Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Devil Wears Prada

zakandsara

If you guys aren't familiar, this movie (based on a fictional book) is about a respected, famous editor of a fashion magazine who's incredibly demanding and somewhat of a bitch (played by Meryl Streep in the movie). She hires a new assistant, Andy, (played by Anne Hathaway) who's only there because it can get her a good job later on. Her main assistant, Emily, (played by Emily Blunt) is very fashion forward and actually likes working for Miranda. It's told from Andy's point of view.

*I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS!*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, Em." I said as she walked into the office that morning. I'd already been there for several hours doing my daily, tedious tasks for Miranda; buying AND meticulously organizing at least ten newspapers and magazines that had to be placed on her desk before her arrival, making sure her breakfast was hot AND ready exactly when she was, getting her morning Starbucks, the list goes on.

"Hello, Andy. Did you make sure to call Hermes this morning?" She replied, settling into business before she settled into her chair.

"Um..yes, I called them first thing. They said they'd have her scarves ready by about noon."

"Okay. And you've already gotten everything ready for her morning routine?" She asked me, as though I hadn't been working there for seven and a half months.

"Yup. Everything's under control."

"Good, because she's here." Emily warned.

Just then, the one and only Miranda Priestly burst through the doors. She was dressed head to toe in clothes of the top designers in the world, donning an entire outfit of items that wouldn't be in stores for another six weeks. She had her mink coat in hand, along with her Prada handbag, and tossed it onto my desk as she passed, signifying that I'd be the one to hang them up today. Her heels clacked against the floor as she moved into her office, spouting orders to a very attentive Emily, who was writing every word in a small notebook. When she finally reached her office she stopped, looked me up and down and uttered those two simple words that, each time she said them, made me resent this place even more: "That's all."

Emily and I moved back to our desks and started to tend to the overflowing emails that we were responsible for when all of sudden, I heard Miranda take several deep breaths. I looked over at Emily, who shot me back a look of confusion and flat out fear. We continued to watch her as she paged through the layout of the new magazine, and her breathing suddenly got more rapid. She brought her delicate hand up to her face and put her index finger under her nose, all the while not taking her fluttering eyes off of the magazine. She continued to breath like this for about ten seconds, until, finally, she stopped and looked up. She moved her finger up higher and took one deep breath, and then: AII-HOOOOO! She took her finger away and sniffed a couple of times, not going back to the magazine just yet. She stood up and walked over to the doorway, now standing in front of Emily and I, who were still completely transfixed.

"Emily," she announced. Emily stood to face her. "I'll need you to make my reservation for seven tonight, not eight. And arrange for someone to pick up the twins from their friends house somewhere down the street. And have-EIHH-HOOO, excuse me, have Donatella on the phone when I get back. That's all." She said, not missing a beat. Emily, however, squirmed uncomfortably upon seeing Miranda sneeze so openly.

"Erm. Yes, Miranda." Emily answered awkwardly.

Miranda turned and walked back to her office, stopping before she got in the door. She brought her hand to her nose and breathed in once, and let out a sudden, but abrupt: Hehh...EHH-HOO! EHHTCHOO. Her petite waist bent as each powerful sneeze overtook her usually perfectly poised and proper body.

"Bless you, Miranda." I offered, immediately knowing it was a mistake. Miranda Priestly was a god to these people, and you do not bring attention to human weaknesses as simple as sneezing.

She turned back to face me, her cold eyes stared into mine. She looked me up and down for about twenty seconds before she muttered "Mm-hmm.", and walked gracefully back to her desk.

I looked over to Emily, who, as usual, was shaking her head at me-a surefire sign that I had done something wrong, once again.

"Idiot." She muttered as she went back to typing. I rolled my eyes and clicked back to my computer screen, knowing it was about to be a very long day.

Archived