Sneeze Fetish Forum

Oceans Aren't for Everyone (Legolas series) - (5 Parts)

SneezyCreed

Title: Oceans aren’t for Everyone, especially Elves (Part 1)

Author: SneezyCreed

Fandom: Lord of the Rings

Rating: PG

Disclaimer: They're so not mine, and I’m making no money for it, Just hope everyone enjoys

Legolas learns that the sea-longing has a very detrimental effect on the elven immune system and his healing ability.

Oceans aren’t for Everyone, especially Elves (Part 1)

Legolas Greenleaf had never been to the ocean before, but Faramir and Eowyn were having a beach wedding and all of the Fellowship has been invited. It was a long and tiring journey, but nonetheless they had arrived in good time. He was with his lifemate, Gimli and it was good to see the others arrive one by one. There were about ten different tents set up on the beach a ways away from where the wedding was to be held in two days.

Legolas was more than impressed as he smelled the sea air and watched the waves coming in from the vast ocean. He and Gimli were assigned a tent and the two entered to unpack their belongings that they had. The woodland prince finished up and sighed as he exited the tent and saw several guests already in the waters. “Hurry, Gimli” He urged as looked over his attire, he wore way too much to be swimming in the water.

“Here.” Gimli said as he thrust a pair of trousers the elf’s way. “You can’t go swimming around in that. These will be much better, I had them made myself. Just for you.” A smile crossed his lips at the surprised look on Legolas’ face.

The Prince was thrilled as he hugged the dwarf. “These are perfect, thank you so much!” He quickly made his way back into the tent and changed, and it was no long until he and his dwarf counterpart were splashing around in the water.

“Hey, no sense in you two having all the fun!” came a very familiar voice. It was Aragorn. The King ran into the water and plowed right into his friends, knocking them flat. Legolas came sputtering up and laughing, but Gimli was not as happy. His sputtering was mingled with a few choice words. “Aragorn!” Legolas smiled as he hugged his friend. “It’s been a while, is Arwen coming in?” He asked as he looked around for the lady fair.

Aragorn shook his head. “No, she’s with child.” A smile began to beam on his face.

Gimli was the first to react. “Ya got yaself an heir! Bout time, laddie!” His words added to the powerful slap on the back that nearly threw the King headlong into the water.

Legolas on the other hand stood there for a moment, pondering this. It was only a moment later that he spoke. “Congratulations, Aragorn.”

“Thanks, but I think its time I got back to her to make sure she is comfortable.” He smiled as he began walking towards the beach again. “I’ll see the two of you at supper.”

“Ay!” the pair called in unison. They stayed in the water for another hour and then retreated back to their tent. Whilst drying and changing, Legolas felt that strange tickle in the back of his nose. He rubbed the side to end the sensation and sniffed. Unfortunately, the tickle did not go away, it presumed to get worse. “Eh…” came the first hitched breath as the Elf felt the tension throughout his body. “Eh…heh…” It was slow coming as he closed his eyes and his jaw dropped a bit, waiting patiently for the sneeze to release. “Eh…ehhhh…EHHHShhhh!” He nearly bent in half from the explosion. When he recovered, Gimli’s attentive eyes were on him. “What?” He asked as his nose twitched and that all to familiar feeling riveted again. “Ehhh…ehhhh…” He fought to keep it at bay, but lost his battle. “EHHHShhhhh!”

The dwarf handed him a handkerchief, Legolas nodded a thank you and blew his nose.

“Sounds as if you’re coming down with a cold, Legolas.” Gimli said as he pulled his tunic over himself.

“Nonesense…” The Elf retorted. “Can I…heh…can…hehhh…HEHHHSHHOOOO!” The sneeze was so hard that it bent him in half. He blew his running nose and shook his hair back away from his face. “I don’t…oh…” That darn tickle was back. “I…ehhhh-heh…” The Elvish Prince pinched his nose closed. “EHH-Hhhmptt! Oh…that hurt.” He said as he released his nose. “I don’t understand, I felt fine a bit ag…EHHH-SHOOO!!!”

“Legolas!” Aragorn’s voice called from outside. “Are you alright? We can hear you all the way from our tent.”

The Elf gave a wet sniff and stepped outside. “I’b fide.” He sniffed again, as his nasal passages were suddenly clogged up. “I thind I pigged ub an allergy sombwhere.”

“Some allergy…” Aragorn mused as he stepped closer to the Elf as Gimli appeared behind. “I think, he’s got a cold.” The Dwarf announced.

