Sneeze Fetish Forum

Strange question

Coffee Mug

I have noticed that when some people eat their nose gets runny. Why is this? ;)

This always happens to my bf (and another friend of mine), when he eats he's nose gets all runny and he gets all sniffly for the whole meal and he often twists and wrinkles his nose, I think he's not even aware of this behaviour. He then has to blow his nose, maybe sometimes interrupting his meal but more often at the end of it.

Well I find this is a curious thing and it gets me all fuzzy also :unsure: I love it!

What do you all think?

Is the runny nose associated with a certain kind of food? And I don't mean spicy food, since I think it's fairly common to have one's nose run after easting spicy/hot peppery foods. I have noticed that my nose will run occasionally when I'm eating hot foods, especially soup, and that certain high-fat foods make me (ahem) phlegmy and prone to a chesty cough (but not a runny nose). As far as "cause," I'm inclined to say vasomotor rhinitis. Interesting scholarly/physician-written article here: http://www.aafp.org/afp/20050915/1057.html

Thanks for the link you gave me ;)

No what I meant is that every time he eats his nose is running, it could be pizza, potatoes, rice, pasta... every thing and every time. That's why I found it curious and was wondering if somebody else had also this runny nose thing :unsure:

This is called "gustatory rhinitis" and no one is quite sure what causes it. If you type that term, in quotes, into Google, there are hundreds of references.

Is the runny nose associated with a certain kind of food? And I don't mean spicy food, since I think it's fairly common to have one's nose run after easting spicy/hot peppery foods. I have noticed that my nose will run occasionally when I'm eating hot foods, especially soup, and that certain high-fat foods make me (ahem) phlegmy and prone to a chesty cough (but not a runny nose). As far as "cause," I'm inclined to say vasomotor rhinitis. Interesting scholarly/physician-written article here: http://www.aafp.org/afp/20050915/1057.html

The spicy assumption makes more sense than anything, if that what the person is eating of course. I think it could be some kind of food allergy if it isn't anything else.

Archived