Sneeze Fetish Forum

Mission: Take Care Of Kakashi - (3 Parts)

kestrel

Hello! :unsure:

I posted this on the other forum, and since I don't have time to write up a new chapter yet (damned homework! :laugh: ) I thought I'd keep myself interested by posting it here. I'll post the next chapter a bit later.

Basically, just Kakashi with a cold, and Team 7 (especially Naruto) trying to be helpful. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, I don't own Naruto. If I did, it'd be full of Kakashi wrongness.

Chapter One

Kakashi Hatake was late. Again. He was aware of this, as always. His team would no doubt be furious. Again. He was also aware of this, as always. However, for once, Kakashi’s mind was not focused on thinking up another pitiful excuse. No, there was a more irritating problem on his mind this morning (Afternoon, he realised, checking the clock. Well, they would be furious. He was meant to meet them at half past eight).

“Het-choo! He-tshoo! Ehh…Heh…Heh-Etchoo!”

Feeling oddly drained, the silver-haired jounin forced himself to get up from where he had been sitting on the edge of his bed, something he had been willing himself to do for at least twenty minutes now. Just as he finally made it to his feet, the tickle that he had only just banished from his nose returned with a vengeance.

“HETCHOO!” The force of the sneeze made Kakashi sit right back down again, sniffling pathetically. He needed desperately to blow his nose, but the tissues were in the bathroom, and getting up seemed like such an effort, especially after his last failed attempt.

Reluctantly, Kakashi admitted to himself what he had been denying ever since he woke up. He was ill. He’d felt the beginnings of a cold days ago. The odd sneeze or two, an itchy throat, and a slight feeling of stuffiness in his nose. He’d known then that he should have taken it easy. But instead, he had continued with his team’s training, as always, even though it meant walking to and from the training grounds in freezing rain. And of course, he was paying for it now. His head throbbed mercilessly, his throat was raw from frequent coughing fits, he was no longer capable of breathing through his nose, and had been sneezing the entire morning.

Finally admitting defeat, he crawled back under the covers, stifling a wet “Heksh!” in his pyjama sleeve. He’d get up in just a minute, he decided. He’d make a quick trip to tell Team 7 that their training was called off for the day, then come straight back home to his warm, wonderful bed and sleep until this damn bug had finished tormenting him. A fantastic plan, which he would put into action in just a minute.

Just one minute…

It was a sign of how truly terrible Kakashi was feeling that the telltale clicks of a lock being picked didn’t register in his aching brain. The creak of his door being opened, too, went unnoticed. It was only when the ear-splitting, irritating voice of Naruto Uzumaki shrieked out “KAKASHI SENSEI! ARE YOU HOME?” that he returned to something vaguely resembling consciousness.

Judging by the pattering of three sets of feet in his kitchen, and the familiar voices drifting through the apartment, Team 7 had finally gotten tired of waiting for their Sensei and decided to be proactive and look for him. Kakashi stifled a particularly wet sneeze and groaned. They couldn’t have picked a worse time. In addition to his former symptoms, he now strongly suspected that he was running a fever. His face felt flushed, and his pillow was damp with sweat, but despite the blankets pulled over him, he shivered uncontrollably.

As the footsteps drew closer to his room, Kakashi remembered something highly important. His mask! He had left it off before due to his frequent sneezing, as a soaking wet mask was not exactly comfortable to wear. With his team here, however, a wet mask was better than none at all. Sitting up hastily, he grabbed the crumpled fabric from his bedside table. As he was pulling it on, however, the sudden rush of cold air against his body sent him into another sneezing fit.

“Heh-shoo! Het-choo! Heh-tchoo! He’ksh! H’ksh! Heh-tch!” He hastily stifled the last three as he pulled the mask over his nose and mouth, wincing as the fabric caught on his chapped lips and rubbed at his raw, red nose. He was just in time. The door opened, and a very familiar blonde dressed in bright orange stepped in. Naruto was closely followed by pink-haired Sakura and gloomy Sasuke. All three, even Sasuke, who rarely showed any emotion at all, looked horrified at their Sensei’s condition.

“Hey Sensei! You look lousy!” Naruto still hadn’t turned the volume down, and Kakashi winced.