Aragorn placed a gentle hand on Legolas’ forehead. “You’re a little warm, my friend and a bit pale.”

Legolas raised an eyebrow to the observation.

“Okay, paler.” The King frowned.

The Prince didn’t care to be fussed over, after all it was warm out and it was just a few sneezes, nothing to get too concerned over. He’d spent days in the pouring rain whilst on their journey six months ago, without so much as a sniffle. He was not sick, it was merely dust or something. “Ad I said, I’b…” He rolled his eyes slightly as his breathing began to hitch and he felt the impending sneezes coming. “Ehh…ehhh…EHHSHOOOO! EHH-SHOOOO! Heh…ehhhhhh….” The last was a lingering one, as Legolas stood with his head back, ready for it…but, it didn’t seem to want to come. After a moment, he finally relaxed and gave a sigh. “See, I told you…HEHH-SHOOOOO!!!” The force made him stumble as both, Gimli and Aragorn took a hold of him to steady him.

“My goodness! Blesses!” A new voice ushered in. It was Eowyn. “Are you alright, Legolas?” She asked with much concern in her voice.

Before he could answer, Aragorn answered for him. “We think, he’s caught cold. But, he doesn’t believe so.”

“Well, perhaps you should rest and do some Elvish healing? I know, you can do that.” She advised as Faramir came up.

“Healing?” Faramir asked as he joined the small group. “Is somebody sick?”

Gimli nodded towards the Elf.

“I’b…ehh…I’b nod….ehhhh-ehhhhhshhhhhh!” Once he recovered, he finished. “I’b nod sid.”

“Why don’t you allow us to be the judge of that?” Gimli asked, as he rubbed Legolas’ back gently to try and ease some of his discomfort.

“EHH-SHOOOO!!” Legolas barely got his hands to his face for that one. It made him feel dizzy and he stepped backwards unsteadily.

The two men and one dwarf, quickly reacted and helped him sit down. “I think, maybe a warm bed may help.” Faramir asked.

“Doe, I don’d wad to miss the didder, we’b comb all dis way.” Legolas muttered through his stuffed nose as Gimli disappeared in the tent for a second and then returned and brandished a new handkerchief. Legolas took it gladly and blew his nose thankfully. “There,” He sniffed. “I feel better.”

Aragorn looked at his friend and placed a strong hand on his shoulder. “I think that maybe a healing trance would help you out and dinner is a ways off, the hobbits haven’t arrived just yet. So, just go back in there and lie down for a bit.”

Legolas knew it was better to listen to his friends at this point, even though it was just some allergy. “Alright, if everyone will just quite fussing, I’ll go lie down for…” The sneezy feeling returned in the Elf’s nasal passages, ticking with a feriousness that even he could not ignore. “Heh…heh…HEHHHH-EEETCHOOOOOO!!!”

“Galu, now will you go lie down?” Aragorn asked as his friend recovered and blew his nose.

Legolas nodded as he wiped his nose and slowly stood. “I’ll make sure he lies down for a bit, Laddie.” Gimli advised as he led the Elven Prince back into their tent.

“EHHH-SHOOOOO!!!” Came another strong sneeze followed by a strong liquid sniff as the friends outside looked at one another, hoping the Prince was true at his word and not coming down with a bad cold. Time would only tell and they had plenty of that.

(Con’t to Part 2)

Title: Oceans aren't for Everyone, especially Elves (Part 2-The Fit)

Disclaimer: They're so not mine, and I'm making no money for it, Just

hope everyone enjoys.

“HEHHH-SHOOO! HACHU!!! Ehh…ehhhhh…EHHHCHOOOO!!!” The strong sneezes overtook his body, leaving him feel weakened. Sleep was not coming at this rate, there was no time between the ongoing course of sneezes and sniffles that plagued the Elf.

Gimli handed him a new handkerchief, Legolas took it gratefully and gave his nose a good blow. “Thang-you, Gibli.” He said with a very stuffed up voice.

“I just don’t understand how it happened so quickly.” Gimli said as he rubbed his beard thoughtfully. “You were fine a little while ago.”

Legolas shrugged as he lay there, miserable. Suddenly, that sneezy expression came over him as Gimli noticed and handed him another handkerchief as his mate began to speak. “I…heh…oh doe…hehhh, I hab….hehhh…to sneed….hehhhhh-EHHHCHOOOOO!!! EHHH-SHOOOOO! Ehhh….ehhhh….EHHHHSHHHHH!” The Elf winced as he rubbed his nose, it was becoming tender to the touch. “Excuse be…EHHHHSHHHHHH!!” The last sneeze came with very little warning and the Legolas didn’t have time to cover it. The spray hit his mate. “Ohhh, I’b sorry, Gibli.” He apologized.

