near empty parking lot, he allowed himself the pleasure of a completely uncovered, un-stifled sneeze.

“hegh…heghn-EESH!!!”

It echoed, loud and wet and satisfying.

Chase sighed.

He snuffled thickly, and wiped his nose on his glove. I

n a moment though, his congestion returned and the dull little throb behind his eye tried to keep beat with good ol’ Bing on the tinny garage stereo.

“…If you want to happy in a million ways…”

He pressed his thumb knuckle against his forehead and groaned.

Can’t wait to get into bed, he thought as he unlocked the door and crawled in behind the wheel, maybe a glass of that scotch wouldn’t so bad over a handful of ice-

He turned the key in the ignition and the car revved but didn’t start.

No. Nope. Not happening.

He tried again. The car sputtered and stalled.

Damn! He slammed his palms against the steering wheel, which jarred his aching joints into a cheering match over which hurt most of all.

He pushed the hood release and got out again, painfully aware that he knew absolutely nothing about cars at all. He stared down at the engine, hoping that he would be magically endorsed with a knowledge of all things automobile. He wasn’t. He stood.

“…From Atlantic to Pacific, gee, the traffic is terrific…”

“..oh, shut up…” he muttered and coughed into his fist. His throat was sore.

As he was reaching for his cellphone, he heard a nearby motor approach.

The tiny screen on his cell showed a sad empty battery and a dejected “LOW” beneath it. Just great, he thought.

A dark blue sedan pulled up beside Chase’s car, the window rolled down and Wilson poked his head out with a concerned look.

“Car trouble?”

“Um, yeah. I can’t seem to get the engine to turn ov…ov-heh...,”

Chase stopped, closed his eyes for a moment.

“I can’t get it to start….” He managed, and then suddenly buried his face in his elbow.

“Hegh-ESSH! Neghn-ESH! Eh-ESH!”

He flushed immediately, embarrassed.

“S-sorry,” he stammered, not looking in Wilson’s direction.

Wilson’s look of concern deepened. “Bless you.”

Chase cleared his throat and gestured stiffly toward his exposed engine.

“I’m…I’m not sure what’s wrong with it.”

“Maybe it’s the battery. I can give you a jump. I have cables somewhere in here.”

As Wilson searched his backseat, Chase shuddered with the cold. He wished he’d chosen a thicker coat to wear today.

“Hey, thanks,” he said. He stood by, feeling stupid and useless as Wilson fixed the jumper cables to his battery.

“No problem.” Wilson whistled along to ‘Oh, Christmas Tree’ as it played out from the garage’s speakers.

Chase was busy battling the urge to sneeze, an intense tickle under the bridge of his nose. He inhaled sharply, tried to stop, but it only made it twice as explosive.

“NEYYGH-ESSHU!”

Chase sneezed harshly against his wrist, his dirty blonde hair flying. He felt another coming and tried desperately to stifle it, “Hegh-NXXXHT!”

Success.

Sort of.

But he realized that his nose was now running uncontrollably. Mortified, he used one hand to cover it and the other to rapidly search his pockets for a tissue.

Wilson saw his distress and produced a little cellophane package of Kleenex from his pocket.

“Here,” he said, “T’is the season for that sort of thing.”

Chase couldn’t have turned a darker shade of red.

“Thanks,” he murmured, and turned to blow his nose for what felt like an eternity.

Wilson felt bad for Chase’s obvious embarrassment and tried to maintain a chipper attitude once the younger man had turned around again.

“Why don’t you see if it’ll start up now?” He offered.

Chase quickly got back into his car, not wanting Wilson to notice how badly he was shivering. He turned the key.

And nothing. The car was dead. Merry bloody Christmas.

Chase sighted, opened the door and stepped out.

“Can I use your phone? I’ll call a cab.”

“Come on, get in, I’ll give you a ride to wherever.”

Chase regarded Wilson with a look of mixed distrust and confusion.

Why would House’s best friend feel compelled to be nice to him?

Wilson half smiled, a little hurt as he picked out the message.

“I promise I’ve taken all of House’s listening devices out of the car.”

“No…no, it’s just that…I thought you…,”Chase stopped and coughed several times.

He winced at the pain in his throat and chest.

He gave Wilson the most level look he could manage in spite of it.

“House fired me. I know I am not exactly his favorite person nor have I been. I also know where your loyalties are and I wouldn’t want to…tuh..heh…hegh-esshu!” Chase cupped his nose and mouth and ducked with the force of the sneeze.

