Sneeze Fetish Forum

The "Allergic Salute" Nose Crease?

Dusty15

I've always notice that a friend of mine has a very distinct line across the bridge of her nose. One day I asked her about it and she said it's from when she was a kid and she wiped her nose so much from allergies. I looked it up online and apparently it's caused by what is referred to as the "allergic salute"...basically it's this motion:

11lobbo.jpg

The crease is referred to medically as a "transversal nasal crease". I zoomed in on a picture of my friend to show you:

x1eo0l.jpgfmjcib.jpg

Apparently it's an easy way to spot someone who suffers from allergies! Neat, huh?

That's very cool. I get that crease. Especially when I have a cold. And when I did temporarily suffer from mild seasonal allergies and my nose was just constantly running, I did that salute quite allot. Nice pics. :wacko:

cool.....i didn't know you could get a crease from that.....

what a wonderful way to salute.....i shall have to try it sometime.....

Eson, I don't know if that's a male or female. I think it's a male. Found it in a search for the term.

Nah, it doesn't hurt. Just push up on the tip of your nose! It actually helps to clear a runny nose stream away from the nostrils and helps relieve congestion because it pushes up on your sinuses, opening them a bit. That's why it's a common reaction especially by kids trying to deal with allergies.

It depends on your septum /nasal bone. If you.ve got a squidgy little nose as indicated you can do it as much as you like and it won't hurt and will only have the effect illustrated; it you have a pointy nose or ski-jump style your septum is more prominent and well, you can't do it, or it will hurt, or the effect of the allergic salute will be to divert your septum and nose slightly to the side; depending on which hand you do it with.

Yes, I have seen this happen to people over the years.

it you have a pointy nose or ski-jump style

That's me. For me it would hurt. :innocent: But I know two people who've done it in the past. One used to suck her thumb and push up her nose with her index finger. As a result her nose now has a permanent upward bend. :D

Archived