Sneeze Fetish Forum

A Regular Hero (HP fic, male, m/m relationship-non explicit)

Dusty15

Sirius/Remus, mild though (just little kisses). Enjoy :detective1:

Regular Hero

By Dusty15

Kicking off his Wellingtons, Sirius entered the flat and shook his hair out. A light spring rain soaked the windows and made a gentle rhythm on the rooftop that echoed slightly in the sparse living room.

“Moony!” he called, hanging his soaking overcoat on the radiator to dry (wool never smelled quite right after a drying charm- it needed air). “You home?”

A grunt of acknowledgment sounded from Remus’ bedroom.

“Working!” his voice called.

“Working?” Sirius replied. “I could hear you still clacking away in there when I went to bed and that was nearly ten past three! I had to put a silencing charm around my room.”

“Nearly done!”

“I should think so,” Sirius called back, sinking into the ratty armchair closest to the front door. “The Harpies game’s on wireless in an hour. Will you be done in time to join me?”

“Working!” Remus’ voice replied, rising a bit at the end of the word in frustration.

“Alright, alright! I’ll leave you to your work, Professor.”

Grinning, Sirius stretched out in the chair and reached for the day’s copy of the Prophet. He and James had come to call Remus “professor” whenever he got particularly testy about the importance of schoolwork (or the importance of grammar. He once sent back a letter he’d received from Sirius over the summer. It contained several corrections in vibrant scarlet ink and a menacing “see me in my office!” at the bottom.)

“What’s this article for again?” he called to Remus.

“Working!” hissed the reply.

“Sorry!”

The flat was silent for several moments. The clock in the kitchen ticked out a rhythm along with the rain, and soon Sirius noticed an irritating addition to the percussion. Every few moments, a wet sniffle sounded from Remus’ room. If there was one thing that could cause Sirius Black to become miffed, it was a sniffle. One day he’d nearly exploded at Peter during an exam for a persistent sniffle that was slowly driving him batty. Shaking his head, Sirius tried to focus on the newspaper but the sniffles were too frequent (and quite frankly much too irritating) for him to ignore any longer.

“For the love of Merlin, Moony!” he exclaimed. “Blow your fucking nose!”

There was no response from the room. Sirius waited for a beat, confused, before he heard why. A loud sneeze echoed from behind Remus’ door.

“Are you sick?” he called.

“No!” Remus replied with another sniffle which caused Sirius to grimace.

“Blow your nose then!”

“Fine!”

Remus’ door swung open and a handkerchief zoomed from his coat pocket at the front door and down the hall into his room. A loud, congested blow sounded from across the flat. Sirius decided he’d had enough. Throwing down the paper, he stormed down to Remus’ room and stuck his head around the door, proclaiming “you are sick!”

Remus was sitting at his shoddy desk, several empty tea cups strewn on the floor at his feet. He was barefoot and clad in a pair of worn brown corduroys with a tan waistcoat, his shirt tossed aside on the bed. Several balled up bits of paper overflowed from the trashcan and a few fags still smoldered in an ashtray near the window. His ancient Corona typewriter had a half-typed page in it, on which there were already several cross outs in scarlet ink. Remus turned and looked up at Sirius.

“What?”

“What yourself,” Sirius breathed, stepping into the room. “You look awful!”

Remus pressed his palms to his eyes.

“I’m fine. Leave me be. I’ve got two pages to go.”

He spun back around in his desk chair and hunched over the typewriter. The bones of his spine and shoulders stuck out, forming peaks and valleys across his pale skin. Sirius thought it looked rather like what he imagined Antarctica would be if you flew over it with a broomstick…an endless topography of white mountains and trenches. The relationship between the two young men was still new and awkward, filled with bumped lips on lips and hands touching hands. Sirius wanted to explore that lovely back, and hold the ailing Remus until he was better.

“Moony,” he said gently, still lingering in the doorway. “Go to bed.”

