Sneeze Fetish Forum

Fetish back long ago? Like hundreds of years?

Poppy

Alright, this might seem like a REALLY dumb question, but....

Do you think people back in like the renisance times had sneezing fetishes? :)

Like, in all of those time periods, do you think it could be possible that they had sneezing fetishes, but they didnt know it was a fetish?

Or even possibly there's 90 year olds with sneezing fetishes?

What do you think?

Alright, this might seem like a REALLY dumb question, but....

Do you think people back in like the renisance times had sneezing fetishes? :drool:

Like, in all of those time periods, do you think it could be possible that they had sneezing fetishes, but they didnt know it was a fetish?

Or even possibly there's 90 year olds with sneezing fetishes?

What do you think?

I would think so. As far as that '90 year old'... I would guess that yes, there are 90 year olds with a sneezing fetish. :)

Sternuto... i think you just made me snort... *cackles*

Well, we've talked about this so many times, wondering if it was genetic or not, as it seems to be a consensus opinion that it is in fact genetic. If we are correct, then I would say most assuredly that there were people in older times with the fetish. it probably didn't get as much attention as it does now, possibly due to the fact that sexuality has been taboo for much of history (at least in certain cultures). It might be interesting to see if there are cryptic references to it throughout preserved works. *ahh...if only i had the time to do ancient sexuality research*

Edit: ok...so not so much a taboo, but at least not talked about as openly as it is now in many cultures.

Imagine finding pieces of an old civilization where sneezing is the center of the erotica...? Oh how scientists would be puzzled, and we would just giggle. :consoling:

Some things like nylon or rubber fetishes could not really have existed historically. But why would sneezing be any different now or 500 years ago? I think we are reasonable evidence that it occurs in most types of people, across genders, and regions (we are mostly english speaking, but do have members from around the globe), so I dont see any reason why we should expect people in the past should have been different.

Well, I think there may have been far more persecution if someone admitted to having a sneezing fetish in the middle ages (bubonic plague, anyone?), but I can't see there not being a single person who didn't have it :consoling:

Gotta love double negatives :drool:

It might not be new. We have no way of finding the exact origins b/c of the internet. Thank God for the internet (or Al Gore, I never know. :devil2: ) Without the internet, would we actually know there was such a fetish? I think not. So it's not neccessarily a new concept. I think the same goes for all fetishes too.

Well yeah, we'd all know, 'cause we'd have it. :lol: We just might not know whether there was anyone else who had it.

Example: I'd still think I was the only one if I'd never found the online SF community, but I've known I had an "interest" in it for as long as I can remember, and I learned the word "fetish" at around 14.

In terms of it existing a long time ago... sure, I bet it did. I mean, as well as I can remember it seemed instinctive to me to associate sneezing & arousal, so maybe there's a genetic factor to it - and maybe that genetic factor was around hundreds of years ago. :D Or, maybe it's just a result of some weird association we make in very early childhood, and it certainly seems plausible that such an association could have been made by a person living in that time. So I'd say yes. :rolleyes:

If the fetish is linked back to genetics, then a long time ago there was probably a common ancestor of this gene or "founder" of the fetish, (whether he/she knew about it or not), that passed thier genes on and on for generations. I think it would be cool to find out what and where the gene is on the chromosome, as well as who the original person that had the fetish was. It makes it seem like this forum is closer than we think!

I agree with lynne that they probably got persecuted if anyone knew about it. It was probably something they did in private so people wouldn't think they were witches or something along those lines.

Also, I agree with TYS, that they would know that they had the fetish but they would think that they were the only ones that had it.

For as long as there were humans around who sneezed, there is a likelihood that at least one of them had a tingly feeling around others who sneezed - (me thinks).

YES I am sure that also in history the fetish existed, and that people knew it was a fetish.

Let's take a look at the Netherlands around 1700. That were the glory days of the East Indian Company.

Dutch traders were making big money by importing spices from the east. And something all those new rich had in common...

they lived a luxury life. Wanted to have fun. Sexual pleasure too. And... USED A SNUFF BOX !

There were windmills especially constructed for the production of snuff. Many kinds were available, mostly mixed with all kinds of (expensive) spices like pepper.

It was common practice to put some snuff up the nose when in company of other (wealthy) people, even ladies !

I think it must have gone out of fashion as soon as scientists made a link between sneezing and the spread of diseases.

And as regards your second question : when I am 90 I will still be a sneeze fetishist.

C

i am sure there have been sneeze fetishists for almost as long as mankind has walked the earth. I am also willing to bet there are many older people that have the fetish that never told anyone, never accessed a computer, etc. I know i will still be a fetishist when i am 90 :D

Archived