Sneeze Fetish Forum

New Development

aggedy_ann

Title: New Development

Pairing: Wilson/Abbie (OC)

Fandom: House MD

Disclaimer: I could only dream of owning Wilson...Abbie belongs to tma and I, though tongue.gif

Summary: On his second spring in New Jersey (at PPTH), Wilson has a new development. (Vague, of course, I hate writing summaries)

Dedicated to tma since, well, I can.

A/N: since life is crazy for a bit, I figured I post part 1 now and the rest when I get to it.

I rubbed my nose and eyes for what seemed like the millionth time. Thankful for the fact that Abbie’s allergies were in full bloom, and there were tissue boxes everywhere, I reached over to snag one to blow my nose. I had been slightly congested all day. Usually if I woke up stuffy, once I blew my nose, it cleared up, but today had been different. Looking back, I’d been a little more stuffed up the last couple days. But if this was a cold, it wasn’t progressing into one. And I couldn’t remember ever having itchy eyes with a cold.

I was about to blow my nose when the persistent tickle I had been dealing with all day blossomed again. “Heh-Chuhshhh, ehh-chhmmpt…hehh…rihCHushh.” I had attempted to stifle the last one, but it had gotten away from me. They’d been doing that today when I sneezed, sneaking up on me, and then getting away from me. And for a cold, well, this certainly wasn’t typical of me. I usually sneezed in two sets of doubles with a cold, and today, they’d been mainly triples or the occasional single.

I finished blowing my nose and looked up to see Abbie coming into the room. “Bless you.” She said, crossing over to me. “I’ve been hearing a lot of those today.” She commented, resting the back of her hand on my forehead.

I could hear the light tinge of congestion in her voice from her allergies as she spoke and checked me for fever. “I don’t feel sick, Abs.” I pointed out, noticing a thicker coloring of congestion in my voice. I sniffled and rubbed my nose with the tissue, trying to alleviate the general itchiness. “I don’t know what’s wrong.” I paused and sighed. “I kinda feel the way I did when we had Sammy.”

I watched as Abbie frowned curiously. “I haven’t even been around a cat in weeks. And I don’t think you have either.”

I shook my head as I could feel my eyelashes start to flutter as the urge to sneeze intensified again. Realizing I didn’t have time to grab a tissue, I spun away from Abbie, muffling a series of rapid, harsh sneezes into my elbow. I turned back to Abbie at the fit’s conclusion, gratefully taking the tissues she pressed into my hand along with another blessing.

I excused myself to the bathroom, needing to take my contacts out as my eyes hand continued to itch. I hoped it would clear up after I took my contacts out; I’d been unconsciously rubbing them the last few days, and I would hate to have spread pink eye on to any of my patients. After removing my contacts, I critically assessed myself in the mirror. Fortunately, I didn’t notice any drainage or discharge indicating pink eye; my eyes were just irritated. However, it struck me as I glanced in the mirror that with my red rimmed eyes and pink tipped nose, I looked like the recent influx of patients we’d been seeing in the clinic for seasonal allergies. But that wasn’t possible…aside from cats, I didn’t have any allergies.

I exited the bathroom and settled on the couch next to Abbie, who was waiting to start our traditional Saturday night movie. “What did you pick?” I asked, as she settled sideways on the couch, leaning against me as I wrapped my arms around her, cuddling her to my chest.

“Brigadoon.” She responded, ignoring the fact that I rolled my eyes over the fact that it was a love story. I didn’t mind the musical aspect, but every chance Abbie got, she picked out romances. Although she claimed that it was fitting for a movie night with one you loved to pick out a love story. And even though I gave her crap about it every time, I honestly didn’t mind.

She picked up the remote and hit play as I tried to sniffle as quietly as possible. Hopefully, I’d be able to ignore my symptoms and just enjoy cuddling with my wife. Glancing down at her, I noticed she looked tired; her allergies typically took a lot out of her, and so she was content just to stay snuggled in my arms. “How are you feeling today, hon?” I asked her gently.

“I’m okay.” She murmured. “Mostly just tired.” I heard her sigh softly, and I ran my fingers through her hair, trying to ignore the fact that the itch in my nose was intensifying. I had been distracted by the trying to fight back the tickle in my nose since she had already commented on the amount of sneezing I had been doing that I didn’t notice Abbie lean forward, out of my arms.

“Hihh-chushh, huh-schoo, huptchoo.”

At least not until she sneezed. I knew I couldn’t fault her for that; her allergies were awful, but it was the last thing I needed to hear right now. The tickle in my nose flared to unbearable proportions, barely giving me time to clap my hands over my mouth and nose.

