Sneeze Fetish Forum

Ever think of changing the site's name??

JackJenkey

I hope I'm not being out of line here, or anything like that, but I just wanted to make a point and share my opinion. it seems to me that the main reason there is a problem with posting underage clips or discussion of underage people, is because this site is using the word "fetish". Fetish is automatically linked with sex and sexual issues, so therefore, it is a problem to be including underage people on a "Fetish" site. Also, the rules of what can and cannot be posting or discussed are still somewhat unclear in certant instances. Therefore, people often post things that they shouldn't post, without realizing that the content is not acceptable. Another issue with the word "fetish" is that is tends to attract more negative attention from people who don't necassary have the fetish.

In my opinion, if this site had a different name like "Sneezes Are Fun", or "The World of Sneezes" it would be more accepted by the general public, and would not necessaily be linked with sex and other sex-related sites. It would just be a site for people that like sneezes or think they are funny, interesting, fun, etc. We wouldn't all have to be so paranoid about underage clips, and other issues that seems to worry the moderators so much. Just an opinion I thought I'd share. Anyone agree?

changing the name may solve some problems, but could create others as well. With your 2 suggestions, the site would still be subject to ridicule by someone who thinks it is fun to tuant/ tease/ harrass people for something they do not understand. (remember the somethingawful.com incident?)

While site owner, mods, and admins have added things to minimize that risk, there is nothing 100%

Getting rid of the word fetish doesn't suddenly make it OK to post underage material in inappropriate places either.

Changing the name of the site would not suddenly permit underage clips or other materials here. We don't allow those things because this *IS* a sexually-based discussion board, and is INTENDED to be such. Changing what we call it wouldn't change the intent of the site itself.

I wouldn't necessarily change the name of the site, but I'd like it better if the title bar didn't say the name of the site and if the welcome page didn't have the title so huge. I'm sort of forced to only check the site when I'm TRULY alone, as in NO ONE IS HOME. Even so, I can manage. I never would have thought of changing the name if this post hadn't been here. And if it was "sneezes are fun" or something, It'd be worse for me, or at least as bad, because it would still say sneeze really huge which, again, is what I try to avoid.

They found the site by accident, and posted about it, and dozens of their members registered to troll us. It took quite some time for the staff to clean up, and it was very unpleasant for a few weeks until they all got bored and left us alone again.

I wouldn't necessarily change the name of the site, but I'd like it better if the title bar didn't say the name of the site and if the welcome page didn't have the title so huge. I'm sort of forced to only check the site when I'm TRULY alone, as in NO ONE IS HOME. Even so, I can manage. I never would have thought of changing the name if this post hadn't been here. And if it was "sneezes are fun" or something, It'd be worse for me, or at least as bad, because it would still say sneeze really huge which, again, is what I try to avoid.

Even so... don't you think it's much more fun to run around here when there's nobody else around irl? :unsure:

They found the site by accident, and posted about it, and dozens of their members registered to troll us. It took quite some time for the staff to clean up, and it was very unpleasant for a few weeks until they all got bored and left us alone again.

yes, they made a post on their site, we made their "worst site of the week" one time. Then all the immature idiots that hang out there joined the forum, and started posting stupid, HS kid type comments here. It was a difficult time for the entire forum.

I'm agreeing with Lynne completely here, and as one of those underage members, I'd like to point out that we are rather strict with letting U-18 members see or say certain things. As Lynne pointed out, the site is sexually based and we don't have to hide that, no matter what those at jackass websites say.

Also... JJ, "World of Sneezes" and "Sneezes Are Fun" are pretty gay site titles. Just sayin'.

That was unnecessary.

While I think it would be nice to not have a giant banner declaring the name, I feel that the name is sort of a part of the site's history now and should be left as is. :laugh:

And as an afterthought, if anyone is worried about that... if you change the skin (drop down box in the bottom left corner) to "IP.Board Pro," then the banner disappears. :unsure:

Lol, wish I'd come across that tip about 6 years ago, TYS...

But I do agree that the name of the site itself is part of what makes this place so unique, much like the obs archives - there's alot to be said for history and tradition in such a close-knit community.

Archived