Sneeze Fetish Forum

Secretly making others sneeze?

The Mute Poet

Alright, so there has been some little debate around here in the past as to the morality of making other people sneeze without their knowledge. My question, though, is whether anyone here has done it before? I'm not talking about a willing person inducing for you in some way, but I mean purposely manipulating circumstances so that a person we know to be allergic to something sneezes or has a fit without them having any idea what's going on...

I'll admit to having done it before, though admittedly I was a bit younger. I remember a friend of the family was staying at our house for a while and I knew from past conversations that she was allergic to dust. Well it just so happens that her bed was just outside my room and the two of us would pretty much go to bed at the same time each night, and I remember always hearing her sniffling and thinking "Gosh, I wish those would turn into sneezes..." So, I took action. Hahaha, looking back on it now it seems no less than evil, but I remember actually collecting dust and sprinkling it around her bed an pillow, hoping that for the next few night sit would do the trick. For the rest of the week she definitely did sniffle alot more, and I even got to hear the occasional single, but no fits sadly.

That said, I just don't know if I could do anything that extreme today (morality again), though I have, and still might LEAD someone into a situation in which I know they'll be exposed to an allergen...

I was wondering if anyone else has any of their own stories of playing "sneeze god"?

Well, I think the morality issue comes into play as far as the effects a substance might have on a person other than making them sneeze. It could be dangerous to experiment, not knowing how their bodies might react. But I suppose if you're sure that a certain substance will make someone sneeze without any harmful side effects, go ahead! Ha ha!

I've never furtively tried to make someone sneeze before, but if I'm certain that I'm not endangering them, it sounds like it would be a lot of fun! ;)

Well, I think the morality issue comes into play as far as the effects a substance might have on a person other than making them sneeze.

Yep, that the problem isn't it. If only sneezes were the only things that resulted from colds and allergies, eh?

And no, I haven't really tried anything in real life. (never had the chance to) But it certainly sounds like a good start for some great fiction!

I know this is regarded as a great moral issue by some, but to me it seems that it is really to be wearing the usual fetish glasses and being overcome with fetish guilt. Anyone would think there was something wrong with having a fetish.

Most people think so little about sneezing that they are not even aware that they're doing it. It's an ordinary part of life; in fact it's just another form of breathing. They don't, therefore, object to doing it , and a surprising number actually enjoy it. Certainly they would probably rather sneeze than have many other sensations; what I mean is that I have been known to drench my lavatory with air freshener, knowing that it was likely to make a visitor sneeze. But, you see, she would probably prefer to sneeze than NOT have the air freshener.

I remember when sharing a house that another sharer invited someone to supper and, for some reason, put pepper on the table in an ordinary bowl. [Perhaps there was no peppermill]. The other girl started sneezing her head off. Would it have been somehow more immoral if *I* had put out the pepper? What if I had suggested the pepper to my housemate but she had made the ultimate decision?

Should one ban flowers, shut off windows, etc, in case someone might by chance end up sneezing?

No, not just out of the blue. If I know a girl pretty well, and we're close as friends, I might poke/grab/playfully tickle her nose, but I won't take it to the level of going around planting allergens where I think she and I might run into each other. The only person from whom I will ever induce sneezes will be my wife, but I haven't reached that relationship tier yet. Hell, right now, I'm not even close.

It's really not something I'd feel comfortable doing, less because its a health risk than because its an invasion of privacy. I like to watch people sneeze in the same way I like to look at an attractive woman, but actually *making* an unaware stranger sneeze is a bit like stalking the lady home so you can see her undress. It's true that most people are much less self-conscious about sneezing than getting naked, but that's because they don't imagine sneezing to be sexually arousing. In both cases, somebody is manipulating somebody else for their own jollies.

I agree, of course, that this kind of manipulation isn't uncommon at all, and there are situations in which I'd be tempted. Casually leaving out a plant I knew somebody was allergic to, maybe, but even here, the person isn't a total stranger, and the act is passive. Not that that really changes it, but it might make me feel less creep.

And, I have to admit, I tried it once; in eighth grade, I brought a packet of pepper to school, opened it in class, and surreptitiously blew its contents into the face of the girl next to me, bringing about one sneeze and a lot of sniffing. My bad.

I admit to doing that...I know my friend has allergies and I keep the window open a little bit when he comes over. He sneezes a bit...not fits or anything...its not more than normal. If he was really suffering I would close the window etc.

I used to when young, at school.

A little puff of pepper from a squeezy bottle would normally do the trick.

Also at home, I have used pepper to make people sneeze.

These are probably my favourite sneezes, as you have the anticipation of whether it will work and then you can watch the whole build up from the first twitch of the nose through the build up, breath in and eyes closing and then the explosion.

It is a small infraction on their person, but not one I consider to be a serious offence.

:) if i know the person well enough to know that it won't cause an unexpected potentially dangerous reaction....

i would never do it to a stranger, or to someone who did not know about the fetish. but i have done it to friends who knew about my fetish. :twisted:

I even warn friends before they come over that I have a cat :twisted:

I do this constantly! I'm amazed at how many people still come over and hang out with me anyway! HA HA HA Actually, that was just one friend recently, and it didn't make him sneeze, until the next day, darn it.

Um, did the one time I accidentally gave Head Cashier Jeff my cold? Or not really because it was his fault for drinking my Mountain Dew?

I don't think I've intentionally done anything like that. Again, not counting anything I've done mutually with willing partners.

I've never done it, but I have to admit I'm a bit surprised by the way this thread is going.

This has come up several times in the past and everytime the thread have had a definite "IT IS WRONG!"/"SHAME ON YOU!" tone to them.

I don't have a really strong opinion one way or the other... (I mean, there's nothing wrong with opening a window, right? :twisted: ) Although I do believe that intentions count for something, and that the attempt can easily go to far... But I'm surprised that the attitude of the responders in general seems to have shifted so much.

Hahahahaha - gotta love... italics!

That was my intent though - I was just curious on the actions, nd whether most of us had done it when we were younger, before morality became a big issue. So I didn't really want it to get mired in an ethical debate, and, awesomely enough, it hasn't.

I wouldn't be comfortable doing it but if other people are going to do it, then I'm not going to judge them.

I also think that having your window open or owning a cat is a little different from, say, blasting dust in someone's face; it's just not the same thing, I'm sorry. :P

I admit to doing it many times when I was young, and yeah I still do it on the occasion. It doesn't plummit to the extreme of tourture or suffering. Just the occasional "whoops did I just drop the pepper!!?? *gasp* And it ensues into ...pleasant things from my roommates/friends/whomever. I haven't gone to the extreme of "Here are some flowers that I know will make you sneeze but also harm your immune system" or whatever else it would do. If I knew they'd suffer, of course I wouldn't do it. But there's no harm in a little fun, in my opinion. It can lead to...well we all know what it can lead to here. :P

Archived