Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Apprentice Wed 21

tissuebox007

Haven't found anything about this yet. Wednesdays episode of The Apprentice (bbc1 9pm) has an interesting task for the two groups - to market their own brand of tissues. From the preview at the end of last weeks episode there should be an awful lot of tissue related action/discussion as the groups have to come up with a name/design and advert for their tissues. Hope some of you enjoy it!

if anybody has a link to this show please post it, cause the bbc website says you have to be in the uk to play the clip

So, teams were given the task of selling a new box of anti-bacterial tissues, they had to design the boxes and film a 30-second TV commercial, from which they would make a press advert...and what mess they made of it!

One team designed a a quite attrractive looking box, but fell flat with the name "Ilove(heart)mytissues", which led Sir Alan Sugar to ask "Who actually loves tissues", at which pointed I put my hand up, although luckily there was no one to see. This same team then developed a TV ad where a young child was given a tissue by his mum, and then the boy then gave a tissue to a crying girl at school. The "mum" in this instance was a TV weather presenter, Sian Lloyd who isn't a mum in real-life but who the team thought were "wholesome", althouh I've always felt she has a mouth as wide as a letter box, but that irrelevent.

The commercial itself was quite sweet, where the boy gives a tissue to the girl, but was spoiled by two aspects, 1) the weather presenters part was cut down to about 3 seconds and you hardly knew it was her, and 2) They didn't mention the tissues in the ad, or the fact that they were anti-bacterial.

The Second team weren't much better, their branf name was Atishu, which was a good name but with a bright yellow box with kids and kittens wrapped up in a blanket and one pic of girl having her nose blown by a mum. There were three on the team, two guys and woman. The woman was incredibly negative, irritating, and pointless. They came up with an advert that featured a sick kid being worried about by her mum as she was supposed to go to school, but the father pointed out the tissues were anti-bacterial and the kid would be fine. The commercial itself was terrible, it was badly acted, scripted and presented, and was as subtle as being hit in the face by a box of tissues!

Sir Alan wasn't impressed much with either side, and although the first teams advert was "nice", it didn't actually make it clear tissues were the product, so as bad as the other team were, the first team lost and the "leader" of that team was eventually fired, and there was much rejoicing. Raif, his name was, a posh, pompous, well spoken but pointless man.

So all in all, it was crap, but the pay off was at the end when the right man was sacked, although I would have gone for the woman on the other team. I don't usually watch this programme, can't stand boasting, over-confident "business" type people, and this did nothing ti endear the show to me.

This is of course leads me to a question, how would you pitch and sell a box of tissues?

For my part, I am always keen to get young men blowing their noses more, so I would target those social groups were carrying tissues is considered uncool, like guys at school, or sportsmen, or young thugs. I wonder if I'll ever get the chance.

Well, if you are going to use a weather girl, surely you go with Hayfever. Its also around the right time of year for it.

Could go with how green they are, lots of people thing using green tissues and stuff will somehow undo the damage the rest of their lives cause.

Have you tried recycled tissues? They are hopeless, so weak and thin and not worth a good blow. lol.

If you want environmently friendly, go with hankies, IMO

hey guys i tried even on you tube to watch the highlights of the episode and it says i need to be in the uk, is there some sort of software to view it in the US. if not can somebody provide a link so i could watch it, it would be greatly appreciated

I don't know whether anyone else noticed it, but in the same episode, when they got back to the boardroom, whilst talking to Alan Sugar (I refuse to bow down and call him "Sir Alan" like they all do), there was a high-pitched noise and the only thing I can think it was, was someone sneezing, that they've partially edited out. Anyone else hear this?

Archived