Gimli chuckled. “It’s alright, no harm done, Legolas. I can’t catch your cold anyway. I’d have to be another elf to do that. Now, blow your nose and try to do some self-healing. I’m going outside for a bit to talk with the others, I’ll be back in no time.” He smiled and gave his elf a kiss on the forehead. “Feel better, love.”

Legolas tried to smile, but his nose was not going to let him get too far. It constantly tickled now as he brought the handkerchief to his face. “EHH-CHOOO! HEHH-SHOOOO! HEHShhhhh!” I groaned afterwards and sunk back onto his pillows.

“Blesses, love.” Gimli said as he stepped out. The others were around a small fire on the beach, including the small band of Hobbits.

“Still sneezing we hear.” Aragorn said as his eyes came upon Gimli and he puffed his pipe. “Arwen is making some kind of concoction for you to give to him. I hope it helps.”

“I’ve never heard an Elf sneeze so much.” Faramir noted as he walked over to them and took a seat on a log.

“Hehh-shhhhhhhh!” Another sneeze came from the tent.

“Oh, I’ve heard him plenty of times, he catches colds nearly every time he comes to spend time with me at the Glittering Caves. But, I’ve never heard of one coming on this quickly and that has me concerned.” Gimli said as he lit his own pipe.

“HEHH-SHOOOO!”

“Has he tried healing?” Eowyn asked as she came up to the group and took a seat on the sand in front of Faramir. Her husband-to-be leaned up and hugged her. “I don’t think he can, he’s been sneezing too much.”

It was about that time that a huge sneezing fit erupted from the Elf’s tent. “HEh-SHOOO! Ehhh-ehhh HETCHOOOO! EHH-CHOOO! HEH-HEH-HEHH-SHOOOO!! Ehhh-HHMPT! Ehhh….ehhhhhhh…..EHHHHH…..HETHCOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Gimli was up and on his way back to the tent as two more sneezes followed. “HEH-CHOOO! EHHH-SHOOOOOO!!”

“Are ya alright. love?” He asked quickly as he went to Legolas and rubbed his back as that same sneezy epression told Gimli that the sneezes were not through. “I’b…Ehhhh-SHhhhhhhhhhhh!! I can’d….HEHSHOOOO!!”

Legolas could not as much utter more than two words as the tickle was so horrible, but this time he fought it. “Ehhh….ehhhhh….” He sat there with his eyes closed, head back and jaw slightly opened, but his handkerchief rubbing feriously to get the feeling to leave.

“Just let it happen, luv.” Gimli said as he rubbed his shoulders to ease some of the tension.

“Ehhh…….ehhhhhhhh…” it was coming and it was going to be huge, Legolas could feel it as it continued its build. “EHHHHHHHH-HEHHHSHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” He was thrown forward violently as Gimli held onto him. With a great sigh, the Elf sat up and blew his nose, the tickly sensation was gone for the time being.

“Are you alright in here?” Aragorn asked as he poked his head in. “That was some sneeze we heard.”

“I’b bedder dow.” Legolas answered with a deep sigh and leaned against Gimli. The fit left him exhausted.

Aragorn nodded. “They are setting up for dinner now if you’re going to feel like it.”

“We’ll be there.” The Elf said as he blew his nose again. They would be there, Legolas was sure of it, he had not come all this way to let a little cold ruin everything. It simply would not happen.

(Con’t to Part 3)

Title: Oceans aren't for Everyone, especially Elves (Part 3- That Evening)

hope everyone enjoys.

The self-healing was not working, as Legolas lay on the bed roll. Something was happening to him and it wasn’t just the utterly bad cold that he seemed to catch only minutes of getting out of the ocean.

“Hehhh-SHOOO!!” He leaned forward and blew his nose again, he was doing his best to hide all the other symptoms he was feeling. The ache he felt in his head, his body, the scratchiness in his throat and the shivers.

“Are you sure you’re up to this, Legolas? We can skip the meal.” Gimli said as he helped him on with his boots.

“Doe, I’ll be fide.” He said with a sniff. His jaw went slack, his breathing suddenly hitched and he held his head back. “Ehhh…ehhhhhhhh….EETHHCCCCHOOOOO!!!” After the blast, he wiped his nose and winced, he was sure it looked red and raw from all the sneezing and blowing he’d been doing. He just didn’t understand what was causing this.

“Blesses!” Gimli said gently and put a couple of extra handkerchiefs into his pocket. “Now, at anytime you feel like you need to go lie down, do not hesitate to tell me. Understand?” Gimli asked as he looked at his ailing elf. Legolas nodded.

Legolas had been looking forward to this trip for weeks and now to feel as he did, he was rather upset. “I don’d wand to do adythang to spoil tonide.” He was afraid he already had. Everyone was already fussing over him and making him feel worse than what he already felt like.

“Did you finish the medicine that Queen Arwen gave you?” The Dwarf questioned gingerly.

“Yes, it tasted…ehhhh…tast…ehhhhh…ed….EHHH-SHHHHHH!!” In the next breath he continued. “Id tasted awful.”

“Awful or not, maybe it will help. Are you ready to go?”

Legolas nodded as he stood and smoothed down his hair and tunic. “How do I look?”

“You look like an elf with a very nasty cold and who should be in bed.” Gimli answered with a twinkle in his eye. He smiled as he saw Legolas sigh. “You look as lovely as ever, love.”

“Good…HEHHH-SHHOOOO!!” His handkerchief caught the sneeze just in time. He folded it up and put it in his vestment pocket. Only to quickly recover it. “HHHHEEEHHH-SHHHHOOOOO!!!”

Gimli stood at the door as Legolas sneezed and nearly hit his head against one of the tent

“Easy, luv are you sure you’re going to be alright?”

Legolas nodded and gave his nose a loud blow. “I’b fide.” He stepped out into the warm evening and saw the dinner tent down on the beach. Eowyn and Faramir had thought of everything all the way down to the ale. There was a long table set up with many chairs and food was spread out.

Legolas wasn’t very hungry and he and Gimli joined the group.

“Hey, Legolas, Gimli!” Froto Baggins called from the opposite end of the table. “It’s good to see you two.” Sam, Pippin and Merry greeted them accordingly as well.

“Aye, good to see you too.” Gimli answered for the two of them. He could tell that Legolas was concentrating on not sneezing. It lasted all of two minutes.

“Hehhh-Shhhhhhhh!” The Elf turned away from the table as the sneeze overtook him. “Heh…ehhh…hehhh-Shhhhhhh!!”

“Bless you, Legolas.” Arwen said softly, as she sat beside him. Her blue eyes looked at her husband as she felt badly for her husband’s best friend.

“Gotya a cold, Legolas?” Pippin piped.

Aragorn knew Legolas didn’t like to be the center of attention and had been doing his best to remain as so, until those dreadful sneezes took hold of him. “No, need to worry over my dear friend, Pippin. We’re taking care of things.”

“HEHH-SHOOOOO!!” Legolas sneezed again, afterwards he gave his nose a blow and turned back around. “Excuse me.” He said in his polite tone and took a drink. The Elf was more than happy to have Aragorn step in and stop the questions from the half-ling.

Whilst Gimli and the others ate, laughed and carried on of times gone by, the Elvish Prince remained quiet with the exception of his sneezes. A slight smile formed on his lips from time to time, but he was exhausted and he felt absolutely miserable. “Hehhh-SHOOO!! ETHHCHOOO! Ehhh…ehhhhhh….EHHHCHOOOOO!!” He was already on his second handkerchief as they retreated from the dinner table and went to the large bonfire. Logs were all around for them to sit. Legolas was utterly happy to be sitting as close to the fire as he possibly could, several times he shook at the table from being cold, at least now maybe he could warm up a bit. He sat between Gimli’s legs and leaned back against his chest.

Legolas watched the fire dance before him as he eyelids began to droop slowly. The tickles in his nose seemed to back off a bit, allowing him a bit of needed peace.

As the others talked, it seemed to drift the Elf to sleep. “Legolas?” A gentle voice spoke. It was Aragorn.

He woke with a snort and an oncoming sneeze. “Heh-Shoooo!” Lucky, for Aragorn, he dodged the sneeze and laughed. “Thanks, I really needed that.”

“Sorry…ehhh…ehhhhh….” It stopped there. “Uhhhh, I guess it’s not gonna….HEHHH-SHOOOO!!”

“Maybe we should get him some Baro root, mum always gave that to me when I caught a cold.” Sam offered.

“Well, unfortunately most things don’t help Elves.” Aragorn said as Gimli and he helped Legolas to his feet.

“Good night, everyone…” Legolas said softly as his eyes rolled up in his head and he fell forward. Lucky for him, Argorn was on one side and Gimli on the other, between the two of them, they caught him.

The others quickly stood, they were all concerned as Aragorn took the sick Elf into his arms and carried him to the tent he shared with Gimli.