“I can’t,” Remus snapped, his fingers poised over the typewriter keys as he bounced his foot in nervous frustration. “I need to owl this by four or it won’t be in by the deadline.”

“Why’s this deadline so important?” Sirius asked. “You’ve run yourself ragged. Have you even eaten today?”

“I need to get this in because I need to get paid for it!” hissed Remus. “And I haven’t any groceries.”

“You can eat whatever I have!” insisted Sirius. “It’s silly not to eat.”

“I’m not a charity case, Padfoot.”

“But you can eat some of my food while you’re waiting on a paycheck! Even if you’re not, you are welcome to it.”

“No, I can’t!” Remus growled. He spun around in his chair, his eyes looking wild and unfocused. “I can’t live like that, Sirius! I need this work and I need this article if I want to eat this month so please, for Merlin’s sake, let me be for an hour!”

Sirius pulled the bedroom door shut as he stepped inside.

“This isn’t you,” he said, crossing to Remus’ side and crouching beside the chair. He grasped his friend’s arm and then frowned. He moved his hand up to Remus’ forehead.

“You’ve got a fever, Moony.”

“I’m sure I do,” Remus muttered, pushing away Sirius’ hand. He turned away, suppressing several coughs into the crook of his arm.

“I’m done with this charade,” Sirius announced. “You’re not well.”

“Leave me for an hour and go turn on the game,” said Remus tiredly.

“I don’t think so,” Sirius replied.

Remus shook his head, his expression a vague, half-lidded look of anticipation as a sneeze built up and he rocked forward with a loud “Atehshoooo!”

Sirius put a hand on the small of Remus’ back and rubbed it gently.

“Okay, here’s the deal we’re making. You finish this article and then you will get into bed and eat something and sleep, okay?”

“If it’ll make you leave,” Remus said, swiping furiously at his dripping nose.

“Only for a little while,” said Sirius, standing and moving his hand to Remus’ cheek. “Don’t make yourself sicker. Please.”

“Mmh,” Remus agreed distractedly.

“Okay,” said Sirius, planting a kiss on top of the smaller boy’s head. “Call me if you need anything.”

He left the room and shut the door softly behind him. While Remus worked, he’d have time to make some soup. Digging in the pantry for a tin, he found what he was looking for: Mrs. Moffatt’s Homemade Chicken Brew (“Every Little Wizard’s Favorite”). With a tap of his wand, the tin transformed into a small cook pot filled with delicious chicken soup. He set a heating spell on it and left it to simmer while he prepared a pot of tea. By the time he was finished, the clacking of keys from Remus’ room had stopped and he pushed open the bedroom door, balancing the meal on a tray. Remus was at the window, tying the finished article to an owl’s foot.

“Turn out okay?” he asked, setting the tray down on Remus’ dresser.

Remus nodded, sending the owl out into the rain and shutting the window. Almost immediately, he doubled over coughing and Sirius rushed to his side, putting a comforting arm around him and leading him over to the bed.

“Sit down,” he said, guiding Remus onto the mattress. “I’ll get you some pajamas.”

He retrieved a soft pair of sleep trousers and an old t-shirt from Remus’ drawers and helped him change. Once Remus was settled in the clothes, he set the tray of soup on Remus’ lap and bid him to eat. Sitting at his side, Sirius rubbed circles on his back with one hand.

“What was the article about?” he asked.

“Goblin relations,” replied Remus in between sips of soup. His nose was beginning to run again and he wiped at it in frustration.

“Here,” said Sirius, digging in his pocket for his handkerchief and retrieving the silk maroon cloth. He dabbed gently at Remus’ nose until the moisture was almost gone. The poor werewolf’s nostrils burned bright red.

“This is good,” Remus said softly, taking another spoonful of the soup.

“Came from a tin,” Sirius confessed. “I’d say it’s pretty satisfactory.”

