Sneeze Fetish Forum

Without You, I'll Be Miserable at Best (Male, cold) - (2 Parts)

Jazz

Just so you know, it's my first sneezefic. This is only part one, and you don't have to like the band to understand it. I've even got pictures so you can visualize their two adorable faces.

Without You, I'll Be Miserable at Best

thgerraddd.png Gerard. frankicon2.jpg Frank.

An hour ago was when I first sat on the bed waiting to have some sort of musical epiphany, practicing for our next album, the one we’re supposed to be recording soon. I had all the lights off in the house, just the way I liked it. An orangey glow was peaking in through the opened blinds of my bedroom, sending lines cascading across my guitar and the charcoal sheets.

The apartment smelled good too, like a mixture of coffee and cigarettes. That smell comforts me for some reason. Maybe it’s because they’re both things that I love with all of my heart. Coffee and cigarettes because they soothe the soul. Coffee and cigarettes because I needed something to comfort me when I knew for a fact I’d be alone for the holidays.

Not missed in a way that would make my family want me to come back to visit, I stayed at home to try to work on some new compositions. It was more of me missing their presence because they were my family rather than the other way around, the people I used to spend the holidays with. My celebration now consisted of loneliness drowned out by acoustic guitar strums.

Stay Awake- that was the song Gerard had approached me with before we went home for Christmas. I couldn’t deny it, the man was genius. After what the fans thought was a fallout with The Black Parade, he bounced right back. That was the song sitting in front of me, the tiny dots of ink like birds in a cage resting on the crisp white sheet, as my fingers moved to keep pace with the tempo set in my head.

Already I could hear his voice singing the words, they sounded beautiful with raspy tones from nicotine-laced lungs. If it had honestly been up to me, we wouldn’t have taken off tour for the holidays. Bob really wanted to go back to Chicago to visit his family, though, and all the guys insisted they needed a break, so my opinion wasn’t very well received.

Of course, none of the guys knew I’d be spending my vacation from tour alone and working myself late into the night to get something done. How could they have? The soft ring of my phone broke my attention away from the precious strings and I carefully laid my guitar down on my bed, hopping off the side and letting my sock-clad feet pull me in the direction of the sound.

“Hello?” I spoke into the receiver, cursing my stupid phone for being so obsolete and not having caller ID. There was a little bit of mumbling on the other line and an extremely loud sniffle in my ear before someone actually talked.

“Hey, Frankie-boy, how’s the vacation life treating you?” said an ever-so familiar, raspy voice. I knew it immediately to be Gerard and I couldn’t help but smile at hearing his voice. “ahhhh…ahhCHishhh!” He sneezed loudly, and I winced, pulling the phone away from my ear slightly. “Sorry.”

“Nah, ‘s’okay. Bless you.” He muttered quiet thanks. “Anyway, it’s pretty boring-“

heh'Ihhshhh! eh'Hishhhh” He sniffled wetly and apologized yet again.

“Catch a bug, Gee?” I asked curiously, hearing a muffled cough.

“I think it’s just something in the air, mom’s cooking so that’s probably it,” he mused. “At any rate, I called to tell you it’s official that I’m bored out of my wits. So, I was wondering if I could come see you since I’ve been stuck with my family all week. I mean, if you have plans elsewhere, I don’t have to…” He trailed off.

“O’ course you can come over here, I haven’t done anything all week. It’s been a while since I saw you last, anyway.”

“Grea- …ehh-heh...heh'Ihhshhh Great. I’ll be there in a bit.” He hung up quickly, and I set my phone back down on the charger. Pulling off the shirt I’d worn almost three days straight, I found something moderately clean to change into.

I climbed back up onto the bed, picking up the guitar and strumming a few odd chords as I waited for him to arrive. If he is getting sick, poor guy. My head rested up against my headboard and my eyes lazily started to close. The soft patter of snow against my window was calming.

My fingers roamed across my bedside table until they located the iHome, pressing play and letting the soft hum of Miserable at Best by Mayday Parade filled the room.

Let’s not pretend like you’re alone tonight,

I know he’s there and

You’re probably hanging out and making nice

While across the room, he stares.