“Bless you. Look, you’re sick. It’s freezing out. I am not just going to leave you in the parking lot. House has nothing to do with it. Get in the car, Chase. I’m giving you a ride.”

To emphasize his point, Wilson collected his jumper cables and shut Chase’s hood.

Robert Chase shivered and considered his options.

In a few seconds, he was sitting in Wilson’s passenger seat, the heater blowing warm air against his freezing fingers. He

breathed a sigh of comfort and rested his head against the window. His blue eyes wearily followed the cheery Christmas

lights as they passed outside. Households aglow revealed scenes not unlike movie moments of happy families. It made him feel melancholy.

“Thanks a lot, Wilson. I don’t…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to accuse you of being House’s evil accomplice…”

Wilson snorted with good humor.

“My mind is…I’m just feeling a bit under the weather and I...” Chase continued but Wilson cut him off.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it. A hazard of having a friend like that, I guess. Turn left up here?”

“Yeah,” the young Aussie said, relieved.

They rolled along in silence.

The overly warm interior of the car and the extended hours finally got to Chase and his eyelids got heavier. I’ll just close my eyes for a minute or so, he thought, just a minute….

“Chase.”

Wilson’s voice came from far away.

“Chase, we’re here.”

Chase’s eyes fluttered, blinked open and slowly he looked around.

“Huh?”

“We’re at your house.”

“Oh. Oh, yeah. Sorry…Sorry that I…” He rubbed his hand over his face, trying to reconnect with his surroundings. Wilson’s car, the leather seat, the cold window. He felt light-headed and little lost.

“Chase?”

Wilson regarded the Australian with a critical eye.

He didn’t like the glazed look that had come over that gaze. He didn’t like how pale Chase had become and the high spots of color that had come to rest on his cheeks. The slow responses worried him, too. He placed a cool hand against the younger man’s forehead and his eyes widened.

“You’re burning up,” he said. He purposefully took off his seat belt and opened his door. “Let’s get you inside.”

*********************************************************************************

Chase searched for a full minute for his keys. He pulled them out, shivered and accidentally dropped them on the stairs.

“I got it,” Wilson bent over and picked them up and quickly unlocked the apartment door.

He wanted to get Chase out of the snow as fast as he could.

“The place is…the place is a mess,” Chase offered as he took off his coat.

Actually, it was incredibly tidy. The look of someone who lived alone. Wilson recognized it. He also saw that there was nothing festive put up. No tree, no bits of wrapping paper, no garland. There was really a lot he didn’t know about Robert Chase, he thought.

Wilson was pulled out of his scrutiny by a very harsh sneeze behind him.

“Hegh-yeeshu!”

“Bless,” he said absently, taking off his jacket and throwing it over a clean white chair.

“Do you want some coffee or something?” Chase offered, thickly.

“No,” Wilson said, “I want you to sit down on that couch and not move. Tell me where you keep your thermometer.”

“Bathroom cabinet. But why do-“

Wilson had already started off in the presumed direction of the bathroom. Chase groaned. His head hurt. He sat down on his couch, and put his face in his hands. Could the holidays get any better?

“Put this under your tongue.” Wilson held out the thermometer.

In his other hand, he had a bottle of aspirin that he found on the shelves of the cabinet.

Chase did as he was told.

Wilson went into the kitchen to search the cupboards for a glass. What he did find was alcohol. Lots of it. Bottles upon bottles. He closed the doors carefully, as though he was shutting away a demon. Better not to think about that right now, he decided. He opted for a coffee mug sitting in the drying rack. He filled it with water from the tap, and returned to the living room.

The thermometer beeped and Chase removed it from his mouth.

Distracted by a coughing fit that he had been trying to stave off, he handed the thermometer off to Wilson to look at it.

“You are sick. 103.7. That’s a little high.” Wilson unscrewed the aspirin bottle, shook two out and held them out, “Take these.”

Chase gave him a look of irritation, “I can take care of myself, you know.”

“I know you can,”

Wilson said, hand still held out, “Just…just let me help you out a little. Might make it easier on you for a change.”

Chase looked away, but he took the pills.

“You shouldn’t have to…to take care…to babysit me. Especially not tonight. It’s Christmas Eve, you should be with your family.”

Wilson laughed and the sound was startling.