“He’s got a high fever.” Aragorn said as he carefully laid him down. “I’ll have someone fetch some seawater to cool him off.” He headed towards the opening and saw Faramir standing there. “I’m on it.” Faramir said.

“We need to get his clothes off.” Gimli said as he began carefully taking off the tunic and leggings. Faramir brought in a bowl of cool seawater and the three of them quickly took rags Eowyn and Arwen got for them and put them all over Legolas’ body to cool his burning skin.

“What is doing this to him?” Faramir asked.

Aragorn shook his head. “I haven’t the slightest idea.” He looked at Gimli. “He started this shortly after he got out of the water?” Gimli nodded as he cradled Legolas’ head on his lap.

“Something just doesn’t feel right. If he’s no better by in the morning, I’m riding to Rivendell to get Lord Elrond.”

Faramir nodded. “Yes, there’s no other way, we must make sure he’s going to be fine. I’ll tell the others.”

Legolas had just barely been coherent when he heard them talking. “Doe…” He croaked. “The w-w-w-wedding…hehhh-shhhhhhhhhhh!” The sneeze hurt his head and he groaned though chattering teeth.

“The wedding can wait we need you healthy first, Prince.” Faramir said as he looked down at the ailing Elf. “My future wife and I will have it no other way.”

“They are right, Legolas. I don’t like this illness you’ve taken on.” Aragorn added with concern.

Legolas’ looked at them, pure exhaustion lined his face as he struggled not to sneeze again, it just plainly began to hurt too much. “I’b sorry, I rood eberythig…hehhhh-Shoooo!” Aragorn had a handkerchief and caught the sneeze for him, he then gently wiped his nose.

Gimli put another compress on his forehead and looked down at him. “It’s not your fault, you can’t help it that you got sick, but let us take care of you. So, you can get better.”

“I wan to ged bedder.” He answered as he slowly closed his eyes.

“We’ll take shifts to watch over him. I’ll tell the others.” Aragorn said as he stood and walked out of the tent. It was going to be a long night for all of them, but for Legolas it was only the beginning.

(Con’t to Part 4)

Title: Oceans aren't for Everyone, especially Elves (Part 4-On to Rivendell)

hope everyone enjoys.

The Elf was sneezing constantly. “Hehhh….HEHH-CHOOOOO!!” He felt miserable and embarrassed and did his best to stifle them, but was not having much luck.

It was somewhere in the night that Aragorn was watching over him, the fires were low as he puffed on his pipe just outside the tent door. All was quiet…too quiet, he’d not heard Legolas sneeze in some time now and sighed. He was glad to know that maybe, just maybe his best friend was finally getting some much needed rest from his cold. He sat there a few more minutes as a cold feeling came over him, placing down his pipe he crawled back into the tent…agast at what he saw.

Legolas’ body was shaking, his eyes were closed and from the sweat rolling off of him, he was burning up with fever.

“Legolas!” He cried as he tore off the blankets. “Gimli, wake up!” The King quickly picked up the fevered Elf and could feel the heat rolling off him.

Gimli woke with a start, “Huh? What?” He was half asleep as he saw Aragorn lift Legolas into his arms and take him from the tent. “What’s going on?”

Faramir and Eowyn heard his cries and were out of their tents almost immediately to see Aragorn carrying Legolas towards the ocean. Faramir caught up with him. “What is it?”

“I must cool him off, he’s burning up!” Aragorn didn’t even stop to take off his boots and plunged them both into the water.

The Elf’s eyes looked glazed and opened wide as he cried out as if in pain. He tried to scramble away, but in his deeply weakened state, he could not.

Gimli, Faramir and Eowyn were there momentarily as Legolas moaned and lulled his head from side to side. “Easy, friend, it’s alright.” Aragorn soothed as he put cool water on his forehead. Aragorn looked up at the others. “I’m taking him to Rivendell, tonight.”

“But, it’s a three days journey.” Faramir said.

“And it could be six days if I leave him here to get Lord Elrond. I have to take him.” Aragorn said as he wiped some salt water from his brow.

“I’m going with you then.” Faramir said.

A pained look came over Legolas’ face for a second. “Hehhhh….HEHHH-SHOOOO!”

Aragorn sighed in relief, the Elf’s sneeze was the sweetest thing he’d heard since they’d plunged into the water. “That’s it…” He smiled down at him. “He’s back.”

A short time later, Argorn, Gimli and Faramir fastened their pack to the two horses. Gimli would ride behind whoever was not holding Legolas, it this time it would be Faramir.