Eventually, the song settled me into a light slumber. Three sharp knocks on the door woke me up and I glanced at the clock. 9:25 p.m. So I’d slept about an hour. I got up and shuffled slowly to the door.

Cracking it open, I was greeted with a freezing-looking Gerard with icy flakes of snow lacing his raven hair. He probably didn’t hear me open the door as he was lost in a sneezing fit, his nose buried into the elbow of his jacket. His other hand clutched a tissue that looked like it’d reached the end of its life, crumpled and wet.

"heh'Ihshh! Ehshhh! Heh'Epshhh! Ih'Hihshhh!" He paused, starting to blow his nose with the greatly overused tissue, but found more sneezing on top of him already. "heh'Imshh! Hih'Ihhshhh! heh...ehh'Ihshhh! Heh'Ehshhhh!" And when he blew his nose yet again, the sneezing backed down.

“Care to come inside where it’s warm?” I asked and received a grateful nod as he stepped through the door and into my apartment.

zomg.... ;) these guys are so friggin cute!!!!!! *SQUEEEE* i wouldnt mind taking care of Gee myself... ;)

nice spellings too!! cant wait for part 2!!!

Awh... this is really cute! i used to write soooooo much band slash when I was younger, so it's really fun to read some again. Your sneeze spellings are really good too - and I love the whole crumpled tissues thing, it's too adorable!

MCR...yummy!

Yes, Please continue, this is excellent!

