Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneezing from stress?

Guest HermioneE

Guest HermioneE

Hi, folks! I'm a newbie *waves* and also the author of "Frozen Mist", a Sleepy Hollow-based story, on the sneezefic yahoo group (I saw that someone had posted a comment to see if i had written any new chapters & the most recent version of the story is on fanfiction.net under "Hermione Eveningfall". hehe. Anyway, I had a question for you folks.

Is it possible to break into a sneezing fit due to a high stress level? I put that into one of my stories recently and I would assume it's possible (because i know stress can cause your stomach to get all nauseated etc. I'm sure anything is possible, but I wanted to ask your take on it. :-)

Hey HermionE-

Welcome here (even though I know you've been active on yahoo for awhile :().

I've never exactly heard of sneezing from stress per se, but I do know that stress and the like can make allergies worse (read that in a textbook somewhere...guess this education is good for something), so it's entirely possible.

I don't have very sneezy allergies or anything, so I'm not a good test subject on that, but I know that for me, stress will make my arms break out in some weird annoying rash. So for someone who is an extremely sneezy person, I could certainly see where stress would increase that.

Hope that helps :)

Brigid

I've researched this, and it is possible to sneeze from stress. Here's some information that I found while researching my bf's recent and frequent sneezing fits. He has history with allergies. But he has been under a considerable amount of stress lately. Vasomotor Rhinitis is attributed to people who normally do not have rhinitis associated with allergies.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Triggers of Vasomotor Rhinitis

Many cases are associated with a specific agent or condition. Examples of such agents/conditions are:

• Changes in temperature or barometric pressure, turbulent air

• Perfumes, strong cooking odours, smoke

• Inorganic dust (which is separate from house dust mite), air pollution

• Spicy foods, alcohol

• Some medications, like some blood pressure tablets

• Sexual arousal

• Stress (emotional or physical).

http://www.allergyclinic.co.nz/guides/50.html

http://www.allergy.org.nz/about+allergies/...to+alcohol.html

Pretty much anything would probably make at least someone sneeze so I guess its possible though probably not that common as I've never heard of it happening before. But some people sneeze from the sun and some people sneeze from eating too much, so anything's possible. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I don't sneeze from stress, but I find that when I do get stressed out, I imagine that I'm sneezing violently in long fits (which I never have)!! It's pretty wild, and I have no clue why it happens...maybe thinking about it calms me down?

Archived