Inducing....Issues.....

Brittney

Okayyyy, no matter what I do I can never induce a sneeze

=\

*tear*

I've tried everything nothing works.

=\

Help.

First, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. As for your question, there are many options for inducing. You can look here to find things you may have not thought of. Personally, I would suggest something not listed there - I've found I sneeze when I scratch the inside of my eye sockets. Whatever the case may be, good luck! :)

Plastic clothes tags (the things used to attach price tags to clothing) never fail for me. The longer it is the better. Give it a try and let us know what happens!

I would say experiment further with something more solid; but of course being incredibly careful with it not to hurt yourself. The matchstick [of course], the cocktailstick, even a pencil has been successfully used by many. Just have a relaxing tickle and don't worry about the result; it'll be fun tickling your nose anyway.

My only other suggestion would be that inducing with a cold is usually much easier. Next time you have one, try to see what works best and then when you have an idea what is best then practice that method. I used not to be able to induce photically (the tendency was there and I could encourage out a stuck sneeze that way but I couldn't induce from scratch) but having tried out various things I can now do it reasonably reliably given the right conditions.

Also TYS has also recently posted that he had success using a clothes tag despite the fact that hadn't worked for him before....he just tried one that was a different shape and it worked.

And if sticking clothes tags up your nose doesn't make you sneeze, you can always try a method that has worked for just about everyone I've ever met: stick cold viruses up your nose. You won't sneeze immediately, but you will eventually. :devil1:

Good point Sneezster. That is probably my favourite method. First locate your virus.... :devil1:

Archived