Sneeze Fetish Forum

sneezing powder

Guest 2gunruth

Guest 2gunruth

alright, so what is the deal with sneezing powder

does it exist?

does it work?

anyone have any experience?

girlfriend is having some issues,she wants to induce but not much is working for her. she expressed the idea of trying to find some. i, despite many years of reading this forum, couldnt honestly say i remembered too much discussion about it. although, i thought i did remember seeing someone say a while back that it didn't work that well...or something.

so, what's the good word on it?

anyone?

All sneezing powder really is, is fine ground pepper for the most part.

So, it's commercially sold as 'sneezing powder'.

I've heard from many a source that it doesn't work too well, bar the fact that it makes your nose burn.

But then, I've heard from a few people as well that have said it was successful.

My suggestion? Do your research on it before you buy some.

I used to buy the novelty sneezing powder at the stores. "Blow a pinch in the air, and watch everybody start sneezing!". Well... a young sneeze fetishist would HAVE to buy this! It never worked. Hell... I even snorted it, and only got a mild irritation.

Now... online you can buy a sneezing powder (that actually has been used in several sneeze fetish videos). It claims that if you "sprinkle in an office, automobile or small room... non stop sneezing fits will follow". Well... an older sneeze fetishist would HAVE to buy this! It never worked. Hell.... I even snorted it, and only sneezed a couple of times.

An older member of this forum (who is now inactive) used to say that a mixture of 1/2 white pepper and 1/2 ginger powder worked well for him. I've never tried it.

ive tried it and my gf has tried it, it makes me feel like i have to but it never happens, and it made my gf's nose burn but it didnt make her sneeze :whistle:

my advice= go try it, its inexpensive, so hope for the best

It could be that sneezing powder is not in fact the same substance in the different countries where it was sold. I remember buying some in London a long time ago, and it was very effective indeed. But it had Niespulver written on it, so it was obviously imported. When I next went for a refill a couple of years later, the shopkeeper told me it had been withdrawn on health grounds, and sold me another - which never worked at all.

So that might be part of the answer. The really effective stuff represented a health risk, so what we have now is pretty innocuous, but not particularly effective either.

Snap! Oh, sorry if that really is an obscenity in America; but no one will tell me what it means.

I mean, I too bought some "Niespulver" in London long ago, but later could not find it.

Does anyone happen to know what the active ingredient was that was subsequently banned? There is some idea that it was a by-product of the coal industry or the like.

Seems to have been dianisidine or a derivative (a chlorosulfonate salt possibly). Systematic name 3,3'-DIMETHOXYBENZIDINE

Anyone know any friendly chemists :whistle: ??

Seems to have been dianisidine or a derivative (a chlorosulfonate salt possibly). Systematic name 3,3'-DIMETHOXYBENZIDINE

Anyone know any friendly chemists :whistle: ??

Where's Chui when ya need her hahah ;P

*snort* you rang?

ok... so i had to do a bit of research on this chemical, and all information is from Center for Disease Control (CDC) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).

Based upon its properties, the chemical known as dianisidine (3,3'-DIMETHOXYBENZIDINE) is listed as a hazardous material. Originally a component in many dyes, it has been shown to be an irritant to humans via eye/nose contact, ingestion, skin absorption and inhalation. It can lead to irritation of the skin as well as kidney and liver damage and thyroid and spleen changes. In addition, it has been shown to lead to bladder, liver, stomach and mammary tumors classifying it as a carcinogen (a potential occupational carcinogen for handlers).

All information is courtesy the CDC: o-dianisidine

Given its ability to irritate the nasal passages, this could quite possibly have been a wonderful sneeze-inducer, unfortunately, the risks outweigh the benefits even for us.

So... perhaps a good thing that you guys aren't able to find this... Niespulver anymore. :whistle::)

Guest 2gunruth

ooohh

no, no

we don't want to use any hazardous chemicals, thank ya very much

thanks for the info, everyone!

especially chui for the science lesson :)

To be fair it is a suspected carcinogen. It isnt in the same league as nuclear waste :laugh:

Still, it isnt legal to sell for the purposes of causing sneezing, so its off limits even if it were harmless.

This topic got me really excited since I'm an organic chemist. (I'm trying to think of multiple ways to make it :laugh: haha ) I wouldn't try it because of the health risks. Also, there might be a low purity or yield if I made it my lab rats made it (aka undergraduates).

From this thread, I realized that I started sneezing a lot more this year and I've been in the organic lab almost all day everyday. I know that most of the chemicals have hazards that they are an irritant. Its not like I snort it or anything but maybe it has something to do with sneezing more? (NOTE: screw sneezing powder, be a chemist!)

I heard that anything that is hot or spicy can be used as a sneezing powder as well as sticking cinnamon in the back of your throat. For me its not very sucessful but it depends on the person.

Well I have a pharmacist friend who claims that acetylsalicylic acid makes him sneeze every time he handles it. That's aspirin, so it might be worth a try.

i used to have the same problem in organic... inhaling all those nasties, and sneezing the life out of me... :sweatdrop: such a tragic time it was....

of course, this makes me wonder what i have lying about in my lab that is NOT toxic, but still makes a decent irritant .... wait... thats ME! (ok..lame joke...)

hmm... *runs off to sniff chemicals*

:laugh:

Guest 2gunruth

i like this idea of homemade powder

could be a little adventure in the kitchen just making it, trying to find things that work....

NOW we're thinkin

whoa whoa whoa!!!! be very careful doing this!!! don't just grab anything and start sniffing...its fun to joke about and all, but many household chemicals can be very dangerous if inhaled. i'd recommend using food products only for home-experimentation...

Guest 2gunruth
whoa whoa whoa!!!! be very careful doing this!!! don't just grab anything and start sniffing...its fun to joke about and all, but many household chemicals can be very dangerous if inhaled. i'd recommend using food products only for home-experimentation...

haha yes, thanks for the concern

i meant food products, i am smart enough to know to stay away from chemicals, trust me. thats why i said adventure in the kitchen i.e. spices, pepper. etc. sorry if i was unclear

but..if i was of an intelligence level low enough to have my girlfriend go around smelling solvents and such, i would definitely have been grateful that you stopped me :twisted:

lord. i can only imagine that scene...or the headlines...... ;)

yeesh

My bf tried a sneezing powder that we bought online but with no results except for a nose, eyes and throat irritation that ended up in a nasty cough fit :twisted:

no results even with pepper, black or white. Only a mild irritation..

so we just threw it away and didn't think about it anymore ;)

;) sorry... i wasn't trying to imply or suggest anything about you personally.... it just seemed responsible to put a warning out there...

*slinks back to hole*

Speaking from an observer's experience, don't try curry powder LOL Right southernlad?

Guest 2gunruth
:unsure: sorry... i wasn't trying to imply or suggest anything about you personally.... it just seemed responsible to put a warning out there...

*slinks back to hole*

oh, no! i wasn't offended. i was sincere when i said i appreciated it. just being a member who has just recently started posting, i didn't want to somehow gain some sort of ill reputation about being irresponsible or something.

but really, its cool. you can come out of your hole. :bleh: it definitely was a reasonable and responsible thing to say. i just wanted to make sure ya didnt think id be askin people to sniff chemicals or something haha

:wub:

Guest SneezyB
All sneezing powder really is, is fine ground pepper for the most part.

So, it's commercially sold as 'sneezing powder'.

I've heard from many a source that it doesn't work too well, bar the fact that it makes your nose burn.

But then, I've heard from a few people as well that have said it was successful.

My suggestion? Do your research on it before you buy some.

I was about to say the same thing

just be careful at what you using cause some of this stuff could be dangerous

Archived