Sneeze Fetish Forum

Another Annoying Question from Zneeze

zneeze

I think I saw this posted somewhere here before, but here it goes anyway:

What do you think the effects would be of a sitcom/other type of TV show where there was a character who had a sneeze fetish?

I think it would be a nightmare. We would get all kinds of interest from people that we wouldnt want. Thousands of trolls.

I know that this will be completely ignored, but I can never see why people are so negative about this sort of thing.

Suppose that someone popular and attractive and culty; say the girl in Seinfeld; were set up as one of us, and this became an established part of the programme and cause of a million running gags and plots...

Well, not only would there be lots of lovely sneezing on the programme, but for every troll [and what would they be saying? That unlike the character, we are NOT "cool"?] there would be half a dozen people realising their true fetishy selves. Inducing would be [even more] fashionable. If we wanted to come out to a S O, we could do it straight off, without all that dancing about; and it would be much less likely that there would be a bad reaction. If we wanted to keep to the hot tears of shame, nothing would force us not to. In fact only the fetish exclusive brethren , who enjoy the lonely secret obsing, would be, possibly, inconvenienced by having beautiful people inducing, "like on Seinfeld" in the supermarket.

I agree with the Count....it would depend upon how it was done. TV can be a very powerful method of "normalising" things that were previously verboten.

I can see your point. But especially a sitcom. We would be talking about a fetishist being created for people to laugh at them. I dont think thats likely to be a positive role model, and I dont see that it is likely to be a significant part of a story line -- not much more than say pepper in Neighbours.

And besides, there was a film with a sneeze fetish woman in. Was it "Lonely Guy"?

Someone like Phoebe from friends might be able to get away with it......it could be seen as kooky but fun!

I think I'm somewhere in the middle; I agree with Gruft, that people would react to it like they do in general to our fetish..aka..think its gross or don't understand it. At first it would be made fun of, however, over time it might be considered somewhat "normal". I think most people have the fetish, but they are in denial or haven't fully realized it, I am saying this because on youtube; all the videos that have the word sneeze in it have the highest amount of hits, and there are more sneezing videos added everyday, some of people inducing in public places or in front of others. I think our fetish is on it's way to becoming "mainstream" but it will take a long time before its normal.

Guest Nitz

I Think there are a lot of people with an iterest in sneezing that we don't know about. I don't see how this could be a character on a show though. Maybe as a joke in one episode of a show.

I think it would be a nightmare. We would get all kinds of interest from people that we wouldnt want. Thousands of trolls.

That really is a good point. At first when I read this I thought it might be cool, but then I read everyone else's responses and it made me look at this a different way.

If one of the characters on "the show" came out midway through the series, it could definitely be a running gag and would set up many a joke. But, more importantly to us, I think it would show the world there's a fetish for this kind of thing, and it may become some kind of "fad" for a short period of time. Maybe not a fad, but something that hangs around pop culture for a while. Some actor really popular, cute or cool could definitely pull it off.

Also, Gruft, I looked up "The Lonely Guy," a movie I had never heard of previously, along with "sneeze fetish" and some things came up...

I agree with Zneeze and Count - I think that, if done correctly, it could go a long way toward normalizing the fetish. I also agree that it might be best for such an attribute to be revealed partway through the series. It gives the audience to recognize the character as a cool, normal (or normal-ish - we ARE talking about a sitcom character) woman (I say woman because it would mean lots of male sneezing!!! :wacko:) before it was revealed that she has a sneezing fetish. Then, it wouldn't be that a character with the fetish was created to be laughed at. It would be that there was this character on this tv show and what do you know, she has a sneezing fetish!

It would be fun to just write random sneezes into the first part of the show's run and have the character very subtly react (glance at the person, become flustered, not being able to say "bless you," etc, etc). This would 1) pave the way for the fetish reveal, 2) give all of us a lot of good sneezing to enjoy before the big reveal, and 3) make all of us practically go crazy speculating, "Oh my gosh, did you see how she reacted AGAIN?! She totally has the fetish!" "Are you kidding?! It's TV - there's no way she has the fetish!" "But serious, that's the 8th totally random sneeze on that show! The creator definitely has the fetish!" until the reveal, at which point everyone could go, "WHOA!!! She has the fetish!!" Good times all around.

I'm glad you said "The creator definitely has the fetish!" because he/she would probably have to (that would mean me!). You've got it nailed, angora: It would make for a hilarious running gag. Before he/she reveals the fetish, it would be very subtle, maybe twice a season tops. Man, I've got so many ideas! :D Too many to deal with right now...

I agree with Zneeze and Count - I think that, if done correctly, it could go a long way toward normalizing the fetish. I also agree that it might be best for such an attribute to be revealed partway through the series. It gives the audience to recognize the character as a cool, normal (or normal-ish - we ARE talking about a sitcom character) woman (I say woman because it would mean lots of male sneezing!!! :D) before it was revealed that she has a sneezing fetish. Then, it wouldn't be that a character with the fetish was created to be laughed at. It would be that there was this character on this tv show and what do you know, she has a sneezing fetish!

It would be fun to just write random sneezes into the first part of the show's run and have the character very subtly react (glance at the person, become flustered, not being able to say "bless you," etc, etc). This would 1) pave the way for the fetish reveal, 2) give all of us a lot of good sneezing to enjoy before the big reveal, and 3) make all of us practically go crazy speculating, "Oh my gosh, did you see how she reacted AGAIN?! She totally has the fetish!" "Are you kidding?! It's TV - there's no way she has the fetish!" "But serious, that's the 8th totally random sneeze on that show! The creator definitely has the fetish!" until the reveal, at which point everyone could go, "WHOA!!! She has the fetish!!" Good times all around.

But it would be fake sneezing.:drool:

Archived