Sneeze Fetish Forum

A question for those who have allergies and those who wish they did...

krazykat

So I have been sitting here thinking about what I would do if someone in the medical profession said to me that they were able to cure all of my allergies BAR one and that I could choose which one I would be left with. Which one would i pick? I automatically know the ones that I would get rid of, and those would be my food allergies and those that cause my asthma to kick into gear without causing me to sneeze, but in terms of the other things that make me sneeze the more I think about it the more I can't quite decide which one I would like to keep as there are pros and cons to both...

TREE POLLEN - I am horribly allergic to the (as yet unidentified) trees that are growing in our back court and since our flat gets horrendously warm I always sleep with the window open so during the spring months I always wake up sniffling and sneezing, and no matter how many antihistamines i take the sneezes just don't go away. The downside of this allergy is that I get a horrendously itchy mouth as well and it drives me to the point of distraction. Also, those trees only flower for about six weeks so the most obvious downside would be that there would be 46 weeks a year where unless I where to catch a horrendous cold I would be pretty much sneezeless. The same goes for the pollen from hawthorn trees, which always gets me when I visit friends in England, but would I really see the benefits of this allergy were I to keep it?

CATS - This is a hard one as I love playing with them and being able to expose myself to all those allergens by rubbing my face against theirs and stroking their fur and then rubbing my nose. The downside is that I would have to spend a load of time visiting people with cats as for me the histamine response to cats is always delayed and kicks in as soon as I am away from the animal. I have also owned cats in the past and I have built up a tolerance to each and everyone of them so unless they were able to make my allergy worse then I would not gain any benefits from having a cat.

GRASS POLLEN - I think that I coud probably live without this one, as unless the pollen count is in the stratosphere i just end up feeling as if i have a mild cold all summer long, complete with asthmatic cough.

BERGAMOT OIL - the most recently discovered of my allergies. The sneezes and itchiness in my nose that have arisen over my two exposures to this have been wonderful so far, but as I have only just discovered the allergy I don't know what to expect. If the symptoms were to stay the way they have been so far then I think that this might be the candidate as I would be able to turn the allergy on and off just by opening a bottle of essential oils and dripping it into the bath or shower.

What a dilemna!

For those of you who have allergies, which one would you want to keep and why? For those of you who don't I pose the alternate question... your doctor is able to offer you a procedure that sensitises you to one set of allergens. What would that be?

Since i am not allergic to anything that would make me sneeze, i wouldnt mind anything that would be offered to invoke an allergy :huh:

And yes i have a very sensitive stomach, so need to get rid of my food allergies.

Good question.

I think I'd really like to have allergies to a scent ... somthing that can come and go as I please. Maybe a perfume, or a fake flower smell. Something like that.

oh now thats a wonderful though.... somehow getting an allergy.... there isnt really anything out there that makes me sneeze, and i would love to have something... :dribble: a scent allergy sounds very intruiging... something that wouldnt interfere with everyday life, but could be toyed with on occasion... ok on many occasions.... :blink:

Interesting question. I don't have allergies so if I were to acquire one I'd pick perfume as others have said. Because, as Chui mentioned it can be toyed around with without disrupting everyday life. I have six cats so developing an allergy to them would totally suck! I also am very into rock climbing and some other physical activities and I'd choose being able to climb well outside over an allergy to flowers or grass or such. I don't really care about my appearance or fussing myself up, so an allergy to perfume wouldn't get in the way of much I cared about. The only other thing I might consider choosing would be some kinda of laundry detergent.

I think I'd opt for a scent sensitivity, as well. Easy to turn off, easy to turn on (*Zoidberg voice* Ohh, the double entendres! Whoopwhoopwhoopwhoop! *scuttles*), fairly non-invasive. Fun to play with. :lol::whistle:

As of yet however - nothing, no how. No allergies, tissue method does nothing, most spices do nothing (except this one "Cajun Spice" popcorn topping that I found... :innocent:), colds are infrequent. I really wish I sneezed more. :ph34r2:

I think flowers would be the most "romantic". Skipping amongst the blossom; holding a lily...

But now I've heard of it, Earl Grey could be fun; and the basis for a Star Trek fic; where are you, Yar sisters?

This is an really good and interesting question!