I also am a fan of those sneeze spellings^^

and By the way I love that picture of Gerard!

~~~~

• 2 weeks later...

Very very lovely. I love the tenderness between them and the cute little half-denial going on. But Frankie's not buying it, is he? Immediately he's thinking Gee's coming down sick, which he is. Well done! Can't wait for part two!

Without You, I'll Be Miserable at Best

Part Two.

"I think I might be... getting... a li- hih-little cold or... some..." Gerard’s voice raised in pitch and he clamped two new tissues from the box I’d given him over his face. "Ehhh...heh'Ihhshhhh! Hih'Ihshhh!" He blew his nose quietly and balled up the tissues in his fist. "Ug... or something," he finished, sniffling.

After the sneezing fit when he first came in and the phone call earlier, there was no doubt in my mind that he was under the weather. I stood up, tugging on my shirt a little bit and smiling sympathetically at him.

We’d been sitting in here for about half an hour and every time we would start to get into a conversation, a pause halfway through almost every sentence would be necessary so he could cough or blow his nose.

“So you finally admit it?” I smirked. He nodded, looking guilty for trying to hide it.

“I didn’t want to not be able to come over just because you didn’t want to get sick,” he said. “I missed hanging out with you.” I let out a small chuckle, trying to hide the smile on my face.

“So, instead of being honest, you decided to come over here and risk giving me that nasty cold of yours just for the sake of boredom?” He sniffled and looked up at me innocently, his dark hair hanging over his eyes. God, he was adorable. Even with a red nose he still looked cute. In fact, I believe that made it better.

Gerard’s nose twitched slightly and his mouth hung open, eyes closed as he obviously tried to fight another tickle in his nose.

With a deep intake of breath, he burst into another small set of sneezes. "ihhShishh! Hih'Ihhhshh! Heh...ihhShhhh!" He rubbed his nose miserably, coughing a bit. “ ‘Scuse me,” he mumbled shyly. “I’ll leave if you want.”

“Now did I ever say that?” I inquired. Quite truthfully, I had no intentions of letting him leave my house tonight. It was very rarely that this man got sick- even with rigorous hours of work in the studio and on stage- so I had to tae advantage of what I could get. And this, oh this had fallen right into my lap and in no way was I about to let that opportunity go by.

He sniffed hard and shook his head. Whatever was left of the warm orange of the sunset had just recently faded behind the trees and my opened windows revealed a milky white crescent moon and a star-dappled sky.

“And besides,” I said matter-of-factly, “you just so happen to look like Hell warmed over. I couldn’t make you go back outside like that. I really think,” I walked closer to him, placing the back of my hand on his forehead gently, “you might have a fever too. You’ve looked flushed ever since you got here.”

“It’s the cold wind outside that made my cheeks red.” He muttered embarrassedly, pushing my hand away. “I’m really fine, ok—“ he paused, coughing sharply “—okay?”

“Whatever you say, Gee. Whatever you say. Well, I’m bored and it’s getting really cold in here, don’t you think?” A quick shake of the head was enough for me to know he was lying, I could see him shivering. Personally, I think it’s adorable how he’s pretending like he’s not sick, that he’s a big boy who doesn’t need any help. “You sure? ‘Cause I was going to get some hot coffee from the kitchen, but if you don’t want any…”

“That actually sounds really good.”

Smiling inwardly, I made my way into the kitchen and retrieved two mugs from the cabinet. Making coffee for the both of us had long since become regular routine for me; we rarely ever stopped for something like Starbucks on the bus so I learned to fix it just how he liked it. Of course, I tried to make everything just how he liked it. Maybe then he might like me.

“You hungry at all, Gee?” I called into the living room. A muffled response came from that general direction and I took it to be a yes. Whether he was or not, I’m making him something. Flinging open a few cabinet doors, I fished around until I found what I needed.

“Carrots…granola bars, no…ah! Soup.” I plucked the box from a back shelf and looked at the directions. It was simple enough, instant chicken noodle soup. Pouring some water in a pot and placing it on the burner, I leaned back against the counter.

Ihh..ihhk’schh! hih’NGxsst!

I made a mental note to get the thermometer out of the bathroom before going back into the living room, and maybe even some Nyquil if I had it. As much as I used to hate getting sick when I was little, who would have thought something like this would’ve grown out of it?

Constantly having mono or a cold always kept me down and I swore that my stupid immune system would make me hate being around everyone that was sick, you’d think I’d be a hypochondriac and a germaphobe. Nope. Rather, I got landed with a certain fetish for sickness. Except, more specifically, sneezing. And Gerard just had the most perfect sneezes ever, and everything about them made me want more. Jesus, what would he think of me if he knew that? I shuddered at the thought.

The pot beside me was near boiling over, so I pulled it off the burner, fixing the soup in a bowl and letting it cool as I went into my bathroom to get a thermometer and (as luck would have it!) a bottle of Nyquil. Placing everything, coffee included, on a tray, I walked back into the living room.

Gerard was curled up in a ball on one side of the couch, half-squishing the tissue box that lay beside him for easy access. I couldn’t help but smile at the site of it.

ehh…eh’KSHhh! Heh….hih- ihh’ksh!” He sniffled miserably. With a lazy flick of the wrist, he landed yet another tissue in the waste basket beside the couch. Upon seeing me enter the room, he sniffled and cleared his throat to make his voice a little less congested.

“Bless you, Gee.” I said, setting the tray down on the table in front of him.

“I really hoped you hadn’t heard that.” He mumbled bashfully.

So, I apologize for taking so long. I've been distracted.

I promise I'll have part 3 up quicker...that is, if anyone wants it.

“So, instead of being honest, you decided to come over here and risk giving me that nasty cold of yours just for the sake of boredom?” He sniffled and looked up at me innocently, his dark hair hanging over his eyes. God, he was adorable. Even with a red nose he still looked cute. In fact, I believe that made it better.

OHMYFRIGGINGOSHYOUROCKTHISISAMAZINGSQUEEEEEEEE

*AHEM*

i mean...

FLAILY WAZA!!!!

this is just waaaaaaaaaaay too cute!!! like...yummy!!!! :yes:

:twisted:ohimagobyebyenowbeforeiscaresomeone :lol:

oh yeah....and i definately cant wait for part 3.....

• 2 months later...

YAY!! You... You wrote...My Chemical Romance.... :clapping::cryhappy:

D'awww.... Gerard is so CUTE!! :laugh:

Part 3? Please? *puppy eyes*

• 5 weeks later...

I know this is kind of reviving an old thread...

but this story is just too dang adorable. I'm slowly becoming more obesessed with MCR...

I wasn't really a fan before, but I am now. :bleh:

Gerard is way adorable. Yes yes. :wub:

Chapter 3 please???

Archived