Remus slurped up the last of the noodles and set the meal on the floor before stretching out on the bed. Sirius sided up to him and wrapped his arms around Remus’ thin waist. Remus tucked his head against Sirius’ shoulder and sniffled miserably.

“You really aren’t well,” Sirius said, running a hand through Remus’ hair. “I can’t believe you stayed up all night writing that.”

“I had to,” Remus said hoarsely. “I need to…I…”

He broke off, his breath hitching. A sneeze built up with a soft hhehhh…hehh…h’tschoo! His nose was buried in Sirius’ shoulder and a gentle, warm spray exploded there.

“Sorry!” he gasped, sniffling several times in succession.

“It’s okay,” Sirius soothed. “I don’t mind.”

Remus began to cough painfully and Sirius held him tighter, absorbing the painful spasms and rubbing Remus’ back rhythmically.

“Why don’t you get some sleep?” he asked, kicking back the sheets so Remus could snuggle under. Once the blankets were comfortably tucked around both of them, Sirius held Remus against his chest and gently ran his fingers through Remus’ hair.

“I’m fine, really,” Remus mumbled, almost incoherently. Sirius chuckled.

“Shush, you,” he said. “I know you can tolerate pain but this is nothing to hide. You’ve got a ruddy awful cold and you need to rest.”

He pulled the thin boy closer, hugging him tight. Remus shivered a little and snuggled into the embrace.

“I’m tired of being sick. S’not far,” he murmured.

“I know,” soothed Sirius.

Remus slipped into sleep quickly, breathing slow and wheezy in Sirius’ arms. Sirius lay still, watching him for a while before he too closed his eyes and drifted off.

When he woke, a feverish and red-nosed Remus was still huddled at his side, his nose and lip shiny from a constant drip, and his nostrils swollen. He coughed a little in his sleep. Sirius retrieved a handkerchief from the nightstand and carefully dabbed Remus’ nose, trying not to wake him.

“Padfoot,” Remus mumbled sleepily, reaching for Sirius’ hand and taking the hankie before clamping it to his nose and letting two powerful, spraying sneezes burst out.

Hitschooo! T’sachooo!

“Bless you,” said Sirius sympathetically.

Remus closed his eyes again in exhaustion and pressed closer against Sirius.

“Merlin, you’re warm,” Sirius exclaimed, fighting to extract his hand from the sheets and laying it across Remus’ brow. The other boy was clearly feverish. “Do you want some medicine?”

“We don’t have any,” Remus mumbled. “I’m sleepy.”

Sirius kissed Remus’ forehead and shifted out from under the blankets.

“I’ll go get some potions and you rest, okay?”

Remus sniffled and nodded, eyes closed.

“I’ll be back as quick as I can,” promised Sirius, offering another kiss on Remus’ brow. “Go to sleep.”

Outside, it was still a steady drizzle, so Sirius pulled on his waterproofs and headed out into the rain, walking down to a nearby alleyway where it was safe to Apparate. With a sharp crack, he disappeared and then reappeared in downtown Godric’s Hollow. The Wizarding Village had several small shops in the town centre, including an apocathary.

Sirius ducked out of the rain and into the shoppe where he collected a basket full of remedies and paid before quickly Apparating back to his flat. Leaving his boots at the door and shedding his wet coat, he took the bag of potions back to the bedroom where Remus slept.

Remus was dozing lightly, breathing with an audible wheeze and snorts of congestion. Sirius’ heart ached at the sight.

“Moony,” he said gently, sitting on the edge of the bed and lightly shaking Remus awake. “I’ve come bearing potions.”

The sleepy young man shifted so that he was sitting up. As his head drained a little, he began to cough and Sirius placed a reassuring hand on his back.

“I’ve got something for that. First, take this.”

He handed over a small cup of “Healer Harper’s Heal-All Tonic” which Remus swallowed dutifully.

“Now some of this,” said Sirius, offering up a capful of fever reducer and another of “Cauldron Bottom Cold-Ease”.

“That’s it for tonics,” he said. “Lie back down.”

Remus did so, snuggling into the pillows.

“Last thing,” said Sirius, retrieving a small jar of ointment and unscrewing the cap. The strong smell of mint and eucalyptus filled the room. Taking a thick glob from the jar, Sirius deftly spread the paste across Remus’ upper chest.

“What’s in that?” Remus asked, pulling a face.

“Mints,” Sirius replied. He squinted at the label. “And grapeseed oil.”

“Ugh,” Remus grunted.

“It’ll clear you out,” said Sirius with a grin. “It smells good.”

“It’s awfully strong,” said Remus with a sniffle. “But it’s working. Toss me the handkerchief, will you?”

Sirius dug the cloth out from the sheets and gave it to Remus. Clamping it over his nose, Remus blew a long and wet gurgle. The handkerchief now completely soaked, he performed a cleaning charm and blew his nose again.

“Thank goodness for magic,” Sirius said, laughing.

“Mhm,” Remus agreed, settling back down into bed. Sirius sat down silently at his side and again began to rub circles across Remus’ back.

“You’re quiet,” Remus said after a moment.

“I’m thinking,” Sirius replied.

“About what?”

“You,” Sirius said softly, running a hand through Remus’ hair and down his cheek.

“Me?”

“Yes, you,” Sirius said. “It’s not fair.”

“I’m well aware,” Remus said wearily.

“Well, it isn’t,” Sirius insisted. “But it isn’t your fault. If you let us help, this wouldn’t happen.”

Remus rolled over and pressed his cheek against Sirius leg.

“You have to understand,” Remus said quietly. “That I need to do things on my own. It’s pride, sure, but it’s also me needing to learn how to do it. What if…”

He trailed off.

“What if what?” Sirius asked.

“What if one day you lot aren’t around anymore?”

Sirius frowned.

“Don’t say that. We’re not going anywhere. I’m not going anywhere.”

“But what if,” Remus insisted. “I can’t depend on you forever.”

“I won’t leave you,” Sirius said firmly.

“That’s not what I mean,” Remus replied. “What if you lot were killed? Then what? This war…it’s bigger than we are. Things will happen that we can’t predict.”

“You shouldn’t dwell on shite like that.”

“Well, I do sometimes,” said Remus. “I’m being realistic.”

“And I’m being hopeful,” Sirius replied.

Remus turned his head and sneezed into his pillow, a soft hutschoo! With a sniffle, he turned back to Sirius.

“I’m hopeful too,” he said resolutely. “But not to the point that I forget reality.”

“Okay,” soothed Sirius, rubbing his back more. “I understand. But don’t mistake independence for neglecting yourself. That’s stupid.”

Remus nodded against his leg.

“Are the tonics doing anything?” Sirius asked.

“A little. I feel less congested,” Remus replied. “I’m tired.”

“I know,” said Sirius, stretching out next to him. “C’mere.”

He pulled Remus close, cuddled in the blankets.

“I’ll stay with you.”

“Okay,” Remus mumbled, pressing his face to Sirius’ chest.

Soon, even and clear breaths came, and he was sleeping peacefully against Sirius. With a small smile, Sirius tucked his head over Remus’ and closed his eyes too, relishing the smell of Remus and the warm sheets. Before long, he too was asleep.

It was late evening before they both woke again. Remus pressed clumsy lips to Sirius neck and mumbled a hello. Sirius stretched, extracting his arms from the other man and yawning.

“Feeling better?” he asked, opening his eyes blearily.

“No,” Remus sighed, rolling over and pulling the blankets closer. He was shivering.

“Oh, Moony,” Sirius said, reaching out and pulling Remus back to him. “Really?”

“No,” Remus said miserably. He sniffed congestedly and a few coughs slipped out. His hot breath hit Sirius’ chest as he hacked and sniffled. His nose was now bright red and raw.

“You look awful,” said Sirius. He sat up and shifted so Remus lay in his lap. Reassuringly, he placed a cool hand on Remus’ brow.