Eowyn came up to her future husband and gave him a smile. “Here’s some bread to take with you, my love.” She put it in his pack. “Be safe and take good care of Legolas.”

Faramir smiled down at her. “I’ll be back before you know and the wedding will go on, we’ve just got this little bump in the road.”

“The Hobbits might stay, but our other guests…”

He touched her cheek gently. “If they cannot stay, they cannot stay. I understand. Our wedding will be just as special with or without them.”

“Hehhhh-shhhhhh!!” The sneeze erupted from the bundle of blankets that Aragorn was holding, he was glad that this particular Elf was very light weight and it was no trouble right now to hold him. “Faramir, Gimli are you ready?” he asked.

Faramir leaned down and kissed Eowyn. “I love you.” He smiled as he walked over to the King. He took Legolas from him as Arwen came up to them.

Aragorn smiled at her and gently touched her bulging belly. He spoke in Elvish. “I’ll be back soon, take care of our little one while I’m gone.” He leaned down and kissed her stomach. “You’re in my heart always.” Aragorn kissed her gently and climbed upon his horse. Faramir handed Legolas up to him. “EHHH-SHHHH!!!” The bundle sneezed again.

Faramir and Gimli were on the other horse moments later. “Be careful!” Eowyn called as the four of them rode off into the night.

As the crack of dawn approached, the only thing that could be heard besides the clomp of horse hooves was a particular Elf sneezing. “Hhehhh…Hehhh….HEHShhhhh!”

Legolas was well aware of where they were going and at this point, he didn’t care. He knew he was utterly sick and just wanted more than anything to feel better. “HEH-SHhhhh!” His nose was sore from all the sneezing and the pounding of his head matched with the pounding of the horses. “Hehhhh….Hehhh-shhhhhhhhhhh!” He so wished to just stop sneezing so much, but that was not going to happen by a long shot.

“Are you doing alright, Legolas?” Aragorn asked gently as they rode.

“Fi…ehhhhhh...ehhhhh….ETHHHH-CHOOOOO!” With a liquid sniff, he nodded. “Fide.” His nose was running and stuffed at the same time, making it very hard to breath. “Hehhhh-shhhhhhhhh!” And the sneezes were becoming more and more frequent. “Ehhhhh-CHHOOOOOO!! Ha-CHOOOOOO!! Ehhhhh….ehhhhhhhhhh….EHHH-CHOOOO!!” The last sneeze had been so strong that Aragorn nearly lost his grip on his friend. Many more sneezes like that and the King was afraid he might drop him accidently. As the morning went on Aragorn began to take heed to the sneezes with big buildups, those were the ones to that tended to be huge.

They stopped in the afternoon, to allow Legolas to rest for a bit and so that they could eat quickly.

Gimli was right there with Legolas trying to get him to drink and eat a bite. The Elf drank, but would not eat for anything.

“Well, at least we know he’s alright with all the sneezing.” Faramir commented quietly as he ate.

Aragorn nodded. “The strong ones have big buildups, hold him especially tight on them.” He could hardly believe he was even saying this, it was odd that mere illness had that effect on one. But, Aragorn cared a lot about Legolas and his health as did Faramir and especially Gimli.

They rested for an hour and were back on their way into the night. Faramir was holding tightly onto Legolas as they rode the empty path that led them through the eerie forests of Kimisha. This was a particularly dangerous area that seemed infested with trolls and other dangerous creatures.

“HEHH-SHOOOO!!” Legolas’ body shook from the sneeze, only to be followed by another. “EEETHH-CHOOOOOOO!” The sound echoed through the wood, giving all three companions an eerie feeling.

Darkness loomed all about, but other noises stirred and they were all sure that they had been pinpointed by the Elf’s sneezing. Faramir and the others knew he could not help it and his fever was not helping by any case.

“Stay close…” Aragorn whispered. “I hear a stirring in the wind.”

All three companions listened to the sounds on all sides. “Hehhh….ehhhhh….”

Faramir groaned inwardly as he heard the buildup. “Legolas, try to stifle this.” He whispered.

The Elf rubbed his nose to end that dreadful tickle that plagued him again. “Ehhhhhh…ehhhhhhh…EEEHHHH…”

“Please, don’t sneeze.” Faramir urged, but it was too late.

“HHEHHHHH-SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” Legolas’ nose won the battle, the force of the sneeze was so great he slipped from Faramir’s grip and hit the ground.

