Sneeze Fetish Forum

ABC.com's slow news day?

vatergrrl

It must be a slow news day today, or someone has an odd sense of humor, but I stumbled across a sidebar headline: Allergy and Ecstasy: Sneezes Sexy in Bed? SFF is mentioned in the article, as is an old site which is no longer updated (author got the site name wrong, but maybe that's a good thing). One commenter, maybe two, were sympathetic, but the rest (of 17) were about what you'd expect.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/AllergiesNews...4304&page=1

Happy spring!

-VG

Oh my God....thats so...well I want to say cool...or scary...

Hey...but I guess if someone was wanting to tell someone but didnt know how, they could casually show this article...

A funny read! I wonder if anyone recognises their own comments...

Thanks for posting this

After looking at the article, it wasn't all that bad. The first commentor to the article (majorinsanity) is just your typical web idiot. The third commentor to the article (KarmaCentricCelt) was being objective, not judging us, but he was speaking about the negativity of those who are negative towards other's differences, such as the first comment.

overall it was OK to me.

Agreed King of the Ruins, they could have done a much better hatchet job if they had wanted to do so. And the media is often known for not checking their facts, much less getting things right many times. This wasn't a horrible story and was rather remarkably balanced IMHO.

checking back to the article later proved the poster majorinsanity is about as wise as a box of rocks :rolleyes:

:) oh man.... ive been quoted by ABC news..... cool.... (yeah... one of those is me...hehehe)

incidentally....the only two positive commenters are members of this community. it would have been nice to see a non-fetishist being open minded, but ah well...

i think its says more about the people who are reading that article than it does about us. i for one dont care less, and i would encourage anyone esel who peruses it, to not let it affect your self-worth or esteem. I know we have many members of this community who are shy and scared with regards to the fetish and embracing it, and it pisses me off to think that because of some close-minded *we interrupt your rant and return you to your regularly scheduled commentary* that they might feel uncomfortable, or think they are weird/freakish/etc.

please, if you read that, dont let those people determine how you feel about yourself, o use them as an accurate estimate of how the rest of the world would feel.

Well, we can't control what members do or do not post. However, I'd like this to be kept friendly. No spamming or flaming the ABC story please, because if your actions bring a troll invasion to the forum, we WILL act accordingly :)

actually, unless something new has been added, the two members who did post within the ABC article, did NOT declare themselves as fetishists. they merely commented regarding their opinion of open/close minded people.

i do hope that this does not give us backlash.

I can't view the comments. I'm just taken to a place where I can enter my own comments. Do I have to post a comment to see everyone else's?

hehehe...

*reads from plan for WORLD DOMINATION*

1. gain moderator position on SFF (check)

2. make random comment hoping for someone to become allergic to me :D (check)

3. be quoted by national news organization (check)

4. develop ultimate sneezing substance (not yet)

5. take over world (not yet)

:) ok..ill behave.... and PB, im not sure what part of the screen you are looking at, but there should be a link for just viewing comments...

Well we certainly are famous now, and to top it off I was on my way to work this morning listenting to a local radio station apparently the article was found by one of the hosts, and the topic of the fetish along with SFF was brought up. I certainly didnt like what they had to say

If anyone cares to listen I think you can get thier webcast at www.prestonandsteve.com or www.wmmr.com

The topic came up around 7:10 am today

People, please don't flame the nice radio people, no matter how narrow-minded they appear to be.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived