Sneeze Fetish Forum

acquiring photic sneezing?

sneezybreezy

This is my 100th post! YAY!

So I know that allergies can be acquired over time, but my question is what about photic sneezing?

I am planning on doing my own little version of mythbusters thing on this...whenever I'm in a dark place, I'm going to induce and turn on the light and look at it when I'm about to sneeze, I'll do this for awhile and then do the same thing when I go outside. Hopefully as an end result, I will turn into a photic sneezer, since I view it as a superpower..next to flying. haha. (This is using the pavlog's dog psychology method)

You know its odd...im not a photic sneezer at all WISH I WAS...but I do find that needing to sneeze in the dark, or sneezing in the light is often helped by light. Is this true for everyone...or does this make me mildly photic? :D

Hmm, I'm not sure if this something you can develop or not. I know I've had it all my life. I've read that this trait is just a genetic quirk. Something to do with that in some people when the optic nerve gets over loaded, then it effects whatever nerve causes sneezing.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this something you can develop or not. I know I've had it all my life. I've read that this trait is just a genetic quirk. Something to do with that in some people when the optic nerve gets over loaded, then it effects whatever nerve causes sneezing.

I have this in a very mild form.

My grandpa had it...my partner has it but also in a mild form...

I find I'll only sneeze photically if my nose is already slightly itchy/irritated. I can also bring on a sneeze by looking at the sun or bright light, when it otherwise would probably just fade and disappear.

It is genetic, I don't think you can develop it. I think (though I could be wrong) that all babies do this (I have always presumed it was a protective mechanism to prevent them damaging their eyes when they are too young to understand they shouldn't look at the sun). Some people just don't grow out of it. I think it is possible to get better at using it though. I can now induce using that method much better than I used to be able to.

I actually tried an experiment similar to the one mentioned and it didn't work :P

Then I found out later in Biology that it's actually a genetic thing.....darn it! If anyone finds anything proving me wrong, let me know!

So I know that allergies can be acquired over time,

I want to know how!!!!!! :P

I want to know how!!!!!! :o

having a kid worked for me LMAO Never had allergies (except to excessive pollution, and that wasn't a simple sneezy reaction) before getting pregnant.

I wanna get pregnant too! :o

Lamborghini

What! Why? :unsure:

Yeah, my experiment isn't really working that well, I got bored with it too and stopped. The same thing happens to me as stevie_sloth that when my nose is irritated and I look up into the light the sneeze comes. I guess I can be satisfied with that.

I want to know how!!!!!! :D

having a kid worked for me LMAO Never had allergies (except to excessive pollution, and that wasn't a simple sneezy reaction) before getting pregnant.

I've already had three. It's getting a bit expensive......

• 2 weeks later...

Archived