Sneeze Fetish Forum

An attention fetish?

The Mute Poet

Hey everyone, I think I should be able to be back for a bit (I suppose I was gone for quite a while), and I was just recently wondering about something. I was talking with somene who knows about my fetish quite intimately, and we were wondering whether or not she had any to speak of herself (I'd heard somewhere that every person has at least one fetish, even if they never fully realise it).

Anyway, we came to the conclusion that she has a very deep need for male attention, not neccesarily of the sexual type, but more just guys fawning over her and chasing after her and complimenting her. Now I get that alot of girls are like this to varying degrees, but for her if she lacks this attention over any significant amount of time she actually starts to get so restless and fed up with whatever else she's doing that it becomes an all-consuming need.

I'm not sure if I'm expressing it as well as I mean to, but I was curious whether anyone else here has come across any like "attention fetish" or anyone's thoughts on the likelihood that this actually falls within the realm of fetishism. Lol, she's started going around bragging that she has a fetish now in any case... (shakes head).

That doesnt sound like a fetish. :bleh: Sounds like she is shallow and insecure. I know this because I am too! :D Ive just learned to live without the attention of li.... of girls. :blink:

Well she definitely does have insecurity issues from her early-life experiences, but I'm debating whether or not it's possible for a fetish to develop based on them, as now it seems more a pleasure-oriented thing. I'm thinking something like the dominatrix sort of complex but without any need for the hands on, physical aspect. I dunno, sneezing's so much simpler haha.

you're back! you're back!!! you certainly have been gone a while. :)

hmm... with only this limited amount of information it is difficult to say whether she has developed a fetish for it, although developing fetishes is possible. i would have to ask whether she has to full physical response that we tend to designate the primary evidence of a fetish. some definitions allow for a fetish to be simply a mental fascination, others require the physical aspect. here, we tend to go off the more physical aspects... but if she repsonds to male attention, then it is quite possible that she has developed a bit of a fetish....

Hmmm, well it's hard to differentiate between her having a direct physical response from the attention or from her just being a very sexually active person whenever she's happy (the attention definitely makes her happy), so I suppose it could be one of those fine-line things. I was really hoping that I'd hit on another girl who has the same sort of complex, but it's early yet.

Lol, and yup, I'm now back for a good, long time (winks).

Please don't take any offense at this, but to me it sounds more like a personality disorder than a fetish. Trust me, I've been married to two women like that (and yes, that says something about me as well).

My advice: run, don't walk. Please feel free to send me a P.M. if you'd like to discuss this in more detail.

Archived