“First of all,” he said, when he could speak again, “I’m Jewish. And Hanukkah ended already. And second, my plans tonight were to go back to my home sweet hotel room and watch some telenovelas. I assure you are not diverting me from any special evening.”

Chase cracked a small smile,

“Telenovelas? You watch telenovelas?”

Wilson shrugged. “I’m trying to learn Spanish.”

Chase chuckled, which immediately turned into another bout of coughing.

“You’re cold. Where do you keep extra blankets?”

“H..hall. Cl..closet,” He said between coughs.

Wilson hurriedly found the little closet and found the warmest throw he could. He brought it back and handed it to the younger doctor.

“Thanks.” Chase pulled it over his chest.

“I think I will have some coffee. Do you mind if I make myself some?”

Comfortable under the warm blanket, Chase shook his head and leaned against the couch arm.

“Do want anything?”

“Wilson?”

“Yeah.”

“Don’t tell House about this.”

“Tell who?”

“Okay.” Chase smiled with his eyes closed. A few seconds later, he drifted off.

Wilson headed into the kitchen to make some coffee. And a phone call.

******************************************************************************************

“Robert?”

Her voice fell softly and he thought he was dreaming.

“Robert?”

A gentle hand touched his hair, pushed it aside. Lips kissed his forehead. He opened his eyes and Cameron was crouched on the floor beside him.

“Hey,” she said, a look of concern in her brown eyes.

Eyes that made him tremble, even now.

There was snow in her hair and she smelled like the clear cold evening.

Wilson was sitting in the chair, wearing his jacket.

“I didn’t tell House,” he said, “But I thought it might be okay to tell someone else.”

“Why didn’t you call me and tell me you weren’t feeling well?”

“I didn’t want to take you away from your holiday,” Chase was surprised how hoarse his voice sounded. “You were home, with your family. I didn’t want to take you away from that. I’m fine. Really, I…” He quickly turned away from her, “Hegh..eshuu!

“Bless you. You’re not fine. But I’m here and I’m going to take care of you, regardless of whether you want me to or not. Thank you, Dr. Wilson. But I think I can handle it from here.”

Cameron fussed over his blanket, and Chase reached up and took her into his arms.

“I’m so glad you’re here,” he said into her hair, his voice taut with an emotion he wasn’t used to.

He kissed her.

Wilson got up, sensing his cue to leave.

“Merry Christmas to you two,”

Wilson said to them as he let himself out.

There was a faint snow falling as he stood on the porch and the outside world was quiet.

“And to all a good night.”

The end.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYBODY!!!! :bleh: And may all your wishes come true this year.

Yay yay yay yay yayyy!! *big hugs*

I'm sooo happy to come home from work and find a Chase fic. You're awesome. Normally I'm more interested in House<--->Chase interaction, but thanks to some of the fics here I'm finding Wilson<--->Chase is very nice too. :bleh:

Thanks again!

Awww

This was seriously awsome! The perfect Christmas gift for me :rolleyes:

I only wish for another Chase-Christmas fic like this and I'm going to have a happy holiday! :lol: I can't get enough of him. :grenade:

Thanks! :bleh:

I'm sooo happy to come home from work and find a Chase fic. You're awesome. Normally I'm more interested in House<--->Chase interaction, but thanks to some of the fics here I'm finding Wilson<--->Chase is very nice too. :hypoc:

Thanks again!

Yeah, you know, I really like the House and Chase relationship, too. It's just so hard to think of ways to trap them together, especially now that Chase doesn't work for him anymore. I am working on it though and I think I have some ideas.

I so glad you liked it!

Yeah, you know, I really like the House and Chase relationship, too. It's just so hard to think of ways to trap them together, especially now that Chase doesn't work for him anymore. I am working on it though and I think I have some ideas.

Wow, really? I simply cannot wait for some of that goodness. ;):hypoc:

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick Chase and caring Wilson!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the part about that Wilson didn't have a listening device in his car. That was beautiful.

I'm sooo happy to come home from work and find a Chase fic. You're awesome. Normally I'm more interested in House<--->Chase interaction, but thanks to some of the fics here I'm finding Wilson<--->Chase is very nice too. :)

Thanks again!

I so glad you liked it!

I have to agree. I can't wait to read those ideas you have there! ;)

I'm longing for a "House is taking care of Chase" sort of story...I don't quite know why :unsure::drool:

Archived