Sneeze Fetish Forum

bought some new hankies

sneezelover

I bought three new hankies the other day. It was my first time buying hankies! Fortuantely I was in a store that had some really good ones. One is red with dragonflys, one is deep blue with big light yellow flowers/plants growing all over it, and the third is black with a pattern on it. This purchase got me really excited about owning and collecting my own handkerchiefs. Before all I had was big cotton bandans, which are great, but aren't officially handkerchiefs ya know? So then I was at Meijer and decided to see if they had handkerchiefs, since they have pretty much everything. They did! I got set of four white cotton hankies, and a set of three white ones with a striped color border. These all were reeeeaaalllly thin though, so I thought they were cheap. Today I decided to get some real handkerchiefs from a department store. I went to JCPennys and found some white cotton hankies, six actually, in a box. They have the letter A monogramed on them. I think is stands for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH - CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Ha ha! But they're still so thiiiiin!! Thats so anoying to me! Does anyone know how I can get some thicker, soft white cotton handkerchiefs?? Anyway, regaurdless of that, I have a good collection of hankies now! I don't know its just fun and erotic somehow. Handkerchiefs just scream "sneeze" to me.

Thanks for telling us about your new hankies! I also buy hankies at Meijer's, and they're not bad, but if you really want to buy some high quality hankies, try Parisian or Von Maur. If you live in the Detroit area, Parisian has stores in Rochester, Clinton Township, and Livonia. Von Maur is in Livonia and Ann Arbor. I've bought some really nice hankies at both. Of course, you can also go on line, but if you're like me, there's nothing like going into a store and buying them in person.

By the way, if you ever want to talk hankies, send me a P.M.!

Another member buying real hankies... hey this is great !

If you think they are rather thin you could use them folded, maybe ?

And do not forget to tell us about your hanky use from time to time (or send me a PM).

C

• 4 months later...

I haven't counted the number of stores like this, but I do mostly remember when and where I got most of mine, just like you. Interesting topic.

Wait, wait...... There's a girl my age that collects/uses hankies?? ........whoa!! :):D Good for you!! And here I thought us hanky users were dying out! :P Do you like men's or women's handkerchiefs? Whats your favorite story behind a hanky?

Guest mlp1006

hi! haha, cool! i am just as excited! yes, i have been collecting hankies since i was about 4 years old! my grandmother gave me my first hankie way back then! she really helped me get my collection going. i don't remember when i really starting using them. i'm guessing around middle school. i wasn't a total devoted handkerchief user until this past summer when i was doing some eco-friendly research and discovered how horrible tissues are for the environment! no one really knows about my collection; i'm kinda shy about it. i don't know why. i really wished more people used them because they're so awesome, soft, and better for our earth!

i think i like men's hankies better, just because they're bigger, and i have bad allergies. what do you like better?

oh jeez, i have so many stories! one that i strangly remember is being about 7 or 8 years old, playing out in the snow with my cousins at my grandparent's house, and my cousin was like "oh yeah, we got this hanky for you!" (lady's hanky with purple flowers printed on it) and i was like "cool!" and tried to find a safe, dry place for it inside my snowsuit! haha.

Guest mlp1006

aww... i dunno, this is just a random memory from my brain! i don't know why i remember it so well. i think when i was younger, my cousins knew about my collection. but now no one knows except you guys! your stories sound kinda sad/no fun/not fair! :P

i will share more stories soon!

I'm a freak for a new hankie. So here's a question, Where do you guys pick them up? I find them here in the US at CVS and Walgreens. Anyone else suggest anything?

Guest mlp1006

i live in the U.S. and i have never seen any at CVS or Walgreens! i will look next time i'm there!

i think Kohls, J.C. Penny, Macy's, department stores like that have new handkerchiefs.

i found an awesome 3 pack at a dollar store over the summer. i was so excited! i'm gonna keep my eyes open. i just don't want to order them online, because i like to make sure they're what i'm looking for. but i did order some organic cotten hankies called Hankettes from KidBean.com and they're really neat and eco friendly!

I also bought some new hankies today from Asda. They were in a 2 pack with one being dark blue and the other white with pale stripes on. I have already used one already and already it's nice and soft to blow my nose on.

Guest mlp1006

sorry rhino!

ok, they're regular men's handkerchiefs, regular size but slightly, like maybe an inch smaller than regular men's hankies? that's one thing i really like about them. they're just white with regular white stripes. plain plain. i have used them, and i love them! they seem thicker and softer! of course i had to get 2 packs. so 6 great hankies for $2 = ;)

ricksneeze, your new hankies sound amazing!!!

oooo very nice mlp1006!! :woot1: I have 6 of those kind too! I love the classic plain white mens handkerchiefs. I also have 3 with either red or tan stripes around the boarder, which I bought at Miejer believe it or not! I was surprised too to see that someone got hankies at CVS?! I've never noticed any their either! Although I didn't really start collecting hankies until last summer, so I'm new to the whole thing ;). I'm glad you like your white men's hankies like I do! :woot1: Sounds like you have an expansive collection though :laugh:

Guest mlp1006

thanks! yes, a collection is not complete without the classic plain white! i have a very old one with blue stripes around the border, and its wicked soft but ready to fall apart, so i am on the lookout for some more like that. ohh i don't have a Meijer near me! but i'm gonna peek around CVS next time i'm in there. well, welcome to hankie collecting! its such a practical, fun item to collect! :o

Guest mlp1006

It's ok rhino! i understand how excited you were!

i think i like the men's handerchiefs being slightly smaller for the same reasons you do! it seems more like a ladies hankie, but softer and thicker, and with more room. and its less noticeable when its tucked in my pocket. i still haven't gotten the hang of using a hankie in public, (not brave enough yet!) but i like to carry one around with me.

Guest mlp1006

ohh i see. thanks rhino. i should give that a try! hmm i wonder what hankie i should start with... probably a small one?

if anyone else has any tips that'd be great!!

mlp

Great to see you are getting into hankies - even better if they were coloured!

A couple of thoughts on how you might get used to using them. First, think of them as if they were tissues, then you might not feel so shy. And maybe you'll get more used to having a handkerchief on you by tucking one up your sleeve, and tucking it back again when you've used it.

Hope that's helpful.

Guest mlp1006

thanks monrovia! that is a great idea. i tried pretending the hankie was a tissue, and it does make it seem a little easier! i just gotta not care so much about what other people think i guess. very helpful, thank you!

• 1 month later...

I loowve hankies not many people use handkerchiefs anymore, most people i know think using hankies is a bit geeky. Hoot wait to use wever i love hankies and im not bothered what they think,i purchased a knew seven pack just the other day a mixture of coloured and white my favourite one being a black and white checked one, could not wait to use it!!! Its nice to see females are still using hankies (younger females) not many do in UK, ITS SUCH A SHAME!!! :blink:

Archived