Sneeze Fetish Forum

OMG I told my DAD!

PetalsAndThorns

Is half panicking from the experience a few seconds ago.

So, after I found this site, I got brave and told two people awhile apart from each other, first my best friend and then my sister. I'm very close to my sister and view her like one of my best friends, so that was comfortable. Now, I don't know why, but I've always had these strange fluctuating desires to tell someone and them to be amazingly relieved they didn't find out. Such as once when one of my other friends was looking through my history, I almost wanted them to find this page and ask me "what the hell", but they didn't and afterward I thanked my lucky stars. So, just now my dad came into my room to finish ordering me a video program that was a late Christmas present. I'd been debating talking to him in some German that I'd learned from HisPet here for awhile, because I knew it would almost inevitably lead to him discovering the forum, and it probably would have gone smoother if I had said something in German then gotten onto the subject, but for some reason I just had one of those moments when I wanted to tell someone and so I told him I'd met someone who was German online. He asked me where and I told him it was on a forum. He asked what kind of forum, I replied, stuttering, "a forumy forum." He asked if the forum had a typical topic and I replied "That depends on your definition of a typical topic."

Dad - "What's your definition?"

Me, hesitating and obviously nervous - "I mean, does typical mean one topic that just about everyone there is talking about, or that the topic there is typical?"

Dad - "Is there a main topic the people there are talking about?"

Me - "Yes."

Dad - "What is it?"

Me - ".........It's sneezeing....... It's a sneeze fetish forum."

Dad, sort of laughingly - "What?" he turned to his computer. "What's the URL?"

Then we went there on his computer. He seemed to find it funny. "What parts of it do you use?"

"Kinda, mostly Obervations, Stories and Art and Comings and Goings, that's where I met the German girl."

He looked through some stuff on the observations page and laughed, thinking it was funny that there was a site and people who cared so much about sneezing. Has anyone else ever noticed how the word sneezing/sneeze has and extremely embarrassing feel to it? Well it's even more so when your dad says it when you've just come out to him. He said to me "You've used this, do you know what's the appeal?"

I badly tried to explain, with a lot more stuttering and correcting than is written... "It's kinda like homosexual men making a website for homosexual men. A straight man wouldn't see the appeal at all."

He probably said something like "Oooookay," in sort of an accepting tone, not a "you're weird" tone. There was an awkward moment in which I just randomly waved at him in a weird way, I guess I get random when I'm nervous. Then he moved on to "So you're program should arrive some time soon." I'm pretty sure he said something about needing to go to some store and left. Soon as he was out of the room I came here and wrote up this post, hoping it would calm me down, and I think it did...

I'm not ashamed at all of my fetish and after spending time here no longer have that fear of anyone finding out. However every time I tell someone I always wish that they'd show a little interest in it and ask me the right question about it so that I can explain to them just how little it effects my life without awkwardly sounding like I want to keep talking about it. Thankfully my best friend did once actually and I got to explain to her that in real life I actually hardly notice when people sneeze and am very rarely consciously attracted to it. Really only once I heard a boy sneeze and thought it was cute, that's what I told her at least, in truth it made my heart stop and fly :hug: , which is weird because I prefer female, she knows I'm bisexual. So hurray for supportive friends! I'm gonna go think about that and pretend this never even happened.

So yeah, that's been my life ruining moment for the day. Feel free to joke about this, trust me I'm on board with laughing about this once I huddle in a corner of my room for a little while :laugh:

And after writing and editing this, I feel a lot better, so thanks for being my teddy bear great and supportive people and reading this boring drawl.

BTW I wasn't focusing on writing well for this, so don't judge my writing abilities based on this. My normal writing doesn't need any help in convincing people it's bad, it does so perfectly fine on it's own. :D

:D:hug::laugh: oh you poor brave sweetheart! gah... :hug: *hugs more* He seemed to take it well, all things considered... no flailing or freaking on his part... *can think of absolutely nothing inspirational to say* I told one of my family members too... she has since forgotten about it, or at least never brings it up... and she doesn't look at me funny either... so perhaps this will settle into something fairly innocuous...

Holy crap, you're so brave. :) I don't think I would have ever told my parents something like that, and they were my best friends! I'm sure you'll look back on this one day and laugh...it just may not be for a while. :)

PetalsAndThorns, you are my new hero :)

I can't even begin to understand how scary that had to be for you but good for you for being so open and honest with your father. Also even better for him for being so understanding for you :cryhappy: My father is one of my best friends and I don't think I could ever tell him about my fetish ( most people already know about my secret chest of Scooby drawings thats hidden in my parents attic and the note I wrote to them incase they ever find it :) )

I know that I don't know you but I am very proud of you :D

PS. Just please tell me he didn't see my new Scooby drawing on the artworks forum :omg:

*smiling sweatdrop* That kinda reminds me of when I told my boyfriend. We were in the kitchen, which is entirely open to the computer-room (not really work-oriented enough to call an office), with no walls or obstructions except for a countertop and about 8 meters of airspace, just chatting. I don't clearly remember what the subject leading up to it was, but we eventually got to him trying to guess the qualities in himself that atract me (in a cute guessing game way, not an ego-feeding way), and I said, grinning just a little nervously, "That and I've kind of got a sneeze fetish." He blinked at me, said, "what?" and I said, "I have a sneeze fetish," much more matter-of-fact-ly. He sort of did a mental double-take, then, "are you serious?" *nod nod* and he laughed and smiled at me, obviously accepting this as an amusing quirk, saying, "I bet cold season is a real hoot for you, i'n't it?" and proceded to tickle my sides, repeating "i'n't it?" in a cutesie voice, over and over.

However, THIS is the part you reminded me of. As I was catching my breath, I realized 2 things. 1: We had been talking in clear, unquieted voices, as if we were the only people in earshot. 2: We weren't. My dad was on the computer. And looking like he was not looking at the monitor, but watching us from behind it.

Externaly, I maintained EXACTLY the same cheerful, adoring manor, as I lead my love into the more private environment of the livingroom, or at least I hope I maintained it.

Internaly, I just about died then and there. "OMG! DID HE HEAR? HOW COULD HE NOT HAVE? SHOOT.. WHAT NOW? OMFG I'M SOOOO EMBARASED! Ok, Ok, chill out! He's been pretty cool with other less than socialy normal things about you so far. If he's got no problem with you being Bi, Wiccan, and living at home unemployed still finishing your high school diploma at age 20, then this should be no sweat info, right? RIGHT? OMG! OMFG! JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW!!!"

That was this spring. He hasn't mentioned it, and neither have I. But I just know he KNOWS, you know?

I lol'ed at "A straight man wouldn't see the appeal at all". But you are extremely brave and I hope one day I will have the courage to tell someone, anyone.

OMG. Like... no WAY. I could NEVER do that. That is so impressive. You're VERY brave!!

How do you feel now that you've told him? Do you think it'll come up again?

Wow! Thanks so much for the all wonderful replies!

Chui - :hug: Thanks so much! This is just another situation that proves bravery is a synonym for stupidity :lol: So far there's really been absolutely no awkward exchanges. From the looks of things this is just something that will fade into the background. :D

dove - Thanks so much! And of course I'll laugh at this someday, when the paranoia sends me into hysteria :laugh::woot1::sillybounce: Just kidding, I probably will laugh about this when I look back after I've moved out :lol:

Daphine - :hug: Thank you so much! :omg: I'm your hero? YES! I've always wanted an excuse to wear tights! ;) You left a box of pics and a note to your parents in their house? :laugh: What I wouldn't give to be there if they ever found it! (Sorry :guilty: ) But I'd love to see their reactions! Sorry, I'm being bad... :nonono::guilty:

Don't worry, he only ventured into the observation page and read some of the "Your Greatest Obs Ever" posts. (By the way, I fully apologize to anyone who's post he read.) So your drawings are perfectly safe! I'm glad he didn't get into the art page too, seeing as I think my pic there was one of the higher ones as well :laugh: Of course he probably wouldn't have known it was me, seeing as he didn't ask what my screen name was and I didn't tell him and he hasn't seen any of my art in a LONG time. Of course if he comes back and finds this post he'll have a pretty good idea what my name here is.

danky - Ouch! That must have been a horrible realization! Especially going from having your S.O. being sweet and accepting to realizing your father might have overheard you! Then not actually knowing whether he heard you or not? :) At least he sounds like a nice, open minded accepting person.

Fantasneezer - :laugh: Glad to know you enjoyed it and I think there's a good possibility of that if you continue to hang around here. I think the friendly atmosphere and ability to talk about it comfortably with each other here is helpful in getting up the courage to tell someone. I hope you get to the point where you feel comfortable telling someone and that everything works out for you!

Here Secretly - Thank you! Directly after I told him I was extremely nervous and scared, but after I calmed down from that I've had pretty much no change in my relationship with him and haven't worried about it since then. I really don't think it will come up again, but you never know.

PetalsAndThorns,

I believe that hero's come in all shapes and sizes, that being said feel free to put on the spandex :P

As for the note to my parents on top of all my sneezy Scooby drawings I got that advice from someone here on the forum, still it makes my stomach turn just thinking about them reading it but I'm sure there expressions would be something like this ;)

I never told any of my family members, but about 3 years ago, I was on the forum and my dad caught me. He looked it over, and said "don't leave things like that up for everyone to see." and hasn't said a word about it at all since. I HOPE he's forgotten about it, but some part of me seriously doubts it. The other day my mom was talking about how my sister has the same sneeze as my grandmother :):D ; but i've never gotten any weird looks or anything of that sort.

