Sneeze Fetish Forum

Why are so many women such dramatic sneezers?

colorado198219

I was just wondering why some women are so dramatic when they sneeze.

I mean high-pitched chewwwwws, squeaks so high-pitched it could nearly pierce ones ears, desperate heeee's and haaaaa's. I my all time favorite and I heard this a few times is the "KAAAAAAAAAAHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!" sneeze that gets higher and higher pitched towards the end and the eeeeee lasts for a long time!

I espcially notice this amongst women in their 20s, not so much amongst older women when they sneeze who tend to sneeze normally (if there is such a thing) without altering their sneeze

It just seems like so many women seem to be performing, desperate for attention or trying to exaggerate their sneezes. I mean I think its quite funny actually but it seems like alot of women try to make their sneezes cute and very, very feminine.

Guys and usually older ladies on the hand tend to not act out their sneezes.

I was just wondering if there is a reason for so many females trying to make a performance out of a sneeze?

Yeah and it seems not just age based but generation based; modern girls in their 20's love to do this. Ten years ago I didn't hear girls in their 20's in huge numbers doing this, although i ofcourse knew of some. Personally, I prefer the old fashioned natural sneeze.

I have noticed this! Maybe I'm just jealous, but I actually find this irritating. I mean, a girl would definitely have to go out of her way to sneeze so high-pitched and cutesy. It's really obvious, too. I don't know if it's an attention thing, or trying to make a point of how "feminine" they are, but...they should stop. That's just my opinion, of course. :drool:

I don't think women try to make dramatic performances of their sneezes. I think sneezing disrupts the tidy rhythm of their lives, which bothers or distracts them. A sneeze to a woman is not just a bump in the road, but something they must fully display before getting back on track. Just as many women believe you should not "hold back your feelings," likewise they do not believe in holding back on their sneezes. (My female "Sneeze Philosophy")

Interesting philosophy, but I don't know that it accounts for the issue of age difference. Furthermore these sounds usually come after the actual impact of the sneeze.

The problem with a single female sneeze philosophy is that different groups of females are different. It is impossible, for example, for me to ignore that these sneeze trends are taking place among a generation of women who have come to tend to see "cutesiness" as the ideal of femininity (as opposed to the older "sophisticated mysterious female" model of femininity). Yet generational psychologies can be pretty deepset in the mind, and we can debate how conscious it may be. Lastly there are plenty of women both off and on forum that i have heard/read admit to intentionally altering their sneezes.

I don't know why people do this, but it drives me nuts! Not even necessarily from a fetish point of view, it's just crazy irritating. :D You're not cute! Stop it! :sleep2:

I have wondered, and I have no theory. Is it conscious? Is it out of embarrassment, or attention-seeking, or trying to seem cute and girly? They all seem plausible. I'm inclined to agree with resolution, on the whole. It's an interesting question.

On a slight tangent-it drives me almost as far up the wall when people do the same thing with yawns, kind of yell them. Know what I mean? That bizarre "HOOOOOOOWWAAAAARRRRRHHHHH!!!" thing. What is that? What on earth are you doing? Stop it! :)

I've had a girlfriend admit to purposely altering her sneezes around me. I basically told her about the fetish not long after we'd started going out, and from the first time I heard her sneeze she always did the girly/squeaky sort of sneezes (which, incidentally, I loooooove...). It was only about a year later that I heard her "normal" sneeze because she was so allergic to some carnations I'd bought her she couldn't help herself... (innocent smile). She pretty much explained her reason for doing it as her "not wanting me to think she was gross".

(Shrugs) - I've long since accepted that life is alot less maddening if we accept that we'll never actually understand girls haha.

I saw my therapist yesterday afternoon and as she was typing out my new script on the computer, she had her back to me and then gasped, turned to her left (where I could see from the side) and let out, what I believe, to be two extreamly dramatic sneezes. I was a bit surprised. It's always the ones you don't think will be the dramatic sneezers that are. :twisted:

I will probably have many detractors when I say this but I believe in a lot of cases it may be involuntary. Maybe not physically but mentally. Maybe a girly choo gives some women a sense of closure. The reason I've come to this conclusion is because I've seen them act genuinely embarrassed when they do it and when they're made fun of they say they can't help it. I would rather that the ones who purposely make spectacles of themselves try to stifle because I always wonder what the stifles of a loud sneezer would sound like just like I wonder what a stifler's sneezes would sound like naturally.

Guest Sphinx42

The basic way that I have always sneezed is pretty damn loud to be honest. There is no drama it's just the way I sneeze. Some people don't seem to like the way I do it, I could probably tell you all some stories.

But anyway thats the way it is, some women are loud like myself and others are soft sneezers.

Guest silverbirch

I do alter my sneezes a little, not into a "my ears want to cry" squeak, but into a disctint- aTISHoo type sound, for these reasons:

1) The "i dont want to gross" thing. *Sigh* the patraichy got me so bad I dont want to be disgusting when I sneeze, and stifling gives a good change you will end up with a horrible throaty raspeberry type noise if something goes wrong. And thats NOT attractive in my book :S It's often easier to change to a soft feminie noise that wont draw attention than to stifle totally.

2) To make it clear it is actually a sneeze, not just some weird noise, so that I don't have to endure "was that a sneeze?" conversations.

3) um... I like it to sound that way because it may draw more attention and I do like to be blessed :stretcher:

The basic way that I have always sneezed is pretty damn loud to be honest. There is no drama it's just the way I sneeze. Some people don't seem to like the way I do it, I could probably tell you all some stories.

But anyway thats the way it is, some women are loud like myself and others are soft sneezers.

Well your definatly a winner in my book.....nothing better than a female that lets em go "loud and proud"..they way I look at it is if thats your normal sneeze then so be it...(of course the loud powreful ones are my favs)

I think the people thatt you say "dont like it" are not into sneezing.......but anywaysssss I'd love to hear some of your stories

Girls don't want to have a gross or manly sneeze, so they try to make a high pitched sneeze that will bring attention to them. I never was a dramatic sneezer because I was shy and didn't want the attention.

Archived