Sneeze Fetish Forum

Syllables

High on Lullabies

Random thought occurred to me yesterday. How many syllables does your sneeze have? I mean your natural sneeze, I'm sure we could put about as many syllables into a sneeze as we wanted if we actually thought about it.

I think this is the sort of thing I think about through hearing and not seeing a lot of sneezes (which happens a lot both at work and on the train). So you could have a one syllable: 'Shoo!', two syllables: 'Ka-shoo!' or three: 'Ha-re-shoo!' or *whisper it* more??? I'm not sure I've ever heard a sneeze of more than 3 syallables. Has anyone else? If so what did it sound like?

Myself, I'm generally a two-syllable man. Except when I induce for recording a .wav and such, when they tend to come out as 3, whether that's because I'm concentrating on the sneeze to try and make it sound good or something, I don't know.

My sneezes are usually two syllables, but once in a while I might get a three. Never one. I've heard one, two and three syllables, but never more. :) Hope this helps.

I'm pretty much a 2 syllable kinda guy. ;)

I did once know a guy who was almost a 4. Definitely a 3 but usually with an extra little cough like thing at the end which I never really knew whether to count as part of the sneeze or not. :hug:

It seems like 4+ syllables would be very difficult to do... and as yet I've never heard a sneeze with that many... my own tend to come out as two and sometimes three, though if they're affected then it's generally two. The less syllables you're doing, the fewer chances to mess it up. Hehe. ;)

This is a question that has always fascinated me. Apart from the question of the four-syllable sneezes, there is the big difference between the two syllable varieties : "ah CHOO !" versus "TISH ah !" I'm not sure which is more common, although the poll suggests the first one is.

There is a poll about this, but a long way back.

http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/forums/in...c=26937&hl=

Hmmm...

Not sure whether this counts but a girl I used to work with would always pinch her nose to stifle. Can you count ths actual stifle sound as a syllable?? If so then it's 4...

HAT-NNGH-Ti-Shoo.

i suppose it depnds if you're optimistic or not. You know, like the "glass half empty or half full" thing

ok... now i have to really think about this... i range from a nice harsh "Hih'shuh!" of two syllables to my more usual "Heh'Ish'ihh!" with three... my half stifels tend to be three, but i can stifle them to complete silence, making it zero...

Hmm. Well suppose that someone had the not uncommon triple hitch, then a sort of half-stifle of the "Kangaroo" type, then a girly Choo-ey, and finally the sigh of ecstasy; it would be...

Huh-huh-huh- HAH- Kah-NGA-TSCHOO-EY- HUUUH!

Nine!

Personally i think that it really depends how you define a syllable. I would say that most sneezes have one syllable ("tchoo") or maybe two if there is a delay between the moment you feel the sneeze coming and the moment you actually sneeze ("ha-tchoo").

Since this post came up, I've been counting the number of syllables in my sneezes. They have all been three syllables except one, which surprised me, as I thought the two-syllables were my norm. The two-syllable sneeze was the only one in the metro, so it may have been an unconscious effort to moderate it. Three syllable would thus be default mode.

This may also explain why induced sneezes are more often three syllables, as the inducer is 'trying to get it all out'.

anybody care to take a guess on mine? I'd say two or three, depending on the situation, but I'm not sure LOL

:blushing: not that i would know about this firsthandedly, but i'd guess a nice 3 syllables.... normally... although, sometimes i get the feeling you might possibly drop down to two, especially if its within close proximity to another one... :blushing: of course, this is all a guess...

Archived