“Naruto!” Sakura snapped. “Don’t shout; he’s sick!” Then, turning to Kakashi, she said, “I guess you had a real excuse for being late this time! How do you feel? Is there anything we can do?”

“You could have told us you weren’t coming.” Sasuke remarked, reverting back to his usual indifference.

“I apologise.” Kakashi croaked, sniffling as discreetly as possible. “I meant to come and tell you…” He glanced at the clock. It was now four in the afternoon. Oops.

“That’s alright, Sensei; you’re not well.” Sakura responded, concerned.

“Hey, is there anything we can do?” Naruto asked, evidently worried by Kakashi’s obvious illness. “You look like you’re really sick; should we call a doctor?”

“There’s no need.” Kakashi responded, now slightly embarrassed by his team seeing this obvious weakness. “You may all have the day off.”

“What’s left of it.” Sasuke muttered. Kakashi ignored him.

“And thanks for your concern. I truly appreciate it.” He gave them a weary, but genuine smile, expecting them to leave, grumbling about their wasted day. Instead, Sakura stepped forward and placed a hand on his forehead.

“Kakashi Sensei! You’re burning up! Someone should stay and look after you, at least until your fever breaks. I can do it, I’m not busy.”

“No, let me! I can handle it, believe it!” Naruto added, enthusiastically. Kakashi’s protests were cut off by Sasuke giving a snort of contempt.

“With you here, he’d be better off alone!”

“Oh, fine then! We’ll all stay.” Sakura said, cutting off Naruto’s furious retort.

“Alright, then!” Naruto cried. “No need to worry, Sensei! You’re in good hands!”

Kakashi groaned and slumped back onto his pillows. Being ill was bad enough without Naruto and Co. playing nurse. He sighed as the three headed for the kitchen, arguing over what kind of treatment would be best. This was going to be an interesting day.

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

:drool::notworthy::drool::notworthy::drool::notworthy::drool::notworthy::drool::notworthy::drool::notworthy::drool::notworthy:

omg...this is just great!!!

:inlove::wub::inlove:

:laugh::unsure: poor, poor Kakashi-Sensei!!!!! i do hope that you post more (as soon as that dratted homework is gone and done, of course) *flails over Kakasi again!*

:sillybounce:

kaze desu ka....

Thanks to everyone who commented! :laugh: I'll try to have part three done by tonight. It should only take me an hour or so (I seriously need to get a life, I know). In the meantime, here's part two. Enjoy!

Chapter Two

“So, what exactly are we meant to be doing?” Sasuke asked as the three headed for the rather small, bare kitchen. Evidently the raven-haired youth didn’t have much of a caring instinct.

“Well, I guess we start by making him some tea. That’s supposed to be good for colds.” Sakura responded. “Maybe something to eat, too. He looks like he’s slept all day, so I’m guessing he hasn’t eaten.”

“Ramen?” Naruto suggested eagerly. Sakura sighed.

“No, Naruto. No ramen. Soup would probably be best.”

“Ramen’s got broth in it! That counts as soup!”

“Idiot. She said no ramen.” Sasuke put in. Sakura, meanwhile, was checking the cupboards, a frown on her face. She moved on to the fridge. Her frown deepened. So far, it seemed that Kakashi’s kitchen contained nothing more than a few dusty tins with no labels, a bunch of wilted spinach, a carrot that had seen better days and a carton of milk.

“Ok, so apparently there’s no food. Hey Naruto,” Sakura broke off, considering the wisdom of sending Naruto shopping. As much as she would prefer Sasuke’s company, he was probably more likely to get the job done. “Actually, Sasuke, would you mind going into town to buy some soup? Please? Tinned stuff will do. Chicken, preferably. That’s good for colds.”

Sasuke nodded silently and made for the door, leaving Sakura alone with Naruto in the kitchen. He seemed a good deal more pleased than she did.

“Hey Sakura? Can I help with anything?”

“Ah… Yeah, sure. Go and ask Kakashi Sensei if he has any tea. I can’t find anything in here.”

Naruto returned to his Sensei’s room to find the silver haired man sitting up in bed, frowning slightly.

“Hey Sensei! Sakura wants to know… Hey, what’s wrong?”

