Sneeze Fetish Forum

My constant thinking that we might pass a fetishist in our lives without knowing

jgj5480

So yesterday I was going down an escalator and this girl was going up the other. Our eyes locked, I being shy looked away briefly but then glanced at her again. Seems as though she never took her eyes off of me and then we flirted. Who knows if I will ever come in contact with her again. I always have this sense that even though we live in a huge world, many times it's much smaller than we think. These past few weeks I've had so many connections made (through work, personal life, etc.) that have led me to believe that it is a small world after all.

So because of this situation...and I could be totally wrong....but maybe that girl was a fellow fetishist. Yea I know - unlikely but you never know. And I wonder - how could we determine if in fact that's the case? I honestly think there are hundreds, thousands more out there that share this fetish with all of us but who haven't "come out" on here. And there are some in our forum who would never just approach some stranger and say..."hey....umm....are you a part of SFF?"

I know this sounds very weird, but is there a way we could establish a common phrase or something that would allow us to "test the waters" but not give our secret away?

I doubt I will ever see that girl again but it's still bothering me. :D

I know what you mean! This guy once talked to me at Kumby's and did nothing to let me believe he was fellow fetishist yet, Icould not shake the feeling that he was.

For a secret code any one this forum could know, would be awsome! Just walk up to a person and say something so stupid that has nothing to do with the fetish, but yet we would know if they were a fetish or not, and example:

I'm walking around and see this person who I think might have the fetish I go over to them and ask, "What did your car say to you last night?"

and a fellow fetishist response with, "I saw a towel naked."

No one else would know to say that... :D

I've had many such experiences where I'll make some sort of connection with a stranger in a crowd, and wonder if I've missed out on meeting my soul mate, or at least someone with whom I could have established a long standing relationship.

Although I agree with you that there are no doubt many more sneeze fetishists out there, it's still against the odds that a person you meet at random would be one of us. But I did have an experience many years ago, when I was still in high school, that I'm still kicking myself over. I was going to a yearbook production workshop with the other members of the yearbook committee. The moderator was driving, and we were sitting cross legged in the back of his van (the seats had been removed). One of the girls sneezed twice quite loudly (I'd known this girl since first grade and she had always been a great sneezer)! One of the other girls (who was quite cute) remarked, "You've really got a hard sneeze!" I thought it was interesting that this girl commented on the other girl's sneeze, but the next day, this same girl started talking about how her dad was doing some remodeling work on their house, and how all the dust was making her sneeze her head off. One of the other guys said something like "I hate when I have to sneeze," to which the girl replied "Well, I don't mind, I like to sneeze!" Well, needless to say, all of this sneezy conversation had me over the top, but it wasn't until later that I started to think that this was just too much of a coincidence, and this girl must have an interest in sneezing like mine! Unfortunately, I never acted on this information (there were no on-line sneeze fetish communities in the seventies, and until this time I thought I was the only person who had a love of sneezing), but to this day I wish I had talked to her about it. Perhaps she's even part of this community today, so if you're reading this, D, please send me a P.M.

Anyway, I really hope you do run in to the girl on the elevator again. But don't be a shy guy like me; ask her if she'd like to have a cup of coffee or something! :D

I never had any kind of mysterious unexplainable feeling. i did once see a girl race into my section of the book store after some guy in that section had just sneezed and start to anxiously look around at everyone in the section. Because I only care about and pay attention to female sneezes, and was thinking about other things as well, it didn't even click with me at the time. But later on i thought to myself, wait a minute :D that was probably a fetishist.

I'm walking around and see this person who I think might have the fetish I go over to them and ask, "What did your car say to you last night?"

and a fellow fetishist response with, "I saw a towel naked."

No one else would know to say that... :angry:

I love it :angry:

I think someone once posted that they had tried the phrase " Are you a friend of Bondi?" on a suspected fetishist. The trouble is that no one knows how to pronounce Bondi, not even Bondi.

It also struck me recently that , from what we gather, you are just as likely to meet a fetichist who never sneezes, or desperately tries not to sneeze and pretends not to like it, or indeed rushes from the room and hides in the lavatory sobbing if anyone sneezes [though this latter has the advantage of being a dead giveaway, really].

I know that the orthodox line is that we are very exclusive brethren; only a few months ago it was said there were only two thousand of us in the world, though some are prepared to go as high as twenty thouasnd, but all this makes me suppose that there are even more than we suspect.

At school, out of a year of about 120 , two people habitually induced in public, and I obviously did secretly, which suggests that other people may have done as well, or just in places I never saw. Add a couple of people who pretended to hate sneezing in public, and you'd have about five percent of the population.

And yes, a girl I met at a party once asked me to make her sneeze; sadly, my efforts with snuff failed both then and when I once went out with her. Should have gone with the matchstick, really. Unless of course she had a mental block....?

Five percent of world population is what, eighty million? My head hurts when maths tortures me.

To give an idea of the numbers we are using, 5% is 1 in 20, which would mean, on average more than one per class in a normal secondary school. I dont have clear fact, but Im sure we would know if it were that common. It would mean that at any one time, we would expect 30 members of parliament in the House of Commons (UK), and 5 US Senators to be fetishists. Plus one or 2 of the historical US presidents. This seems unlikely to me, Im sure we would have heard about it. for at least one of these people.

The numbers are hard to deal with, as there is pretty much no evidence available. We have just over 2000 members here, and if we say, what, 1 in 20 fetishists who are online register? That would make 100000 or so online fetishists. About 1 in 5 of the worlds population is online, which would give a very rough estimate of half a million fetishist in the world.

maybe 1 in 20 is too high, make it 1 in 100 who register and the numbers are more like 2 million of us worldwide.

If we guess that only north america, and Europeans can find the website (language differences?) then we can get as high as 6 million or so worldwide fetishists.

All this assumes that the distribution is even, and that there are no cultural differences, which seems extremely unlikely.

6 million is a nice number though, as there are about 6 billion people in the world (well 6.6 or so ;) ) so 6 million of us would mean 1 in 1000.

Folks, get some perspective!

People often induce - it's one of those "ha ha, isn't this funny" things kids and students do. Don't believe me? Go look on Youtube and see how many random clips people have filmed of inducing. These people are not fetishists, have no interest in the sneezing fetish. They are just goofing about.

Similarly, a lot of people like to sneeze. It's a funky release. Plenty of people will sneeze and tell you that it "felt good". That is not the same as being turned on by sneezing or by watching other people sneeze.

99% of sneeze fetishists would rather die than induce in a public place or talk in public about how they like sneezing.

If you want to meet and/ or date a fetishist then do it through this site. Your chances are a million times better.

There's no harm in wondering if that person you passed could've been one of us ... a bit of fantasising is a key part of enjoying this fetish in my experience. But the reality is, we are a small and select bunch. Which is fine by me.

Yes, well I was pitching it a bit high for effect [and O level maths doesn't seem to have helped me much] and I'm sure Gruft is nearer the mark.

However, the fact is that for three years at school there were indeed two inducers in my form ; and this is not just inducing once as a joke, but consistently , say for half an hour at a time every day; and what teenage boy would show such application to anything that didn't involve some sexual pleasure? In fact often I would watch these people induce all lesson, then hurry off to the train home, where I would induce myself.

And we know that not everyone is so shy. Many people here would like to sneeze in public more. And welcome attention.

It was really that that prompted me. For every as it were obvious sneezer, there really ought to be at least one corresponding shy sneezer. I agree that the big question is what a fetishist is; we're excluding people who just get some sexual pleasure from sneezing themselves, and limiting it to those who like other people's sneezes.

And I agree, the mystery is that we do not know of historical figures who had the fetish [except Ivor Novello]. But until quite recently anything sexual was kept out of biographies. I mean gayness was banned until 1967 , when it was legalised and Holroyd wrote his biography of Strachey. We now know that Tiberius liked being bitten by naked boys, but this wasn't exactly general knowledge before. And no one would notice if say James I and VI hugged his boyfriends especially hard when they sneezed on him. Perhaps somewhere there is the story of a Chinese Emperor who chose his concubines by their sneeezing ability [outside my fantasy, that is].

But the awful truth is that we never know, because the girl who sits in the corner desperately stifling sneeze after gorgeous sneeze is just as likely to be one of us as we are.

I want the secret phrase or shake for SURE!