“What about a bath?” he asked.

“Maybe,” Remus said wearily.

“I could call for some curry take-away,” Sirius said. “That’d clear your sinuses.”

Remus perked up a little. He loved curries.

“Sure,” he said. “Chicken Vindaloo?”

“Okay,” Sirius agreed. “Give me a second.”

He climbed out of the bed and found a bit of parchment, sending an order off with his owl.

“I went with Kushanu’s Wizard Curries,” he said to Remus, re-entering the dark bedroom.

“Good choice,” Remus replied. “I love….hehh…het’schoo!”

He sneezed roughly and groaned.

“That hurt,” he said, dabbing gingerly at his nose with the handkerchief.

“Here,” said Sirius, digging in the bag of medicines from earlier. He found a small bottle of crème and put a bit on his finger. He carefully applied it around Remus’ nostrils, dabbing away wetness with the handkerchief as he went along.

“Better?” he asked.

“It stings a bit,” Remus said.

“Well, your nose is awfully red,” Sirius said, dabbing the last of the crème gingerly. “This’ll make it better.”

“Thanks,” said Remus.

“No problem.”

“No, really,” Remus insisted, taking Sirius by the wrist. “I mean it. Thank you.”

Sirius kissed his cheek.

“And I mean it too. No problem.”

Sirius re-arranged the pillows on the bed and helped Remus get sitting comfortably. He retrieved the desk chair for himself. There was a sharp tap on the window and they looked up to see an owl bobbing there, a large brown bag clutched in its talons.

“That’s our guy,” Sirius said, opening the window and letting the owl back in. “Thank you, Vesna.”

The owl hooted cheerfully and flew off to his cage in the den. Sirius extracted several foam cartons from the bag and two cups charmed with anti-spill spells.

“A chai for you,” he said, passing a steaming cup to Remus.

“Ta,” Remus said, taking it and inhaling the fragrant steam.

Sirius arranged the spread and summoned two plates from the kitchen before doling out a generous portion of curry for Remus.

“Eat up,” he said, passing it over.

“Merlin this is good,” Remus breathed, scooping a heaping spoonful into his mouth. “Spicy.”

“I’ll say,” Sirius agreed, eating his portion ravenously. “I was starved.”

“Me too,” Remus admitted.

“You’ve got an appetite,” Sirius said. “That’s good. How’s the nose?”

“Feels a little better.”

“Good.”

“Sirius?”

“Hmm?” Sirius asked, not looking up from his food.

“This is really sweet of you,” Remus said sheepishly.

“What?” Sirius said quizzically.

“You’re being very kind,” Remus said. “You didn’t have to spend all this time with me today, but you did and it was very nice of you to take care of me.”

Sirius smiled.

“Hey, you needed it.”

“I know,” Remus said. “But it isn’t really like you. I wanted you to know I appreciate it.”

Sirius leaned over and kissed him, their foreheads resting against each others for a moment.

“You look cute with a red nose,” Sirius teased. “Besides, I couldn’t let you sit in here with that ruddy typewriter all day sounding so awful.”

Remus smiled back, setting aside his finished plate.

“Well, you’re a regular hero, Sirius Black.”

Sirius smirked.

“Oh I know.”

Wonderful! I ador eit. This is my favorite pairing of all time, and this dynamic in it is what attracts me to it. This is brilliantly written, really, I think, and I know these things. I read Remus/Sirius fanfiction all day at work! I'd fix the formatting in your place, but that's a personal preference. Just to make it less cramped.

This story.... :) I lurv Sirius/Remus fics, especially where Sirius is the one taking care of Remus! Lurv, lurv, lurv :rolleyes: This was AMAZINGLY well written. Wow. Just, wow. *melt* Ahh, the boy-luv!

• 1 month later...

*le melt* oh this was wonderful!!! and i admit, i cackled a bit a the image of a hanky flying from one end of the house to the other...

Archived