“HuhhReiitchh, Reiitchuhh, ihhhtchushh, hihhtshcuhhh.” I felt Abbie move off of me as the fit pitched me forward. Just over a dozen sneezes later, I was done and gratefully accepted the tissues Abbie pressed into my hands. “I’b sorry.” I snuffled, blowing my nose. “Excuse be.” I blew my nose a few more times in hopes that that would clear it out before sniffing experimentally. I could breath, but the tickle hadn’t disappeared yet. It had just receded back to the annoying, constantly feel as though I have to sneeze, yet not bad enough to sneeze stage.

I looked at Abbie, feeling a blush begin to color my face as I tried to read her expression, a combination of worry, knowledge and amusement. Confused, I watched her get up from the couch and leave the room. My questions were resolved a few minutes later when she came back with a glass of water and a familiar packet of pink pills.

She settled back down next to me, handing me the water which I gratefully accepted and the pills which I reluctantly accepted. “What are these for?” I asked, fearing that she knew what I already suspected.

She settled back down next to me, handing me the water which I gratefully accepted and the pills which I reluctantly accepted. “What are these for?” I asked, fearing that she knew what I already suspected.

She fixed her soft blue eyes on me, with almost a piercing intensity. “Sweetie, I’m pretty sure you’re allergic to something.” She said gently.

I shook my head. “Hon, other than cats, I’ve never been allergic to anything in my life. “

“And until last year, you were never allergic to cats either.” She reminded me. “Allergies can develop at any time, remember.”

I sniffled, rubbing my nose. “I’m fine, Abbie. I’m just a little sneezy today.” I insisted, avoiding her gaze. She had her schoolteacher look face on, and there was something about that look that made me feel compelled to be honest.

“Didn’t you say earlier that you felt like you did back when we had Sammy?” She persisted.

I lightly bit my tongue to hold off another sneeze before responding. Not trusting myself to speak without sneezing, I nodded mutely.

“And why did you feel that way when we had Sammy?”

I couldn’t help but feel a bit annoyed that she was questioning me as if I were one of her first graders, but, came the nagging inner voice of mine, I was acting like one. “Because I was allergic to him.” I admitted begrudgingly.

“And if you’re feeling like you did when you were around the cat that it turned out you were allergic to, what do you think it means that if you’re feeling that way now?” She prompted me slowly.

I coughed roughly into my sleeve to clear out my throat and sighed. “That I’m allergic to something.” I sniffled, accepting the tissues she handed me and blowing my nose before swallowing the pills. “What would I be allergic to?” I asked her. “You haven’t changed air fresheners or cleaning solutions or anything lately, have you?”

She shook her head. “You know I don’t like doing that since I already know I’m not allergic to the products we currently use.”

I nodded. Abbie had the worst allergies of any one I knew. And as a result of thought, once she found a product she liked and wasn’t allergic to, she wouldn’t change it. “I’m assuming no new perfume, deodorant, hair products?” I asked as she confirmed that as well. I sighed. “Then what?” I wondered, holding up a hand signaling for her to wait a minute. “Hehh-ihhkshh, ihhhkshhuhh, huhhrushhuhh…ehhh-chhmptt.” Sighing again, I blew my nose, and looked at her.

“It’s probably just hay fever, seasonal pollens and that sort of thing. It should clear up in a couple months.”

“Should?” I asked. I knew Abbie’s allergies were usually a year round thing, with an easing up in the winter months, and I seriously doubted I could stand it like she managed to.

“It depends on what you’re allergic to. You’ll need to see an allergist and get tested to find out if it’s just stuff that’s around in the spring that you’re allergic to. It could be just a few months, it could be until winter.” She explained casually.

I sighed, rubbing my nose with the back of my hand. “I’ll make an appointment with Dr. Baker when I get to work on Monday.” I reluctantly agreed, swallowing the pills with a glass of water.

• 4 months later...
:consoling::drool: :drool: pleeeeeeease forgive me for not seeing this earlier.... absolutely yummy as always!!!!

@ Chui *Sigh* I guess I'll forgive you...ya know what with the worshipping and all...now if only I could get the muses to stop hijacking my brain so that I could sit down and focus on one thing...it's like I sit down to start something and then this muse or that muse persists in distracting me. Although it's been really yummy, so I don't mind too terribly much...I just need time to sit down and transcribe it all ;)

Clearly, I work too much ;);)

*yay...i've been forgiven!!!* :(

i totally understand... the more hotties in your head the less seems to make it out!!

How in all that's holy did I miss this the first time 'round?! Well, never mind. Brigid, so wonderful as always! I really hope we eventually get to see more. :-)

Abyssinia,

Me

Archived