Sneeze Fetish Forum

Question for allergy sufferers (pollen)

PetalsAndThorns

Ok, well I have no allergies that make me sneeze so I was wonder if some kind allergy sufferers on this forum could answer a question I have for a story/comic I want to make.

Basically I'm wondering how someone's allergies would react in this situation. The severity of the persons allergies is that they can reduce the symptoms well with allergy medication, enough that they can take a trip in the Spring to a forest for a project. The underlying plot is that there is an accident and the person is stuck in the forest without enough medication to last as long as they need. Seeing as they can't exactly get out there's no way for them to escape their allergens. Basically I'm wondering what happens when you have an allergy attack and the allergen is not removed? Does it tone down and stop for the time being? Does it get to a point where you end up not able to breath and would die if not able to get the correct medicine?

Does it tone down and stop for the time being? Does it get to a point where you end up not able to breath and would die if not able to get the correct medicine?

I think it varies from person to person, with a range of responses that could be anywhere in between the two extremes you describe. In other words, I think you would be correct to have the character in your story respond anywhere along that continuum, as best suits the plot of your story. Good luck; I'm hoping you'll post the story when it's done! :P

I have to agree with shy guy. It could really be anywhere between those two extremes. I believe it is rare, but it is possible to go into anaphylaxis from prolonged pollen exposure. I'm not sure you'd want to go that extreme... It's a lot more common to suffer from asthma with pollen allergies, and again with that you could make it be mild breathing problems or very severe where they will die without an inhaler. This is only a suggestion, but if if you want to take the allergy problems to the far death threatening extreme then it would be a good idea to have the character take an epi-pen with him/her just in case. Though just to let you know, those things only provide temporary relief and one would often need medical attention after using an epi-pen. Not speaking from experience there, this is just what I was told when my doctor made me get an epi-pen just in case when I had allergy testing done.

From my personal experience I can tell you that my pollen allergies have never been so extreme to be life threatening, but I do have other allergies that are more serious. I get a lot of asthma problems if exposed to smoke, strong perfume, and other various chemicals. I do have an inhaler I can use, but I find that even with the inhaler, I'm not going to get much better unless I get away from what's bothering me.

Than you both so much for replying! I am aiming for a non-life threatening reaction and I'm glad that there are some ways to not have that happen and still have it be relatively realistic. This information is much appreciated!

Good luck; I'm hoping you'll post the story when it's done! :P

Thanks! I definitely hope to!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived