Sneeze Fetish Forum

denying a cold and blaming it on allergies...

countless

Some time ago one of my friends-musicians was sniffling a lot and blowing her nose several times during a repetition.

Someone remarked that she was apparently coming down with a cold.

No ! she said. Just by allergies that are playing ub *sniffle*.

Allergies ? I had never noticed any allergies with her before.

And when I saw her back after one week she was still coughing...

Why do people deny that they have a cold and blame it all on allergies ??

I have seen this with others before.

Anyone has an explanation ?

C

because allergies are "innocent".. you cant catch allergies.

Now a cold on the other hand.. the person is "infected" and trying to get everyone sick.

I've noticed this too. People seem just randomly to say "I haven't got a cold; it's just hay fever" every time they sneeze. Of course sometimes it really is hay fever, but they seem to deny a cold anyway. I suppose they do mean that it is not catching, but if they always say it, perhaps they don't really know.

I rather like it; it means they are not going to go to loony lengths to cover, and it's a bit like an extended apology. In fact didn't I put it into a story; I can't remember where.

I've done this, when I had a cold and didn't want to scare people away from me. Generally, I'm very good about hygiene and rarely pass a cold along to anyone. But still, people don't want to be around someone with a cold. Normal people, that is, not one of us. Or me.

People are less scared off by someone with an allergy.

I was brought up to be very germophobic and was brought up to think that people who visited other people's houses with colds were intolerably rude. So for years I would absolutely try to deny having colds (never used the allergy excuse admittedly, just did my utmost to hide the symptoms) because I assumed everyone would find it disgusting.

The same for me. Generally, I find it kind of rude and icky for someone with a cold to be all up in my grill, but then again it depends on the person. I was always very germaphobic, but as a cold whore it has the complete pposite effect on me if I find the person attractive.

I've never experienced this before (myself or others) but yes usually when I have a cold I'll try not to let other people see me sneezing/blowing my nose etc. Personally, there's a reason for blaming colds on allergies, but yeah, I'd find it better if the person was honest about it.

I've never experienced this before (myself or others) but yes usually when I have a cold I'll try not to let other people see me sneezing/blowing my nose etc. Personally, there's a reason for blaming colds on allergies, but yeah, I'd find it better if the person was honest about it.

I'd find it better if the person was honest. I'd enjoy it much more if I knew it was infectious! :laugh:

"Personally, there's a reason for blaming colds on allergies." Care to tell us the reason?

Yeah, my parents are total germaphobes, and if I told them I was sick, they'd be like "Oh, you'd better not go to school today, if not you'd pass it to someone else, blah blah," when it's just a slight runny nose and most of the time, I end up catching my colds from my schoolmates anyways. But I do know when to draw the line, like when I'm really sick, I'd stay at home and be honest about it, and take all those bitter medicines and stuff. But if it's just a little sniffle, I tend to just blame it on allergies, if someone notices.

My parents seem to have forgotten that I don't have allergies (or none that I can remember, hehe)

Hope that answers your question!

I've done this myself, and I'm not really sure why. I think for me having a cold is like admitting to a weakness, and I get some stupid male macho urge to pretend I couldn't possibly be affected by a mere common cold virus. Saying something like "I'm fine, it's just dust getting to me" somehow makes it seem less humiliating. I know it's dumb, but I've definitely felt that way in the past.

I get some stupid male macho urge to pretend I couldn't possibly be affected by a mere common cold virus.

no man-flu for you ? :P

I get some stupid male macho urge to pretend I couldn't possibly be affected by a mere common cold virus.

no man-flu for you ? ^_^

No point unless there's a sympathetic lady around to take care of me :bleh:

Archived