I have dated a guy who i suspected was a fetishist but he told me all his kinks and fetishes he claimed....but still just the other day at my party he told my best friend that her sneeze was cute and made a big deal over how cute it was...and I was like hmmmm.... :-D He used to put his hand on my leg after sneezy allergy commercials too!

PLUS another guy asked me if I needed to sneeze when my nose itched from vicodin I was taking for a torn tendon. he got really excited and hopped up in bed...I was like not it just itches, and he was like oh and laid back down

I think there are more people out there that are fetishists...I mean how many people keep adding into the forum only JUST realizing there are mroe people out there...?

haha...i like that "What did your car say to you last night?"

we should definately have a secret phrase or something...that would be awesome!

That's interesting! I was thinking a similar question to this the other day...

I've always wondered exactly how many of us there really are. By the looks of YouTube these days, almost anyone seems questionable. I continuously wonder if any good friend of mine is a sneeze fetishist. Of course, we all know the likelihood of this happening is very, very low, but it's always fun to wonder.

I bet we meet or pass by plenty of sneeze fetishist without knowing it. For the people that induce with a bunch of friends on youtube...I can almost gurantee at least one person (the one who said to do it usually) has the fetish. No one wants to admit to a fetish no matter what it is because its personal...there are some daring people that do admit it in public but they are the exception. I give credit to the people that can do it, it take balls for that.

I sometimes wonder if my friends have it or my students. This one guy sneezed and I blessed him and he said thank you and smiled for a minute...I was about to die inside but I was thinking...maybe he is dying inside too since he really enjoyed me blessing him.

I think it would be better to meet people through this forum because you know the person has a fetish instead of asking blindly.

I always figured just referencing the forum in some way would be enough. A simple, "You ever know a guy named Bondi, by any chance?" or something like that.

ive used that as a cacth phrase when talking to people in *non open* settings, like work... "hey...do you know Bondi?" seems to work fairly well...incidentally.. i wonder what Bondi thinks about it....

• 3 weeks later...

We could have pins, like the Masons. :D Jewelry or something with that SF symbol on it, if there was a way to do that.

I like the idea of asking someone what their car said to them last night, but I wouldn't actually use it. Way too afraid of how people think of me. Asking people if they know Bondi is fairly subtle, though - how do most people pronounce it? "Bohn-dee"?

HAHA! Oh man, I'd almost completely forgotten about that day!

The guy who posted about using the Bondi thing was ME! :crutch: It was when I was working at a burger joint in downtown Halifax. Engaged a girl a couple days in a row in conversations about sneezing (using my skills at fakes and pretending I was having allergy problems :twisted:) and she blessed me in a very excited-sounding way ("Oh, bless YOU! That was a big one!) and her responses in general seemed very... well, enthused, and not exactly typical friendliness. I decided on the second day to go out to her table while she was eating and do this one:

"Hey. I was just wondering... and please, if I'm wrong about this, think NOTHING of it - but does the name "Bondi," or "Bondi" maybe, mean anything to you?" (I did both pronunciations, Bohn-DIE and Bohn-DEE)

Her response, unfortunately: "No... Can't say that it does. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, no reason. Thought you might have been someone I knew from the internet. Weird how little things can make you think in strange directions, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Good luck finding your friend! *winning smile*"

"Thanks. *knowing grin*"

Incidentally, I'm not one who usually hides the fetish (I'm probably one of the more open people on the forums about it, I dare say :cheers:), but I decided that going full-on open with a complete stranger while at my place of employment was, to put not too fine a point on it, a completely fucking retarded idea. :angelsad:

Incidentally, I also wonder what Bondi thinks of this (and how HE chooses to pronounce his moniker :wheels:)

Incidentally, I'm not one who usually hides the fetish (I'm probably one of the more open people on the forums about it, I dare say :D), but I decided that going full-on open with a complete stranger while at my place of employment was, to put not too fine a point on it, a completely fucking retarded idea. :cry:

Probably :bawl:

yeah wherever i go i always wonder if there is people near me that have the fetish....that would be cool if there was like a code for all fetishists...maybe one of the plastic bracelets....lol :P

Dunno how he pronounces it personally, but I always thought it was related to Bondi Beach in Australia (turned out I was wrong LOL He just picked it for the sheer hell of it).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived