Sneeze Fetish Forum

Storing your handkerchiefs

Kleeny

Hi. I was ironing some of my hankies the other day, and a question popped into my head. How do our handkerchief using friends store them?

Do you have have single drawer for them, or a shelf on a wardrobe like me, or they mixed in with other clothes, like underwear for example.

Also, do you iron them, and if so, do you fold them into squares, rectangles, squares?

As mentioned I have a shelf in a wardrobe devoted to my handkerchiefs, all ironed into rectangles, and separated into piles of white hankies, bordered hankies, then plain coloured hankies, then patterned ones and pile of ones I would never use for outdoor use.

How do you store yours?

A drawer of the bedside table is devoted to my hankies.

And I also have some in a drawer of my desk at work.

The car is another place where I will always store some.

And the very private ones - in a very private place where others won't find them :laugh:

I do iron them - and fold them into squares.

C

I store my hankies in a separate section of the same drawer where I keep my underwear. I do iron my hankies, and fold them into rectangles, folding them in half one way, ironing the crease, then folding in half again the other way, again ironing the crease. I prefer to make the final fold into a square just before placing the hankie into my back pocket; I'm not sure why I do it this way, but it's the way I've done it for years. I also separate the all white hankies from the borders and patterns, making separate piles for each. I also keep some spare hankies in another drawer, and always keep a few in my brief case, desk drawer at work, and in my overnight bag (you never now when you might have to get out of town in a hurry!)

I like the idea from Countless about keeping some in the car; in fact, I'm going to place a few in the glove compartment tonight!

A drawer in the bedroomn is devoted to my handkerchiefs I have a few at work and private and special ones are kept in secret ... away from others

Mine are all ironed and folded for storage

Hi all,

Yes, the bedside drwaer is a good place. I've got part of my collection there, ironed and in squares, colour-sorted. The drawer is far too smal though and I would not want to think people who look into my drawers to find all my handkerchiefs. The lot in the drawer is already considerable. So there's another lot in my bookcase, behind the books, and a lot in my safe ;) . I don't have handkerchiefs anywhere else, except the one in my pocket (or two, depending on the state of my nose...).

Take care,

CJ.

Mine are also stored in my underwear drawer, off to one side. The white ones are mostly kept together, while the others are in somewhat random order.

I also have some spare handkerchiefs in another drawer of the same dresser, still in original packaging -- the super-large white kind that I like (from Chock's online), in case I can't find them for sale in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 draws that have my handkerchiefs in.

one draw has my older 'well used' handkerchiefs in that I use for every day nose blowing, and I don't bother to iron these ones - but in my other draw are my special handkerchiefs that have 'other' uses - and these do get ironed.

I also have a box in the wardrobe with approximately 50 other handkerchiefs in - some vintage, some womans but mostly mens handkerchiefs, and every now and then I rotate these with the special handkerchiefs - so they all get a turn in the draw ;)

I iron them into squares, and store them in the tie rack attached to the inside of my wardrobe door. :D I don't have too many of them, but I try to arrange them in a way that loos pretty when I open the door. I'm not a very systematic person anyway. :lol:

The tie rack also accommodates other kinds of small textiles, napkins and such.

• 1 month later...

I keep acouple in my car glove box, some are kept in my top drawer with my underwear at home, and some i keep in my truck for when i'm away during the week. I never tend to iron them, but after everytime i was wash and dry them, i fold them into squares.

Archived