Sneeze Fetish Forum

Fantasy versus Reality

sfyrist

I was answering the thread about sharing colds, and it got me thinking about this. (Also hi! I'm so very new, I hope it's okay to be starting this.)

There are actually a lot of things that I find enjoyable and hot in a story, or even in a wav or animation, that I find a turn off in person or video.

For example, I like reading about someone with the fetish conspiring to expose someone to an allergen, but in real life my instincts about "hey! anaphylaxis!" would completely tsunami any possible pleasure from such a thing. And I like stories, pictures, and wavs about light (sneeze-related only) bondage, but in real life my only experiences around that left me more amused than anything else. (No offense intended, everyone has their interests.) And I like reading and hearing about wet colds and spreading germs and kissing afflicted noses, but in a video or real life my threshhold for that stuff is very particular and low.

I guess I'm wondering whether other people feel this way. It's almost like the less real it is, the more my imagination has room to edit out the squicky details and focus on the arousing ones.

If others do feel this way, I'd love to know what about, specifically, and any theories would be welcome, too.

First of all, a big welcome on board! :yes:

I was wondering...so, what do you like or enjoy in in a video or real life?

Personally I prefer to see from reality a sneezing fit-allergy fit, a wet cold a cute nose blow and that's almost the same if I'm reading a fiction :twisted:

Sorry for the short answer, haven't got much time! :lol:

welcome to the board, and it's perfectly OK to just jump right in, and start a discussion like this :yes:

I can understand your plight, because in fantasy, you have control over every aspect of the fantasy, whereas in reality, you don't

Especially speaking of things related to allergy stuff. In reality, you would never know, unless you knew the person well if someone with allergies doesn't also have Asthma.

I can also understand you feelings about colds as well in fantasy Vs. Reality

There are *Definately* things that I think are Yummy in fics that real life.... not so much.

I'll have to post again when brain is functioning more. But I definately know what you mean- and I feel the same way.

Missy - I just have a higher "yuck" factor in reality, and a stronger safety filter. *grin* Like, I don't mind the "sneakily exposing someone to an allergen" in a movie or vid, it can be quite something, because I know noone's getting hurt. And the - well, the extreme sharing of fluids, especially kissing or licking, I guess that in a fic I just mentally edit that out of what I'm picturing. In a vid or in reality - ew. Especially when someone has an "I'm so sexy" look while being messy or mouthing the other's fluids. Yick. I like all the things you named, and I'm actually pretty eclectic about what I like. I just noticed this in myself about the details, and was wondering if the details or situations shifted for anyone else.

King - exactly, on all counts.

tma - I'm glad I'm not the only one. :cry:

I just have a higher "yuck" factor in reality, and a stronger safety filter.

Yeah, me too, that's exactly it. I can enjoy things in a fic that would either squick me or worry me in real life. I'm guessing that's probably pretty common.

Welcome on board, btw. You're off to a flying start, nice work! :cry:

Thats a really good question. I'm not sure what my preference is to be honest. I looove the fantasy aspect, because as King_of_the_ruins says you have complete control.

That being said, there is often nothing like the real thing, however quick it is or unprepared you are.

So it's a tough one I think...

texaskid - Thanks for the welcome. That's kind of the thing about a fetish, though, and one of the great reasons for communities like this : what "makes sense" only applies sometimes, and things that seem obvious sometimes don't apply at all. It's nice to hear how people actually feel, whether it lines up with reason or not. I appreciate the responses.

And ILS, thank you, too. The real thing out of nowhere, the lack of control - that definitely has its appeal. I think that's why I was wondering if anyone had any theories about why this is - I don't think it's just a question of control. Maybe it is for some people, and not others. It's just odd that the written words describing something can be so affecting when the real thing being described can be such a turnoff.

Guest pookie77

I can understand what you are talking about --- I love to read stories and observations about sneezing fits that just keep going and going, but the truth is, I find them somewhat frightening in real life. I am always wondering after about the 7th sneeze when the person is going to stop sneezing. It's a mix of pleasure and fear, and often, I just want them to stop. I know I have said before that my ex-fiancee was a very heavy repetitive sneezer, and I recall two times when I was really hoping he would stop. I got pleasure from about 15 sneezes, but if it passed that number I started to want him to stop. One time we were talking on the phone and he just started a drawn out, allergic fit --- I eventually had to hang up because we weren't even talking anymore. He was just building up and sneezing every 10 seconds or so --- after so many, I can't handle it. Then, on our anniversary one year, he had to have sneezed over 50 times in the course of several hours, and about 30 of them were one after another right after we, well, you know :) I couldn't stop thinking about it after that, and it made me nervous for a short time after that. I eventually got used to his sneezing fits. He was very allergic during high pollen times, and he really sneezed in fits all the time. I learned to enjoy every single sneeze, but it took me a long time. Too many sneezes can be scary coming from other people. But I love that in stories!

hmmm....good question....

im a huge cold whore in fiction, but in reality i feel bad for the ill person. kinda the same thing with hidden-allergens... i lvoe to read it, heck! i love to write it, but would never do it to someone in real life..... at least not for long ;) im a sucker for itchy, watery eyes in fiction...but not so much in reality...goes back to feeling bad for ther person... i guess im just not willing to torture a person the way i would a character... (lucky them) :D

Archived