A belated congratulations on being able to tell your dad, P&T, whether or not you really regret it I don't think anyone can argue that it really took some guts... And it's good for you that he seems content to put it on the backburner as well.

I think I fall into the "I could never, ever tell my parents" category, even though I've told about ten of my freinds in the past few years - it just seems too different to me, like the difference between telling your freinds about sex as compared to your parents (though some people are still ok with that, which I envy).

I remember once about 4 years ago I had to save wavs on our famly computer, and had tons of really well hidden files for them and I' sure they were never found... except I think I was in a hurry and left one on the desktop and the next day I heard what I THOUGHT was the sound of recorded sneezing playing while my mum was on the computer... It might have just been paranoia, but I certainly know the feeling of being afraid my parents know too, much as they haven't mentioned it either.

Very belated, but yes - congratulations, And! :blushing: It's good to be accepted.

I told my mother when she asked me, having found the SFF in her web history (d'oh!). She figured if I did, I wouldn't tell her. She said that she was expecting me to say I went there for a laugh. Wrong-o, mom! :lol: Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to, kids! :omg:

My father.... Nnnnnngh. :D That's a little different. He came upstairs one day (I think I was 16 or 17? Pre-SFF, anyway) and was a little red in the face and stammering, almost. Seemed really nervous. Told me to "...go, uh... take care of what's on the computer. Just fix it." It was, for those of you who may remember... "ragweed.mp3" from red_nosed_allergic_girl on the old Yahoo groups... her older .wavs aren't accessible anymore (they were on her now-defunct website), but there's a good example of her still there, I think on Groupsneeze. It was playing at TOP VOLUME, from the speakers. :) OH GOD.

And... worst part... my dad's not what you'd call "talkative," or "comfortable with his emotions." So to this day, we've never mentioned it again. Awkward? Only when you think about it! :lol: :lol:

you are a brave soul for telling your parents, i personally dont have the balls to tell anyone besides my gf she is the only one who needs to know :)

GAAAAH!I can't believe I didn't see this earlier(maybe I should actually take some time to read things*_*)

I can only agree, you are absolutely *BRAVE*! :lol:

And...YOUR DAD!!!If I told mine, he'd explode (explanation: my father is the kind of man who thinks that wearing a black leather cloak makes you a satanist, that men with long hair make his daughters drug addicts and that he's always right^-^ But he's alright...I'd just never be able to tell him, not to save my life!!!)

I mean...your DAD!*I just can't get over it*

>.< And he was sooooo cool about it!

Anyway...I was laughing so madly at your post that my stomach hurts now!No way that was boring!

And ooooooh yes, I can't even say the word "sneezing" out loud without blushing.I couldn't even with my exBF (who knew about it), so when he'd be teasing me on the phone by making himself sneeze, I'd always go: Stop that!

Him:What?

Me: You know what!

Him: No, I don't!

Me*very fast and very silent*:stopsneezingyoubastard!

Again, a bunch of respect to you!And thanks for this wonderful and funny written post :)

Very belated, but yes - congratulations, And! :D It's good to be accepted.

I told my mother when she asked me, having found the SFF in her web history (d'oh!). She figured if I did, I wouldn't tell her. She said that she was expecting me to say I went there for a laugh. Wrong-o, mom! :lol: Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to, kids! :lmfao:

My father.... Nnnnnngh. :blush: That's a little different. He came upstairs one day (I think I was 16 or 17? Pre-SFF, anyway) and was a little red in the face and stammering, almost. Seemed really nervous. Told me to "...go, uh... take care of what's on the computer. Just fix it." It was, for those of you who may remember... "ragweed.mp3" from red_nosed_allergic_girl on the old Yahoo groups... her older .wavs aren't accessible anymore (they were on her now-defunct website), but there's a good example of her still there, I think on Groupsneeze. It was playing at TOP VOLUME, from the speakers. ;) OH GOD.

And... worst part... my dad's not what you'd call "talkative," or "comfortable with his emotions." So to this day, we've never mentioned it again. Awkward? Only when you think about it! :lol::)

Yeah, I notice you didn't mention your sister there :P TYS outed not only himself, but he outed ME to his sister and her roommate! LMAO I don't think I have EVER blushed so much in my life! I think I managed to come off somewhat nonchalant about it though. (yeah, NOT) :laugh:

Daphine - :P Don't worry! Everyone's got their bad experiences and fears and if your parents do find it they'll probably take it better than you expect.

TheFunkymutt - Thank you. It's not as scary as you'd think and not really that scary at all in retrospect.

The Wolf - Ouch... That must not have been fun. I'm really thankful that my parents are kind, open minded and understanding people... Even if my dad is the typical computer programmer nerd who isn't the best at dealing with people.

The Mute Poet - Yeah, I can understand your logic there. Ack, I hate the paranoia and such of being afraid someone might know but not being sure. That's probably why it was better of me to just come out and say it to him. If he'd randomly found the page in my history or such it would be a completely different story.

thousand-yard-stare - At least it sounds like your mom took it well. I was wondering when you posted on "Hmm.... What to do, what to do?" that you'd shown one of the comments to your mom if you'd somehow managed to cover up the logo or something :lol: and with your dad, oh god! :omg: If I have one absolute worst nightmare, that's probably the closest scenario I've ever imagined! Playing at top volume? :blush: Out of curiosity, do you know how it ended up like that? Did you accidentally leave it open, but how did the speakers end up on top volume? :)

If it makes you feel any better when I was younger, I forget how old, but I got a laptop and since I didn't need my old computer my mom got it and after the fact I realized that, being the lazy person I am, I wasn't sure if I'd deleted some random really bad sneeze flash animations. This was before I knew what my fetish was, all I knew was that I liked sneezing and just sort of did what I wanted to with out really wondering why. My mom had also been helping me learn how to use flash and encouraging me there so there was a higher chance she would open the flash files. :laugh: That may not sound as bad as walking in to find your wavs being played at full volume, and it probably wasn't since I never knew whether she found it or not, but let's just say the material on some of the videos would be... embarrassing to put it mildly. :lmfao:

sneezedude87 - Thank you. I can understand that feeling! Though I've never been close enough to an S.O. to tell them before. Of course, I've had pretty much a grand total of one not so serious relationship (by choice), so I can't say I've had much chance to.

HisPet - Haha, thanks! I'm glad you got some laughs out of it! :D I probably wouldn't come out either if I had your dad. ;) Nothing against your dad! I just don't think I'd tell him either if I were you.

Lynne - He outed you?! To his sister and her roommate?! That must have been... awkward to say the least. But then again, what are friends for if not revealing your secrets to their sisters and their sister's roommates... I need new friends.

(Just joking, I love all my friends and they'd never do that :lol: )

Daphine - :whip: Don't worry! Everyone's got their bad experiences and fears and if your parents do find it they'll probably take it better than you expect.

PetalsAndThorns, Thank you. I truly hope that you are right :popesmiley: This has always been one of my biggest fears but I would like to believe that my parents would be as understanding as your father was :cap:

thousand-yard-stare - At least it sounds like your mom took it well. I was wondering when you posted on "Hmm.... What to do, what to do?" that you'd shown one of the comments to your mom if you'd somehow managed to cover up the logo or something :laugh: and with your dad, oh god! :omg: If I have one absolute worst nightmare, that's probably the closest scenario I've ever imagined! Playing at top volume? :drool: Out of curiosity, do you know how it ended up like that? Did you accidentally leave it open, but how did the speakers end up on top volume? :dribble:

If it makes you feel any better when I was younger, I forget how old, but I got a laptop and since I didn't need my old computer my mom got it and after the fact I realized that, being the lazy person I am, I wasn't sure if I'd deleted some random really bad sneeze flash animations. This was before I knew what my fetish was, all I knew was that I liked sneezing and just sort of did what I wanted to with out really wondering why. My mom had also been helping me learn how to use flash and encouraging me there so there was a higher chance she would open the flash files. :boom: That may not sound as bad as walking in to find your wavs being played at full volume, and it probably wasn't since I never knew whether she found it or not, but let's just say the material on some of the videos would be... embarrassing to put it mildly. :boom:

I had my headphones in, and the speakers were up at top volume from previously, I suppose. The headphone cord was hanging down, the dog caught it on her paws and pulled it out... there you have it. :dead:

Lynne - He outed you?! To his sister and her roommate?!

Yeah. :wub: My bad. I just don't think about it with the same terms of utmost privacy and secrecy that most do... I'll really have to watch that when I visit you next time, Lynne. :eek: Honestly - I couldn't even remember if I'd told my sister or not, but apparently I had, because she knew what I was talking about without me saying its name. Also, in my own defense, YOU were the one doing mod work and talking about it while my sister and her roommate were sitting right there. How long did you think it would be before they got curious as to what we were discussing? :lol::D

Bah, I discuss the site all the time in front of outsiders, they just don't know what I'm referring to LOL I didn't say I was terribly upset about it... I did tell you to go ahead and tell them, but that doesn't mean I wasn't really embarrassed at the same time LOL You commented yourself on how red I was.

Archived