Sneeze Fetish Forum

Can you sneeze in your sleep?

Honkytonklagoon

I know it's possible. I slept with a girl once who sneezed while she was sleeping. I liked those sneezres better because she didn't hold them in :nohappy:

It certainly is possible to sneeze in your sleep without being woken up, for some people at least. It happened (happens?) to my former partner on at least two occasions (these are things you remember, as KoftheR implies!), three perfectly relaxed and full sneezes. How can you sleep after that ?

Whenever my roomate was sick in college she would almost always sneeze in her sleep. She would not wake up from it but I always did. I thought it was amusing but it didn't turn me on or anything. It is possible to sneeze in your sleep but i don't think its that popular, or documented well.

I recall seeing a former friend of mine, A (I've posted obs about her previously, I believe), sneeze in her sleep a good six or seven times on a camping trip. She was sensitive to smoke and pollen, and had also been sneezing a lot the night and day before... come to think of it, I may have to mosey over to Observations later and write about that.... ;)

Lamborghini
I don't know about myself, but my wife does it everyonce in a while.

Not that it's obvious from your name, but you do like your wife's sneeze don't you? :devil2:

Lamborghini

I've never heard of this. From what it sounds like, it's probably happened to a good number of us, whether we realize or not. That said, I don't have any knowledge of sneezing while I was asleep.... and I don't remember hearing anyone else do it.

Would be an interesting experience, though.

I'm sure it's possible. Easy way to check: When you're in bed with your wife while she's sleeping, take some pepper and... :devil2:

Isnt it odd that pretty much everyone who has replied here says that it is possible, and the article says that it is not. I would love to know if he has any evidence, or if he is just giving an opinion (based on his knowledge). The page doesnt really give any references, or talk about the degree of fact, he just says its not possible, because of this... I would like to know how the research was done, not just to watch :rolleyes: but its interesting to know how sneeze research is done.

How can they say that its NOT possible? My God! :hug:

Someone has cat allergies. They go to sleep. A cat curls up on their stomach. WHATS GONNA HAPPEN!?!?!?! :D

Hmm.... I must find a little girl asleep that has cat allergies and find out! :bleh:

:) behave you, or i might just come sprinkle sneezing powder on you while you sleep!

:bleh: wait.. that sounds like a good idea anyway.... :D

Actually both you guys AND the article can be right. Because it is, in fact, only in certain parts of your sleep you are unable to sneeze. It is only in the REM fase (rapid eye movement fase) that the nerve impulses does not move on to our brain. This fase is only about 25% of our sleeping time, and in that fase all the other reflexsive responses are also paused.

So, in all other parts of your sleep (the rest 75%) you are actually capeble of sneezing :drool: Or (Ahem, Chui and Sternuto) making others sneeze :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only one I've ever heard do this is my brother :laugh: 'Though I'm sure at least some of you would think it's :drool: He tends to sneeze in bunches.

Archived