You may never understand

How the stranger is inspired

But he isn't always evil

And he is not always wrong

Though you drown in good intentions

You will never quench the fire

You'll give in to your desire

When the stranger comes along.

These are among the lyrics of "The Stranger" by Billy Joel. I'm wondering if it's just me who feels it has a hidden meaning to a fetishist? Think about it. Especially those last few lines. I feel sometimes like the fetishist part of me is the "stranger" no one knows, and that I'm hiding that "face" away. So, does anyone else understand me?

And if you do, become my personal therapist answer me this: Is the fetishist in you the stranger or the real you?

Thanks for bearing with me! :clapping:

Interesting.

I understand, but I don't want to become your personal therapist XD

But I'll answer.

The fetishist in me and me aren't entirely separate. I actually have a lot of different sides all mixed up in each other. They tend to fight at times, and one comes out on top and becomes me, and sometimes they will peacefully give me one of them. Sometimes they end up mashing into each other. My fetishist side tends to be more hidden. It doesn't really like to be seen. It comes out occasionally and says hi, though, especially when I'm with friends.

-Kit'n

Helter Skelter

But lots of people feel that way for whatever reason, not just fetishists. I don't get why it would have special meaning to us in particular *shrugs* The song discusses some fairly universal emotions- just look at the first line :clapping:

I know it's universal, but an example of what the lyrics might be explaining... you know?

Thanks, both of you. :clapping:

Helter Skelter

Oops, sorry. I fail at reading :clapping:

Can't think of an example right now, but I get what you mean now.

well, i would say i'm fairly open about my fetish...so it wouldnt be my inner stranger.

to be quite honest, my inner stranger, who remains more and more hidden these days, is the me who is shy and quiet. Two if my jobs require me to be very outgoing, and in charge, when inside, im cringing and just wanting to scurry back to my bed to hide. but, in a way, i treat this stranger, like i do all strangers. spend time with them to get to know them. so... when im alone, i get to hide away, and just be that person...

theer seem to be many people who hide their fetish, and even seem to try to run and hide FROM their fetish. it would appear to me, that for them, the fetish side would be their stranger.

Wow! That's really cool! I might not have thought of that myself if I'd just heard the song or read the lyrics, but when I think about it, YES! That fits so well! Especially kinda the "it isn't always evil" 'cus I'm sure a lot of fetishists feel a lot of the time that their fetish is wrong. I think the song it's self is talking about secrets and the way you truly act when your comfortable, like around your family, you usually act different around other people and maybe that more relaxed person along with your secrets is "the stranger". But I feel like a hidden fetish is a hidden hint in the song for all those out there, but I also think that maybe everyone had their own deepest secret that that song explains to them.

As for your last question, I personally feel quite in control of my fetish and in fact I'm usually not always attracted to sneezes in real life. However I've never been in a deep relationship with anyone to confessed my fetish to. Personally, I don't even feel ashamed, it's a side of my personality that adds depth to my character. Of course, I also know no one who sneezes a lot so that might make things a little more awkward if I did.

Any way, I'm not sure how well that went as an answer for your question, but I tried :P Great question though! An interesting point!

Guest SneezyB

to be an inner stranger means that you are hiding a part of yourself

to acknowledge that u have a sneezing fetish is to release that hidden part

so wheres this stranger you speak of

Archived