Sneeze Fetish Forum

It's not Vasamotor....

YiffySneeze

So I thought it was vasamotor that I had. (The doctor only said I had "overactive nose", but I could find nothing on it. So I thought maybe it was vasamotor that they meant.) It isn't vasamotor at all to my knowledge. That may only include runny nose (and maybe sneezing) after being outside in the cold or something. What I might have is snatiation, where you sneeze after being "satiated". It is described further in this article, which I came across while looking at the article for "sneeze":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snatiation

-Yiffy

Fascinating , captain. But they don't seem to explain what the mechanism is [and I wonder if they know].

Can it be the case that these sneezes bypass the nose altogether and are in fact caused by a reaction of the diaphragm? If you think about it, all sneezes are very largely caused by the diaphragm, which descends so that inhalations happen, then presumably suddenly rises so that the air is expelled; we are perhaps distracted by the enormous tickle in our noses which sets the diaphragm going. And the diaphrgm may be affected by the nearby stomach...perhaps.

Wasn't someone else talking about similar food sneezes recently?

Yet drink sneezing, we are told, is because the alcohol causes the blood vessels in the nose to dilate and go all tickly. How complicated.

Isn't snatiation a horrible word? Why not just call it satiation sneezing? Or indeed satiety sternutation?

I totally agree. I don't like the word "snatiation" either. Sounds...fakey. Of course, in another article, it said the term (while the condition is real) was a joking term. However, there are no other terms that I could find.

As for your thoughts on the diaphragm, that could well be the case. Good thoughts :drool:

-Yiffy

Heard of Snatiation, never read much about it...can I come over for Thanksgiving. :)

Archived