Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Great Snot In Your Pocket Debate

Kleeny

So, the main argument against using handkerchiefs is that you've blown your nose into it, then put it back in your pocket, which is gross etc, but how many people have you seen put a used tissue back in their pocket?

I have see loads over the years, people re-using their tissue, putting back in their handbag, pocket etc, and use the tissue until it is just a mere thread. At least with handkerchiefs it stays in one whole, rather than a tissue which rips. I think I prefer it when people use a fresh tissue fror each major blow.

I love tissues, don't get me wrong, but sometimes the "snot in your pocket" argument doesn't stand up.

Well I rarely ever put a used tissue back in my pocket. Most of the time it seems I'm fairly close to a garbage can and I can throw it out right away. If I'm ever out somewhere and I need to blow my nose and there is no garbage can near by, then I will reluctantly shove it in my pocket. It does get thrown out though as soon as I pass an available garbage can.

It's not so much the "snot in the pocket" phenom I find disgusting... it's the idea of KEEPING snot period. I'm sorry, but if I can't throw it out, forget it! There's no way I'm blowing my nose into something that I then have to put in my LAUNDRY with all my other clothes.... *gag*

I quite agree with Kleeny that you see people pulled used tissues out and reuse them all the time. As for the laundry issue, I wash my hankies along with other items and it doesn't bother me one bit, but if this is a barrier for some people you could wash them separately. Another point to consider is that used hankies are not nearly as gross as you might think; once the snot dries you hardly know it's there (at least most of the time).

god_bless_allergies
It's not so much the "snot in the pocket" phenom I find disgusting... it's the idea of KEEPING snot period. I'm sorry, but if I can't throw it out, forget it! There's no way I'm blowing my nose into something that I then have to put in my LAUNDRY with all my other clothes.... *gag*

you could always wash just your hankies , so that it wont be washed with your other clothes

Dear oh dear, you young people.... You BOIL your hankies to make them all right again. Isn't that when you put the starch in? Or is it sprayed on? If you washed them separately you'd have to fill the copper twice every Monday.

Incidentally, has anyone ever noticed any ill effect on a pocket, sleeve or pair of knickers from having a hankie kept in it? Far more potentially disgusting seems to be this extraordinary idea of sneezing on to one's sleeve; exactly what used to be regarded as the action of the cheery street urchin.

you could always wash just your hankies , so that it wont be washed with your other clothes

Its called time :P

We dont have much of it.Haha.

And I personally like to use tissues, thank you. I would use a hanky.... but mom would killme.

If there's no available garbage receptacle, I'll put a tissue back in my pocket. Big deal! I don't have a handkerchief, by the way.

Far more potentially disgusting seems to be this extraordinary idea of sneezing on to one's sleeve; exactly what used to be regarded as the action of the cheery street urchin.

I'm glad you brought this up, Count. This sneezing into your sleeve concept is being touted as the epitome of good manners and hygeine, but if it's not O.K. to place a used hanky in your pocket, then how can it be any better to walk around rubbing other's elbows with a snotty sleeve?

Archived