Kakashi barely even heard him. He was more focused on the maddening tickle building up in the back of his nose. He sniffled and rubbed his nose, but the maddening sensation wouldn’t die down, like a tiny feather tickling the most sensitive part of his nose. He desperately needed a tissue, or his mask was about to get soaked.

“Naruto,” He managed to gasp as his breath began to hitch. “Heh… Tissues… Ehh…Quick!”

“Tissues? Sure, ok.” The blonde ninja looked around the room. “Hey Sensei? Where…”

“Bathroom!” Kakashi pinched his nose shut, stifling a sneeze that he knew would return seconds later, even worse than before. His mismatched eyes began to fill with tears of irritation.

“Bathroom? What’re they doing in there?” Naruto asked, maddeningly slowly. “I mean, don’t you kinda need them in here?”

“Heh… Ehh… Hurry!” Kakashi moaned, beginning a strong build-up, the tickle driving him mad. Naruto hurried to the bathroom, and returned with a tissue box, which he held out to Kakashi. Kakashi snatched up a handful, and in a movement to quick for the eye to follow, whipped down his mask and covered his nose and mouth with the tissues, allowing Naruto no chance to see his face.

“Hekshoo! Heh-choo! Eh-shoo!” Kakashi managed to take a shaky breath before recommencing the fit. “Heh-Echoo! Echoo! Eh-tshoo! Hetshoo! Ugh…” He gave his tormented nose several good, sound blows before replacing his mask. Naruto, instead of looking away politely, kept his eyes fixed firmly on Kakashi, hoping for a glimpse of his enigmatic face. As usual, he was thwarted. Even whilst sick as a dog, Kakashi was still as quick as ever. Replacing his mask, he gave Naruto an enquiring look.

“Oh, uh… Bless you!” Naruto offered belatedly. Then, remembering what he had come in for, he asked, “Kakashi Sensei? Sakura wants to know if you have any tea.”

“Cupboard to the left, right at the back.” Kakashi croaked, blushing slightly as he realised how congested his voice sounded. Speaking was a bad idea. It aggravated his stinging throat, and he coughed. Lightly at first, but then with increasing severity, until he began to panic slightly as he became more and more breathless. Sakura, who had found the tea on her own, came in with a cup, and immediately came to Kakashi’s side.

“Sensei? Maybe you should take your mask off. It might make it easier for you to breathe.” Kakashi shook his head, finally getting his breathing under control. He gave a final cough, sniffled, and rubbed his watering eyes. Sakura reached for the tea that she had set down.

“Here, maybe the steam from this will clear you up a little…”

“Let me get it, Sakura!” Naruto, with his usual over exuberance, reached for the cup. Not realising how hot the contents was, he spilled a little over his hand, and dropped the cup with a cry of pain. The scalding tea splashed over Kakashi, soaking into his mask and pyjama top. He gave a very un-ninja-like yelp of pain and cast a look of dismay over his soaked garments. Immediately, Naruto began a stream of apologies while Sakura alternated between scolding him and trying to help Kakashi.

“Sorry, Sensei! I didn’t realise it was so hot!”

“Naruto, you’re such a klutz! Why do you have to keep interfering?”

“I burned my hand, see; I didn’t mean…”

“Are you ok, Sensei? Are you burnt?”

“I was just trying to help, that’s all!”

“In future, Naruto, don’t help! Sensei? You’re shivering; do you have anything dry to wear?”

Kakashi held up a hand to stop them from babbling. As pathetic as he looked right now, at least he still had some authority over them.

“It’s fine. There’s a dry top and a spare mask in my top drawer there.” Naruto, eager to make up for his clumsiness, quickly grabbed the garments and placed them in front of Kakashi, who broke out sneezing before he could manage a thankyou.

“Het-choo! Eh-shoo! Heh… Ehhh… Ugh…” He sniffled wetly, the last sneeze having apparently backed down. “Thankyou, Naru… HEKTSHOO!!”

“Bless you, Sensei.” Sakura and Naruto responded, Sakura offering him a handful of tissues. He sounded like he needed them desperately. He gave a nod of thanks and again lowered his mask, quickly covering his face with the tissues. It took four blows before his nose began to feel less stuffy and runny. The effort left him exhausted. Sakura noticed this.

“We’ll leave you alone to change, ok, Sensei? Then you should get some sleep.”

“Thanks,” He replied, his voice muffled by the tissues. “Listen, I’ll be alright. You should go home and enjoy your day off.”

“Oh no, don’t worry about us, Kakashi Sensei!” Naruto remarked cheerfully. “We won’t leave ‘til you’re better, don’t you worry!”

The pair left the room, although Sakura practically had to drag Naruto, who had been trying to sneak another look at his Sensei’s face as he replaced his mask. Kakashi could hear him complaining in what he apparently thought was a quiet voice as Sakura dragged him into the kitchen.

“Ow, lemme go! I nearly saw his face! Sakura!”

Kakashi groaned as he began to change, his one normal eye twitching slightly. Was it just his imagination, or had his headache just gotten a lot worse?

:drool:

more today?!?!

:unsure:

:drool:

(You're going to spoil us at this rate!!! :laugh: )

omg...you totally rock my tabi off!! this is so awesome!!! like....WOWZA!!!

i love a poor miserable Kakashi-Sensei...and :drool: a sarcastic and disinterested Sasuke :drool: *sigh* you got their personalities PERFECT!!!! just amazing!!

:drool: cant wait for part three!!!

and just as an aside, if you'd like, i can edit your titles for you to show when you add more parts. you'll be able to do it yourself after a little while.

and just as an aside, if you'd like, i can edit your titles for you to show when you add more parts. you'll be able to do it yourself after a little while.

Really? Wow, cool! I'm a bit tech-challenged, so that'd be great! Thanks so much for your support and comments! :laugh:

Oooh yes, you are spoiling us! Not that I'm complaining! :)

Wonderful work, you really do have their personalities down perfectly! Can't wait for more! :laugh:

A bit later than promised, but here it is! More Kakashi torture! :twisted::yes:

Thankyou to everyone who commented. I love you guys! :lol::cryhappy:

Chapter Three

Sasuke arrived back at the apartment to find Sakura and Naruto having a particularly heated argument. Naruto, it seemed, had attempted to read one of Kakashi’s Icha Icha books while the older man was asleep. Sakura broke off as Sasuke entered.

“Hi, Sasuke! Did you find everything alright?”

Sasuke gave a grunt that could have meant anything, and dumped a bag of groceries on the bench. Sakura checked the bag, and found two tins of chicken soup, a bottle of orange juice, a new box of tissues, a pack of cough drops and a pack of cold and flu tablets. Sakura beamed and lost no time in praising her crush.

“Oh, Sasuke, you really thought of everything! I’m really so glad I sent you!”

Sasuke shrugged off her praise, as usual. Naruto rolled his eyes. Honestly, it was only a bit of grocery shopping. As Sakura went about preparing some of the soup, he decided to check on Kakashi, and maybe prove that he was just as useful as Sasuke. He found the silver-haired ninja in an uneasy slumber, shivering violently, despite the feverish flush just visible above his mask and the sheen of sweat on his skin. As Naruto watched, Kakashi rolled over, drawing his blanket even tighter in a futile attempt to warm himself.

“Hey Kakashi Sensei? Are you cold?” Naruto asked. Obviously, Kakashi gave no answer. Naruto thought for a minute. He really had no knowledge of how to treat someone who was ill. Having no parents while he was growing up, he’d had no experience in the matter. Stepping closer to the bed, he carefully placed a hand on Kakashi’s forehead, as he’d seen Sakura do before. Kakashi drew in a sharp breath and tried to pull away from the sudden coldness.

Naruto frowned. How come Kakashi was shivering so badly? He felt hot enough to burst into flames, and his skin was slick with sweat. Still, the blonde ninja couldn’t bear to watch his Sensei in such a pitiful state. If he felt cold, surely the obvious answer was to warm him up? Naruto glanced around the room and, after a moment of thought, opened up the cupboard in the corner. Sure enough, there was not just one extra blanket, but three. Grinning at his success, Naruto dragged them to the bed and piled them on top of Kakashi. Surely he couldn’t feel cold now! Naruto headed back to the kitchen, feeling accomplished.

Beneath the blankets, Kakashi began to sweat.

