Sneeze Fetish Forum

Pity

Adrilynn

Strange, but one of the things I really like is to feel sorry for someone, like on TV and in books.... a certain amount of pity adn feeling sorry for them goes a long way towards my liking them.

Hmmm. Almost sounds familiar but not quite.

I mean... if I really feel sorry for a character in a book or a movie... well first of all that's quite hard to evoke. I don't feel sorry easily. And when I do, it's normally a quite painful experience. Enjoyable in the way that a book or a movie making me feel that must be a really good one; but still painful.

Now, then there is something that's almost fake-pity. Something that I feel towards a pitifully cute or cutely pitiful character. That's definately enjoyable and makes me like the character more. But I'm not really feeling sorry for them; it's more like.... awww, poor thing, he'll get over that though (or he's a loser, yuck!). It's somewhere between endearment and amusement and a very nice, warm, funny feeling.

I hope I made any sense! :drool:

When I feel sorry for someone it definitely evokes the feeling that I want to try and help. Even if it was someone I didn't like if they needed my help I would do what I could.

It doesn't necessarily make me like them though although if I help them and they respond to me in a more friendly way than they did previously it might make becoming friends easier I suppose.

Strange, but one of the things I really like is to feel sorry for someone, like on TV and in books.... a certain amount of pity and feeling sorry for them goes a long way towards my liking them.

God you'd love me. I feel sorry for myself ALL time. Sometimes for good reason and sometime for no reason at all. It's quite horrible. :devil1:

I can relate to what you're saying though. I think that's one of the reasons why I enjoy watching sad dramas. Some of my favorite movies are

Terms of Endearment

Steel Magnolias

Titanic

oh the list could go on forever I'm sure. :dead:

• 6 months later...

I can relate to this... I mean, I often find myself getting a crush on the "pathetic" characters in TV and films. The typical strong, leading man type everyone else is swooning over is usually NOT my favorite character! I guess I tend to fall for characters who seems 'weak'... unable to cope with something... comfortable in their own skin, perhaps (that kind of confidence is sexy), but just naturally 'pitiful' or being put in a particular situation where I can feel sorry for them. It just really makes me feel like giving them a hug, I guess... and once my heart has been captured like that, the rest of my body seems to want to follow... :yes:

It's so funny how they give nerdy characters "allergies" in movies but NEVER the cool guys! I've always wondered how real 'cool guys' with allergies feel about this, LOL... it's like, hey, I'm still cool in spite of my allergies, aren't I? I hope?? What's with the &*% stereotype... no fair!!! :D

Archived