Sneeze Fetish Forum

Something... (David Cook, m)

Jazz

Title: Something... (based on the Beatles' song, for the record)

Author: Caedere.

Fandom: American Idol Season 7

Summary: David's feeling a bit under the weather, and his roomate is more than willing to help him feel better.

Pairings: David Cook/Jason Castro

Disclaimer: If I owned David Cook, it'd be fun for me....not for him. Unfortunately, I don't.

Jason’s only clue that the man lying still on the couch sleeping was the echo of a snore, barely audible over the quiet patter of rain against cool glass. Dismally gray fragments of light peeked in through the blinds and painted lines across his face, cascading across his parted lips and slightly red nose.

Other than the quiet tick of a clock situated beside the window, the quiet breathing of David, and the steady drum of raindrops, there was no noise in the room.

The older man shifted a little from his spot on the couch, squirming for a moment before relaxing against the soft leather again. Jason couldn’t help but smile at this, finding the man’s tiniest quirks and behaviors amusing. Really, he always had. Ever since the first day that he’d laid eyes on the used-to-be bartender, he was captivated.

A disapproving sigh came quietly from Jason’s lips as he saw the flush in his partner’s cheeks. Fever, perhaps? It seemed to enhance the rough-around-the-edges innocence that composed his face and yet, softened his features significantly.

“Something in the way he moves attracts me like no other lover….” Jason sang quietly to himself, running a hand through David’s hair gently. In light of the fact that it was Beatles week, he’d started listening to more songs. That one in particular, Something, quickly became one of his favories. David’s eyes fluttered open for a brief moment and he looked at Jason, rubbing at his eyes tiredly.

“Sleep well?” he asked softly.

“Best I’ve ever slept.” David said sarcastically, closing his eyes again and sniffling quietly. Jason couldn’t help but notice how hoarse the other man’s voice sounded. Worse than that, he was supposed to perform tonight. He was beginning to worry how well that would turn out.

“You sure you’ll be okay singing tonight?” Jason asked, concern lacing his voice.

“It’s not like I ha…hahhhh...ah'Ihshhhh! ehh'Hishhuhh! have a choice, do I?” he said, laughing quietly.

“No, I guess not. But we’ve still got a few hours before we have to be in make up, so you should probably get some sleep.”

“Hmmm?” the man slurred, rubbing at drooping eyelids with the back of his hand. He released a loud yawn, obscured and muffled by a throw pillow almost directly in front of his face now.

“Exactly,” Jason smiled. “You aren’t allowed to go home tomorrow. I won’t let you.”

“I don’t thi- ihh-heh...heh'Ihhshh! thidk that’s goidg to be up to you, Jasod.” David said in a voice thick with congestion, rubbing at the underside of his nose with the sleeve of his jacket.

“Just go back to sleep, alright?” David went to protest, but his words were drawn out into yet another yawn and he nodded, slowly being lulled back to sleep by the rhythmic tapping of the rain.

He rolled over, facing the back of the couch and relaxed a bit. Within minutes, he was sound asleep and snoring. A small smile played on Jason’s lips.

“Something in the way he woos me…”

He was falling hard and fast for David Cook, and he knew it, regardless of how sniffly he was at the moment.

Bam! It's finally up. You can thank Bongo for reminding me again and again that I needed to post at least one part of it soon.

Sorry it's not the best, it'll get better.

i loved it!

I adore that pairing and this totally made my morning!

Can't wait for more!!!

ohh that's cute <3

I like this m/m pairing too ;3

don't wory about your story! Everyone has their own style and I like yours, even if you think it's "not the best"

Omigosh. I'm not a big fan of m/m pairings but this was exceptionally adorable. Not only the sneezing but the yawning too! The writing was excellent too! Therefore I think it's safe to say that this is a success so far. :)

Archived