The sneeze not only distracted the three men, but the horses as something huge and dark came springing from the foliage right at them…

(Con’t to Part 5)

Title: Oceans aren't for Everyone, especially Elves (Part 5-The Attack)

hope everyone enjoys.

A very weaken Legolas felt his body fall and hit the ground with a hard ‘thud’. Instinct took a hold even in his weakened state and he rolled with the fall, right down an embankment. He too, heard the vicious growl and knew right away that it was a hellcat, but that didn’t matter at the moment as plunged into a small stream and his head hit a rock. Darkness was on him in seconds.

On the road above, the Hellcat came out of the bushes with a shrill call, both horses reared back, quickly knocking their riders off their mounts. Faramir scrambled to his feet as the Hellcat pounced on him, knocking him down.

Aragorn and Gimli were on it within seconds, strutting swords and axes bringing the beast down. Aragorn helped Faramir to his feet as Gimli rushed over to the edge of the embankment and stumbled down it to get to his mate. “Legolas!” He called as he heard the other two behind him. He gasped as he found the Elf in the water, unconscious with a head wound, but luckily still breathing.

“He slipped out of my hands...” Faramir said as he and Aragorn trudged into the small streamed and carefully felt for any other injuries.

“He’s freezing!” Aragorn said as he lifted Legolas from the water and held him close. “We’ve got to get him warm...we’ve got to build a fire, there’s no choice.” He said as he Faramir carefully got him back up to the road whilst Gimli grabbed up the wet blankets and followed them.

Aragorn lay the elf down and began rubbing his hands to warm them as he heard Faramir. “The horses are gone!”

“Faramir, I need your cloak and any clothing you and Gimli can spare.” Aragorn said as he took off his cloak. “Gimli, go look for some firewood, we’ll find the horses after we get Legolas warmed up.” Gimli nodded with a worried glance, but knew that Aragorn would take good care of his mate. He removed his outer cloak and tossed it towards Aragorn, then ran off to find the wood.

The King lay his cloak on the ground, then quickly removed the Elf’s wet clothing and covered him with the other two cloaks. “Legolas, can you hear me?” He asked gently as he moved a strand of wet hair from the Elf’s face. Legolas did not respond.

Faramir sighed deeply as he picked up Legolas’ wet clothes and began to hang them over a couple of low branches to dry through the night. He came back a moment later, “I’m going to go look for the horses.” Faramir didn’t wait for a reply, he just turned and walked off.

Aragorn knew he felt terrible about what had happened, but it would be alright and he would tell his friend that after Legolas was alright.

A few moments later, Gimli returned with some firewood and in no time had a fire going.

“Any change?” He asked as he knelt down by Legolas, while Aragorn rubbed the Elf’s feet to get them warm. “I’m sure he’ll come around soon, the fire will help. Besides, we all need some rest.” Aragorn assured him as he covered up Legolas’ feet and stood. “I’m going to go help Faramir look for the horses.”

The Dwarf nodded and began rubbing Legolas’ hands to get them warm again as Aragorn disappeared into the darkness.

“OOhhhh...” Legolas groaned as his head moved a few moments later.

“Easy, don’t move too much, luv.” Gimli said gently as he placed a comforting hand on the Elf’s face.

“What happened?”

“We were attacked and you slipped out of Faramir’s grip and had yourself a tumble down an embankment and into a stream, at which...you were stopped by a rock...to the head.”

The Elf sniffed as a new tickle began to develop in his nasal passages. He scrubbed his nose in hopes to end it, to no avail. “Great...just...ehh....” Legolas was suddenly caught in that pre-sneeze state, frozen while his nose egged it on. “Ehhhh....” He knew the way his head was hurting, this was going to feel pretty darn bad. “Ehhhhh....EHHH-SHOOOOO!! Ouch!” He grimaced and held his head as the hammers went off.

Gimli felt for the Elf as he cradled his head on his lap. “Easy, luv.” He said gently.

“Where are the others?”

“They went to find the horses, seems our Hellcat friend scared them. They will be back soon, I’m sure. Try to get some rest now.”

“I will...HETCHOOO! Hehh...hehhhh....HETCHOOO!!! HETCHOOOOO!! Uhhhh, that hurts.” Legolas groaned as the sneezes passed and he gave a good liquid sniff.

Gimli had one handkerchief on him and pulled it out. “Here, luv.”

The Elf took it graciously and blew, he felt much better afterwards. “Thanks.” He closed his eyes and it wasn’t long before he was asleep.

“Legolas.” The voice stirred him. “Huh?” His eyes fluttered open as he was face to face with a Hellcat. Its bright yellow eyes staring holes through him as his whole body stiffened with shock. Its razor-sharp teeth dripped with saliva as it gave into a horrendous growl.

The Elf would have screamed had he the breath, but there was no time. Instead, he jumped from the cloaks about him and ran. He didn’t see his friends anywhere, he’d been alone...he couldn’t think of where they might have gone, but it didn’t matter, what he did hear was the thundering steps of the Hellcat nearly at his heels.

“It’s morning.” Faramir said quietly as he yawned and had packed up his gear from the night before. After returning from finding the horses, they had eaten a small supper of bread and cheese before turning in for the night. The others were still sleeping and it had been Faramir’s shift to watch him. It was about that time that Faramir noticed Legolas’ face was flushed and sweat was pouring off of him. “Legolas.” He said gently and touched the Elf’s burning skin.

Legolas wakened with a start and stared precariously at Faramir, almost as if he had no idea who he was, this startled Faramir. A second later, Legolas jumped up and took off.

“Legolas!!” Faramir yelled as he took off after the half-naked Elf.

This aroused the others as they had no idea what was going on, only that their Legolas had taken off and Faramir was running after him. They quickly pulled on their boots and were after them as well.

Faramir stopped as he couldn’t see the Elf anymore. He looked around everywhere and didn’t see him. “Damn!” He spat.

“Where is he?” Aragorn asked as he and Gimli came up behind him. “What happened?”

Faramir shook his head, “He’s burning up again, I think he’s hallucinating.”

“He could be anywhere in that state.” Aragorn said as he began scanning the trees. “At least we should be able to see him.”

“Will you both please just be quiet and listen?” Gimli growled.

They all became silent.

“HEh-SHhhh!”

Aragorn raised an eyebrow.

“Ehh-shooooo! Ehh...ehhhhh...EHHHMPT!”

“Legolas! Where are you?” The King called.

“HEH-SHOOOO!! I’m...I’m...heh-shhhhhh!! Here!” He suddenly appeared from behind a rather large tree, his face was not so flushed. But, he had to lean against the tree for support.

Aragorn told the others to stay back as he slowly approached the Elf, even in a weakened state Elves could defend themselves. “Legolas, it’s me Aragorn.” He eased.

“Ye...hehhh-shhhhh!! Heh...hehhh...Hehh-Shhhhh!! The...the...hehhh-shhhhh....Hellcat...hehhh-shhhhhhhhhh!!” He could not even talk, he was sneezing so much.

“There’s no Hellcat, we killed it last night, let us take you back to camp now, alright?”

Legolas nodded and sneezed again. “Hehhhh-Shhhhhhh!!”

Gimli came up with a blanket he’d grabbed. “Here.” Aragorn took it and gently placed it around Legolas’ shoulders.

“Than...hehhh-shhhhhhh!! Hehh...hehhhh...HEH-Shhhhhhhhhh!!” The last sneeze bent the Elf at the waist and he nearly toppled over.

Aragorn caught him and lifted him into his arms. “We need to move, he’s getting worse.” He told them as they got back to camp.

“We’ll ride the rest of the way straight through then.” Faramir said as grabbed the Elf’s clothes.

They all agreed as they packed up camp and were soon on their way again.

But, their luck ran out later on that afternoon...storms began stirring and soon they were all drenched from the pouring rain as the lightning struck all around and the thunder boomed. Even with the conditions as they were, they continued on.

(Con’t to Part 6)

• 2 weeks later...

AWwwwww he's adorable!! And I love how you write the sneezing and build ups :) Very very cute!! I can't wait for the next bit, Thanks for sharing :lol:

AWwwwww he's adorable!! And I love how you write the sneezing and build ups :D Very very cute!! I can't wait for the next bit, Thanks for sharing :clapping:

Hi ,

I am a big Lord Of The Rings fan and I give you an "A" in creative writing. But how long are you going to leave that poor elf out in the rain? Please finish the story ,I am so worried!!!

Have a great day, everybody!!

Mindy

Hi,

Please ,please, please, finish this story. i hate to nag but i really want to see the end. I am so worried!!!!

from Mindy the Lord Of The Rings fanatic!!

Mod Note: Merged posts ~Mute

• 5 weeks later...

Ah, very well...I wasn't sure how anyone liked it, so I was kind of waiting around. I'll be thinking on part 6.

Thanks for the input!!

• 2 years later...

WOW......... :rolleyes::laugh::nohappy: there was a lot of :drool: worthy sneezyness in there!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::twisted: I so hope you continue. I can't believe I didn't find this until now.

Archived