Sneeze Fetish Forum

Question for cold lovers.

Shay

So as a person that prefers allergies, I have a question for those of you out there that prefer colds. Do you like sneezing that results from any kind of illness(sinus infection or the flu for example), or is there something special about colds in particular that you like?

For me, it can be any type of illness, cold is just most common. Sinus infections though....I feel too much sympathy for the person, because I get them a lot.

I've always loved colds, but it doesn't really stop there. I melt whenever any boy I find attractive is hurt or sick or upset. This fetish, at least when it comes to boys, has always been more about vulnerability and my compulsive need to nurture than anything else. Something about a cute, strong boy needing comfort is soooo painfully adorable to me. :D

Weirdly enough tho, when it comes to girls, I totally go for allergies. Not really sure why....

*~*~Rika~*~*

For me, because the care-taking aspect is the same whatever the illness, I think I'd like it if it was flu or sinus infection, but I've never had the experience, so I don't know. But I think there is something about colds being the stereotype time to sneeze - for some reason I really like that idea a lot more.

I've always loved colds, but it doesn't really stop there. I melt whenever any boy I find attractive is hurt or sick or upset. This fetish, at least when it comes to boys, has always been more about vulnerability and my compulsive need to nurture than anything else. Something about a cute, strong boy needing comfort is soooo painfully adorable to me. :D

Weirdly enough tho, when it comes to girls, I totally go for allergies. Not really sure why....

*~*~Rika~*~*

I'm exactly the same, because I have no urge to look after sick girls...so that doesn't do anything for me. But with allergies I just like the sneezes, and nothing else. With boys it's the whole kit and caboodle :blushing:

Thanks for the responses. Glad to hear that some of you enjoy illnesses other than colds. I guess I should have mentioned this before, but I was asking mostly for fic writing purposes. I mostly write allergy stuff because that's what I prefer, but I was thinking that maybe I wanted to try writing about illness sneezes sometime in the future to appeal to a wider audience. However, I think I'd probably be more comfortable writing about a sinus infection than a cold because people who have allergies are more prone to sinus infections, so the two are sort of linked for me. Not that I'd never write a story about a cold, just a sinus infection would be easier for me to start out with.

This is an interesting question, Kythe. Like the others who have posted here already, the nurturing aspect is partly what does it for me. As far as a fic goes, don't feel like you have to start with a cold. Sinus infections work too.

Now, I guess when we talk about cold vs. allergies, we don't mean only colds. Influenza and sinus infections are pretty similar, so nothing really changes in our eyes. Understand what I mean? I hope so, because for some reason I can't communiacte well today.

Out if cold and flu I prefer cold sneezes because catching it doesn't bother me that much whereas I have the impression 'flu is much worse.

One of the things I like about colds is that they are contagious. I love to think of all the sneezed viruses everywhere potentially infecting other people. Sinusitis isn't infectious in the same way so it's not as exciting to me. But in terms of fics it's much better to write somethying you are comfortable with!

Come to think of it the best kind for me are uncovered cold sneezes in enclosed areas for exactly that reason! :D

I agree about this, Vetinari, contagion is just hawt. For me, even if it was something not contageous in theory, if they look and sound contagious, it's enough for my little, gullible brain. :)

And I know I answered this before but as long as it's a sickness that produces sneezing, I find it hot. Now, there's a point to flu as well - fever. And fever is made of smexy. Yeah I know I know, it's not a nice feeling, been there, done that, but a flu not enough to make me feel so sorry that I couldn't enjoy it. It's not like some permanent damage was done or about indescribeable pain, it's just plain shitty.

Out if cold and flu I prefer cold sneezes because catching it doesn't bother me that much whereas I have the impression 'flu is much worse.

One of the things I like about colds is that they are contagious. I love to think of all the sneezed viruses everywhere potentially infecting other people. Sinusitis isn't infectious in the same way so it's not as exciting to me. But in terms of fics it's much better to write somethying you are comfortable with!

Come to think of it the best kind for me are uncovered cold sneezes in enclosed areas for exactly that reason! :)

Hey! What are you doing inside my mind, posting my thoughts?

Come to think of it the best kind for me are uncovered cold sneezes in enclosed areas for exactly that reason! :wacko:

Hey! What are you doing inside my mind, posting my thoughts?

Would you mind trying to explain those thoughts a bit more? The sickness aspect isn't really a part of my fetish, but I would like to understand it better (if only to understand why I don't share it).

I get the whole hurt/comfort/nurturing thing, even if it's not my thing. But what does the contagiousness add? Vetinari says, "I love to think of all the sneezed viruses everywhere potentially infecting other people." Is that just a multiplier effect? As in: sickness is good, and so the thought of a lot of people being sick is even better? Or is the infecting the main point? As in: sickness is good, but the thought of making people sick is somehow even better? And is it? And why might that be? Or is it something else I'm not getting?

I hope it's not too annoying if I ask questions and try to understand this from the outside.

Ummm......the answer is I don't know exactly. I think part of liking uncoverered cold sneezes best is to do with the fact that I view it as being especially naughty. I mean no-one could fail to realise that if they are doing that they are really doing all they can to spread the viruses about.

But why do I get turned on by the thought of a source of sneezing passing from person to person (even though I probably won't get to see the results).....well I don't know. I guess it's a bit like why do I get turned on by sneezing. For me it's not about the loss of control or anything else specific I can put my finger on. I just like it!

And no it's not the thought that lots of people gettting ill is better. It's literally just the thought of the naughty contagion floating about being inhaled by other people. It's far more important to me than the nurturing thing and I don't psarticularly like people having fevers. I think that might be related to the fact that sometimes causes then to vomit.....which I hate.