I would want to be allergic to scents, like everyone mentioned. As of the allergies that I do have I guess I would keep the pollen one. I would definetly want to get rid of my cat allergy, or lessen the side effects! When a cat is near me I can barely breathe, my asthma kicks in and then afterwards I can't stop sneezing like every second. I went to the ER once because my throat almost completly closed up due to them. I'll give that allergy away to someone if there are any takers. LOL.

:D @ SB

You poor thing! I think I'll take the allergy, but let's find a really crappy person to take the asthma. :drool::P

I'd trade a scent allergy for any of my other allergies any day! You can take zinc, bandage-glue, and mosquitto bites any day you want, Mr. Doctor, but leave me my (insert random scent, like buttered popcorn or something)!

My mother also has one I'm jealous of: the specific industrial cleaner used in supermarkets around here. Every time she goes grocery shopping, she has a sneeze at the door. I'd love to have that one and find out where they're getting their floor cleaner, so I could have that same experience at home!

I think I'd actually prefer to have a cat allergy. I wouldn't want anything severe, but a friend of mine is allergic to cats and she only has to sneeze every few minutes or so around them, and the only other symptom she gets is watery eyes. I think that would be an ideal allergy. Personally, I think an easy on and off switch is too boring. :winkkiss: Besides, the more sneezing, the higher chance of finding someone who might enjoy it. :P

I recently developed some kind of allergy. Not sure what it is... I find myself waking up in the morning all stuffed up, itchy eyes, and no problem sneezing 5-6 times before I'm out the door and on the way to work.

I'd be happy to have it gone! I don't enjoy my own sneezing. Too bad nobody is around me to enjoy it.

I would pick one that I could easily avoid, but affirmatively choose to be around if the mood suited me. Perhaps horses -- one doesn't run into them all that often; you'd have to go to a barn or a horse show, and since I don't ride any more, I'm rarely at a stable or a show. I'd give up all my other allergies that I never can avoid.

You poor thing! I think I'll take the allergy, but let's find a really crappy person to take the asthma. :):wub:

Won't be me. I've already got asthma B)

I like Trillium's idea of something you could easily avoid but selectivly choose to be around. [Farm animals, hmmm] ;)

How do you come into contact with oil of Bergamot? ;)

I don't think I'd care which ones went away - they don't tend to bother me all that much, and if they bring a bit of joy to those around me, all the better.

Oh wait, I'd LOVE for my allergy to dogs to disappear! I adore dogs, but they really make me miserable (we're talking beyond sneezing here, to coughing, having trouble breathing, etc.)

Hey Twye -

As someone who is allergic to cats, I can tell you that it is an ideal allergy. Non-sneezing symptoms are mild and/or non-existant, and unlike most pollen, you can probably find a cat almost anywhere 52 weeks a year. It's best when your mother's siblings have a combined FIVE cats - sadly, three of them are dead now (sadly for multiple reasons :)).

But I digress... :innocent:

Obviously, this gives me enough reason to tell you I'd prefer to keep the cat allergy. But, man! I wish I had your problems. The only other maybe-allergy I have is to ragweed pollen, but it's extremely minor (which isn't enough reason to keep my mom from attempting to stuff me to the brim with Zyrtec. :))

But I digress... :innocent:

BERGAMOT OIL - the most recently discovered of my allergies. The sneezes and itchiness in my nose that have arisen over my two exposures to this have been wonderful so far, but as I have only just discovered the allergy I don't know what to expect. If the symptoms were to stay the way they have been so far then I think that this might be the candidate as I would be able to turn the allergy on and off just by opening a bottle of essential oils and dripping it into the bath or shower.

I don't know what Bergamot oil is, but I like it already. :) Krazykat, have you done any experimenting with it, now that you know you're allergic?

I don't know what Bergamot oil is, but I like it already. :) Krazykat, have you done any experimenting with it, now that you know you're allergic?

I haven't tried experimenting as I have been having problems with my asthma over the last two weeks and until that is back to being managed I'm not doing any inducing or even visiting the homes of friends who have cats etc... too much of a risk for a few sneezes. I still have one of the products that contains bergamot oil (its a citrus oil) so I might play with it in the future.

You poor thing! I think I'll take the allergy, but let's find a really crappy person to take the asthma. :D:)

Won't be me. I've already got asthma :lol:

But you're not really crappy! :)

Archived