Sneeze Fetish Forum

''One day, one room''

evelyn

Hi there!

I decided to write this before updating my other story. A request is a request . :omg:

I hope it is something like what you expected Glowie! :cheers:

Title: "One day, one room"

Fandom: House MD

Characters: Chase, House

Disclaimer: I don't own them! ...I just wish...

Summary: angst, rain, talk and sneezes... :yes:!!!It's easier to understand if you've seen the actual episode 'One day, one room' -season3-!!!Warning: English is not my mother tongue, if it counts as one. So please let me know if something is incorrect. I hope it's OK, though. Otherwise, nothing. :cheers:

Early in the morning House was walking through the park, a small detour on his way to work, just to clear his head, find the answer he failed to detect, pondering on the raped girl, on himslef, on his father. The weather was beautiful yesterday, the sun shining warmly, but today it was raining, the air soggy and cold, depressing, the kind of weather he liked. Those happy idiots were not running around at least, the park was almost entirely empty, he had space to think...alone...exactly what he liked. Dark weather, bright spirit...the Housean philosophy, the way he worked: the other way around. In everything and in all circumstances. He pulled the hood of his black mac to cover his face and breathed in that typical smell of rain soaked asphalt with that of the early morning chill. He looked towards the small lake when he knew he reached the spot where his favourite bench is supposed to stand, yeah, he had such as a favourite bench, his headquarters from where he watched people passing by...and it was occupied...he stopped to have a look at the intruder. Black leather jacket, jeans, wet blond hair, pouty expression...damn, it was Chase.

''You!?...what the heck are you doing here?''

Chase turned towards him, looking in his eyes hopefully, with a hardly visible smile on his face.

''I want to talk to you...''

He must have been waiting for him. House was amazed. When did he found out about his secret route to work?

''About what?''

Chase took a couple of seconds to respond.

''I don't know...''

That odd smile was still there...

''OH, don't you dare imitate her!''

''I'm not.''

''Then what do you want?''

''To talk...''

''About what? The weather?''

''Anything...''

House shook his head to get this straight, he wanted to make sure he was not hallucinating.

''You've been sitting here in the rain, you're soaked and you want to talk about...the weather?...''

''It worked for her.''

''No. It didn't.''

''What did you tell her?''

''Nothing.''

''She felt relieved, there must have been something she got you to tell.''

''I lied. What does it matter?''

''No you didn't...it helped her...it must have been true.''

''NO. I DIDN'T!''

''Seriously?''

''No, you idiot!''

''You never talk to me about anything...you never care...what did she do to make you listen?''

''Have you been raped?''

''God no.''

''That's exactly why we have nothing to talk about.''

''But I want to.''

House laughed.

''Fine. Talk. We have time, gonna wait for you to catch a proper cold before actually going to work, don't worry.''

''It's not that...''

He shivered and pulled a journal out from the shield of his jacket and handed it over to House, it was half ruined by the rain anyway. House could hardly see the writing as small droplets of water ware falling on the page. The article, where the paper was doubled up, was written by Rowan Chase. Something like the short story of his career, details about his illness, his last findings in a brief summary, long 'thank you'-s adressed to friends and colleagues, like short dedications...it was the preface to his last book published, he figured, written not long before he died. Chase cleared his throat.

''He does not mention me with a word, like I never existed...like he's never been married before my stepmom...he does mention her though...me, not. When he was here he said he missed me. Everybody lies.''

House saw a few tears in his eyes, though they could have been easily mistaken with a few droplets of rain.

''That's it?''

''Read the last paragraph.'' said Chase bitterly.

House did:

'My years spent before we met were full of mistakes, wasted time only, hence I'd like to dedicate this work to you Jenet Larson Chase...'

''Not my mother.''

Chase scoffed; House just stared; and the rain was falling in slow motion.

''So I'm a mistake...-he took a deep breath- What did you tell her?...Please tell me too...''

It sounded like a plead.

''Why do you think it'd make you feel better?''

''I don't know.''

''You said I'm the last person she should talk to...what changed?''

''Nothing. I lied.''

''Why?''

''Because I...Heimpchoo..Hegh-Choo..Chumpt..''

He pulled his right hand before his nose and mouth. House shook his head.

''Now here we go...don't stand up...just sit there for a bit longer and it'll be perfect...'' But Chase continued.

''Because I wanted to be in her place...''

House's mouth dropped open.

''Why?''

''Because you cared...''

''There's nothing I can tell you Chase, there's no answer...''

''You said that...''

''You were right...there's no right answer since there's no wrong answer...he was simply a jerk. Like a fact. Accept it.''

''Would you?''

''Is there another option?''

''Did your father accept you?''

''No.''

''Why?''

''He believes I was wrong.''

''In what?''

''Doesn't matter. I'd never really been the one he wanted. And I'm not about to change that, since I'm not about to change myself.''

''Did you forgive him?''

''Not really. ''

That was it. Chase looked somehow relieved, though he didn't know why, and finally stood up. Damn, he found the 'answer' again. Bull's eye!

''Thank you.''

Chase said pulling his thin leather jacket tighter around his body, shivering. He was completely soaked through. House took the ruined journal and threw it into the lake.

''Greenpeace likes finding treasures.''

Chase laughed quietly and kept going after House. He felt like freezing the whole time, sniffling loudly, trying to fight back the tickle in his nose. They were aproaching the hospital entrance, when he couldn't hold the sneezes back any longer.

''Achoo..Hegh-Uschoo..Choo.HehChumpt...'' they bent him over.

House looked over at him.

''Get changed...you have 15 minutes.''

Chase was a bit late, but he managed to change into some dry clothes and his labcoat, his hair done, only his cheeks and nose were slightly pinkening as telling signs of his early morning chat. However, there was nobody in the office except for House.

''Where're Caberon and Fob'an?'' damn, his voice was already congested.

''Cameron's doing my clinic, Foreman stepped down with his white chick girlfriend I guess...no case...it's a loose day. I like it!''

Chase blinked a few times before sitting down. Immediately he felt another sneezing fit coming and he buried his nose in a tissue.

''HeUschoo..he-he Eeeschoo...Hegh-Echoo..Ishoo..he-heee-HeChumpt.Chumpt..HeChumpt...'' he managed to stifle the last three.

''Bless.''

He heared House saying as he put a streaming red mug before him on the table. Much to his surprise, it wasn't coffee...it was...lemon flavoured cold medicine dissolved in hot water.

''Thaa..ah..thaa..Achoo.Heimptchoo..thanks.''

''One day, one room...''

House offered with a wide grin before leaving to annoy Wilson for the rest of the day.

Chase only saw House's silhouette through his watery eyes, but nodded anyway, after a long sip from the warm drink, feeling a chill running down his spine. He blew his nose a few times, drinking what remained, not really getting what House ment with that pun about 'rooms'... Then he tried to curl into himself in the big musterd-yellow armchair in front of House's desk as much as possible, and soon he drifted off to sleep.

When House returned an hour later, he found his duckling with a cute pink nose, messy blond hair, lips a wee bit open, fast asleep in his office. It was still raining outside, and instead of waking Chase, he layed his labcoat he never used over the sleeping form as a blanket murmuring sarcastically: "Just...keep him asleep..." He was right, that solves everything...

-I hope you liked it! :laugh: -

*sighs blissfully*

You are my new hero, you know that? :twisted:

Thanks so much, it's perfect. :)

Can't write any more praise at the mo since I'm on the work computer and don't want anyone to walk in on me, but just wanted to let you know I've read it and adored it!

Thanks again. xxxx

Archived