Sneeze Fetish Forum

When Did You Learn to Stifle?

StrongUnderneath

When did you learn to stifle?

Just curious...because the other day at work, one of the kids who is like preschool/kindergarten age stifled a sneeze. I definitely didn't know how to stifle when I was that age.

I know I was in jr high when I started to stifle most of my sneezes. When I learned? I haven't a clue.

At the age of 20, I have absolutely no idea how to stifle. The closest I ever got was forcing my eyes open while sneezing, and it transformed the sneeze into a cough. I have a friend who stifled when she was about eight. It terrified me. I thought she was dying.

I sort of naturally developed the ability or skill, or whatever you wanna call it. I just tested it out one time just to see if I was able to, and I was. Just try that. You are putting to much pressure on yourself probably because you wanna be able to do it so bad. I hated stifling the sneeze; I did not get the relaxing feeling I normally get after sneezing.

When I was a child, more or less eight years old, I already stifled some sneezes... I learned alone and don't know how I've made it.

The only way that I can stifle is if I pinch my nose shut, but I know many people who can stifle a sneeze to almost complete silence with no outwardly visible signs (a tragic waste, in my opinion). I suppose that the ability to stifle has something to do with the strength or sensitivity of the sneeze reflex, which varies greatly from person to person. As for very young children who stifle, I suspect that some are taught to do so by their parents, or perhaps learn to stifle on their own in order to avoid parental attention to their sneezes.

I learned how to stifle when I was about 5, but I hated it. I am personally not a fan at all of stifles, and hence, I don't do it unless I feel REALLY uncomfortable sneezing aloud (because I have very vocal ones :D ) like at my parent's house. I did however see this woman teaching her 8 year old son how to stifle in a Subway I was working at the time, and when he got it right she gave him a cookie. I had to sigh at that.

I've seen kindergarten children stifling sneezes. It made me wonder, too, how they learned that.

Okami, are you serious? Giving the kid a cookie for not sneezing? That's like training your dog to roll over. :D

As for me, I think I was 10 or so. I was in my bedroom, playing with my tape recorder, and I caught a sneeze. I hated the way it sounded in playback, so I forced myself to stifle, or make the sneeze completely disappear.

I was one of those kids that stifled when they were little (probably kindergarten or first grade), I was very shy and almost nonexistant in the room with talking,sneezing,etc. I was never taught how to stifle, I just liked being silent. I am able to stifle without anyone hearing/knowing that I sneezed which works well when I don't want to sneeze during a presentation or in front of parents.

I like letting them out now or partial stifling.

Who would teach thier child to stifle? especially with a cookie?

I did however see this woman teaching her 8 year old son how to stifle in a Subway I was working at the time, and when he got it right she gave him a cookie.

It's a good thing I wasn't her kid; I'd rather sneeze than have a cookie any day! :D

Guest Kessie

I was 8 years old when I started stifling. That's the age I first remember anyone (my mother) acknowledging a sneeze out of me and being so horrified and so confused that I never sneezed around her or anyone ever again.

up until april i had been stifling for as long as i can remember .... since i was 8 or younger

i know why i started i was mimicing my mom who stifles her sneezes all the time

i remember doing it to prevent the "mess"

i had tons of difficulty learning to un stifle my sneezes.... which i did for my bf who has the fetish and cant stand them

now i dont do it nemore

in my opinion... easy to learn...just hold ur nose....

but a bear to undo!

I learned how to stifle when I was about 5, but I hated it. I am personally not a fan at all of stifles, and hence, I don't do it unless I feel REALLY uncomfortable sneezing aloud (because I have very vocal ones :D ) like at my parent's house. I did however see this woman teaching her 8 year old son how to stifle in a Subway I was working at the time, and when he got it right she gave him a cookie. I had to sigh at that.

That's weird! he isn't a dog!

up until april i had been stifling for as long as i can remember .... since i was 8 or younger

i know why i started i was mimicing my mom who stifles her sneezes all the time

i remember doing it to prevent the "mess"

i had tons of difficulty learning to un stifle my sneezes.... which i did for my bf who has the fetish and cant stand them

now i dont do it nemore

in my opinion... easy to learn...just hold ur nose....

but a bear to undo!

that was nice that you did that for your bf!

I'm not sure at what age I learned to stifle, probably pretty young. I never liked sneezing in public or in front of people! :blushing:

a little while back i learned

I'm interested to find out how!!! I've always wanted to learn to stifle :)

Sternuto, shush hon.

Archived