Yeah, that's it. The thought of someone feeling not quite well -- scratchy throat, run down -- blossoming into a contagious bunch of sneezing and coughing really gets me going. And then when someone else starts getting a sore throat, congestion and gets that same cold, well, even more appealing.

I love the thought of someone deliberately trying to catch a cold by being around someone who is sneezing and coughing. And the naughtiness of someone not being careful and letting their contagious germs get around for other people to pick up, well, I don't know why that turns me on so much, but it really really does, and it always has.

I love the idea of someone getting a bad cold and being looked after and lovingly cared for by someone who cares more about the caregiving than about the risk of catching the cold. And the big payoff comes when the caregiver catches that cold.

I don't think there is anything that turns me on more.

The scenario of someone with a cold who is quite contagious, yet denies being sick, refuses to stay at home, and thus spreads the cold to coworkers and friends is another favorite.

It's the naughtiness of being contagious and not taking care to keep your viruses to yourself that is appealing there. That the person cares more about denying having a cold than of being careful and preventing others from catching it is a tremendous turn-on.

What is it that I like about colds ? I have been thinking it over so many times.

The sound of the sneezes undoubtedly : I looooove the harsh and wet and deep sound.

And the hankies and noseblowing that come with a cold.

The sight of a used hanky, a package of throat losenges or other cold medicine on someone's desk is a mega turn-on.

I love the idea of a stressed business man coming down with a cold on a moment he cannot afford to be home sick and thus struggling with all the symptoms whilst working late.

No, it isn't the nurturing thing for me. Or the the fact that colds are contagious.

It does not involve others.

someone who cares more about the caregiving than about the risk of catching the cold.

THis is exactly it for me. I think it stems form my childhood when I was kind of made to feel that being contagious was bad and that contagious people were unloveable. The ultimate sign of caring was therefore loving someone enough to do this despite the risk to yourself!

well. I'm a hay fever man myself, but there are a couple of fine things about colds; the sheer messiness, for one....yum.

And regarding the technicalities of contagion, what really appeals is that the sneezer knows she is contagious and feels guilty about it and therefore is trying all the harder not to sneeze a huge uncovered sneeze all over everyone; and of course fails all the more obviously and is the more apologetic....

someone who cares more about the caregiving than about the risk of catching the cold.

THis is exactly it for me. I think it stems form my childhood when I was kind of made to feel that being contagious was bad and that contagious people were unloveable. The ultimate sign of caring was therefore loving someone enough to do this despite the risk to yourself!

Yes, this does it for me too.

But what really does it for me in contagion is the whole you-shouldn't-be-here factor. It's the apologetic aura around the contagious person - makes me want to pounce them, hug and cuddle them, tell them that I don't care if I catch it ( :wacko:), catch it and to be pampered in return by someone with a slightly guilty conscience and lovely afterglow of a cold. ;)

Thanks to everyone for all the interesting replies (which suggest that there are interesting variations among cold lovers, too).

I certainly get the idea that infecting others can be "naughty," and that not wanting to be infected but risking it anyway can be a kind of romantic gesture. That all makes sense.

I also figured that there could be an origin of this sort:

Vetinari also mentioned hating vomiting in her earlier post; I definitely can see that coming out of this sort of childhood experience as well. The whole fetish/emetophobia connection, which I have been quite convinced of by reading people's posts over the years, probably has its source in something like this.

As for me, I'm a combination sneeze fetish and sympathy fetish, so colds are much much better for getting sympathy from my boyfriend! I'll actually stand in front of the mirror practicing ways to look lovely yet totally helpless while sick (or faking sick)

• 2 weeks later...

I personally love cold sneezes, due to the caretaking aspect and the fact that they can be shared which is very intimate and am anxiously awaiting my gf to get one :whistle:

Just wanted to back everyone up and mention yet again that yeah, colds are sooo sexy. And fever is sexy. x_x Ohhh yeah. Fever in a man is much sexier than in a woman for me, just 'cause men and women "fit" together in a way that lets them take advantage of the extra warmth. Fever in my girlfriend just makes me feel bad for her, and I try to give her meds. XD I don't like the flu for specifically that reason: there's very little sneezing most of the time, as the flu is just a fever-induced achy hell with a sore throat. What worse disease of its class could you have? No fun! >P

But sneezing and runny noses and sniffling and used tissues and -- oh, jeeze, yes. @_@ Yum. To me, it's sexy because I LOVE having colds, and I don't get to have them that often. I want to have a cold so much that it just turns me on to no end to think I might get one. YEAH!

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I love cold sneezes best, but it's a bit complicated as well...

I am always paranoid I'm going to get sick so I find it sort of yuck when someone sneezes or has obvious cold symptoms near me, but at the same time I love it and can't help observing them closely...lol (without being too weirdly blatant about it of course!)

I think for me, the reason I love cold times is because like someone said earlier in this thread, it's "the time to sneeze"...it's stereotypically when everyone sneezes a LOT, so it's also the expectation that they'll sneeze many times, which is nice to look forward to...they also tend to be the type of sneeze I love, because they're more uncontrollable and leave the person more helpless to the sneezes than usual. Also, there are other symptoms I love that concern the nose, like sniffing, running (I don't want to actually SEE anything come out of the nose, but I like to know there is a runny nose going on that the person has to keep dabbing at or sniffing or whatever), snuffling, blowing, coughing, etc.

Also, if I do get a cold, a part of me is turned on by the thought of many sneezes. I HATE being sick though, so again, it's sort of complicated.

...it's stereotypically when everyone sneezes a LOT, so it's also the expectation that they'll sneeze many times, which is nice to look forward to...they also tend to be the type of sneeze I love, because they're more uncontrollable and leave the person more helpless to the sneezes than usual.

I'm the same way with this, I love it when it's outrageous and uncontrollable. SO hott :P Poor things... :D

Archived