Back in the kitchen, Sakura was still heating up the soup while Sasuke watched, disinterested.

“Honestly, this stove takes forever to heat up!” Sakura grumbled. “How does he manage to cook anything?”

“Let me have a look! I bet I can get it to heat faster!” Naruto offered eagerly. Sakura glared at him.

“You’ve caused enough trouble for today, Naruto!” She snapped, then continued stirring the slowly heating soup while Naruto sat in sulky silence. Just as he had begun to fidget with impatience, Sakura removed the pot from the stove and ladled some of the steaming liquid into a bowl.

“Sasuke, could you make some more tea while I take this to Kakashi-Sensei? Thankyou!” She beamed as Sasuke went about the simple chore. Naruto huffed and followed her into the bedroom.

They found Kakashi tossing and turning underneath the mountain of blankets; breathing in hoarse, shallow gasps, sweat dripping from his face. As the door creaked open, his eyelids fluttered open, and his one visible eye was glazed with fever.

“Too hot…” He croaked, sounding even more congested than before, if possible. Sakura gasped and hurried forward, hastily passing the soup bowl to Naruto. She dragged away the three heavy woollen blankets that Naruto had piled on earlier. Kakashi, freed of the excess weight, sat up and wiped sweat from his face, his movements far less coordinated than usual.

“Sensei, why did you have so many blankets?” Sakura asked, feeling his forehead again. “Even if you’re having chills, overheating yourself will only make things worse.”

“I know,” Kakashi replied, but quickly forgot what he had meant to say as an all to familiar feeling arose in the back of his nose. His eyes shut and his breath began to hitch. Sakura and Naruto missed these warning signs. Sakura was rounding on Naruto, who was backing away, fearing one of Sakura’s violent outbursts.

“Heh heh… Really, I was only trying to help, Sakura, honest! He looked cold… OW! What was that for?”

“Naruto, you’re such an idiot! Stop helping!” Sakura drew back her fist to deal out another blow to the blonde ninja’s head, but was cut off by an outburst of sneezes from Kakashi.

“Hehtshoo! Heh-tchoo! He’tch! H’tchoo! Ehh-SCHOO!” Kakashi reached out for the tissue box and grabbed a handful, then gave his tortured nose a wet, gurgling blow.

“I’m sorry,” he sniffled. “You really should go home. You really don’t want to catch this.”

“Nonsense, Sensei!” Sakura reached out and patted his arm reassuringly. “We’re a team; when one of us is in trouble, it affects us all!”

Her words, though touching, were lost on Kakashi, who was holding the wad of sodden tissues over his face while he reached out for more. His hand brushed against an empty box, and he gave a groan of frustration.

“Hold on, I’ll get more.” Said Sakura, and she dashed out to the kitchen. Naruto stayed, his head hung.

“I’m real sorry, Sensei. I only meant to help. Here,” He took a neatly folded handkerchief from his pocket and held it out to Kakashi, who accepted it gratefully.

“Naruto, I’m sure you didn’t…”

“I’ll just go home before I cause more trouble.” Naruto left the room, dejected. Kakashi opened his mouth to call him back, but broke off quickly, his nose demanding urgent attention.

Out in the kitchen, Sasuke looked up from where he was making tea to watch Naruto leave.

“Finally figured out you’re useless?” He asked, evidently annoyed at losing his day off by helping Kakashi.

Naruto was about to make a snappy reply, when Sasuke’s attitude triggered a sudden memory. He’d been carrying that handkerchief for a reason. One of his more ingenious pranks, meant to lower Sasuke’s dignity a little. Hadn’t he covered that handkerchief in sneezing powder, meaning to offer it to Sasuke some time?

Uh-oh…

Naruto dashed back to the bedroom in a panic.

“Sensei! Don’t use that handkerchief!”

:yes: OMG!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!! :twisted:

dude...this is totally great!!!!! such a smexy ninja.....and the usual "aid" of Naruto..... and...and.... the hankie.... *falls off chair laughing* this is sooooo good! cant wait for more!!!!

*mouth drops open*

Oh my gosh! How could I have missed this?!

This is great! I don't watch or read Naruto, but this. Is. Still. Awesome.

More more more more! (Oh great, now I sound like my fans.)

Archived