Sneeze Fetish Forum

Talking about the fetish in your own language

March Hare

I've been wondering whether I'm the only one who has this issue:

I can't really talk about the fetish in my own language. It feels awkward, uncomfortable and stupid. I don't know why this is - probably because I discovered the phenomenon 'fetish' right along with the community and I've exclusively discussed it in English since - but whenever I even try to talk about sneezing in Dutch, be it fetish-related or not, my tongue ties itself in knots and so do my toes.

I've told my boyfriend (not in English, but on IM, typing is easier somehow), and sometimes he talks about it in Dutch and it's simply embarrassing. I think I need to practice a little, but I wonder whether I'll ever be completely comfortable talking about the fetish in Dutch.

How do you guys feel about this?

How very true. I can't seem to be able to talk about it in Arabic either. Any idea why? I mean apart from the fact that we were introduced to it in English. Good question. :)

Lamborghini

How very true. I can't seem to be able to talk about it in Arabic either. Any idea why? I mean apart from the fact that we were introduced to it in English. Good question. :)

Lamborghini

English, of course, is less "close to home" - a sort of disguise, you know? Maybe that's another reason.

Interesting topic. I think it's what you are used to. As I met a French-speaking sneeze fetishists years before the forums emerged, it was much easier for me to speak about it in French than in English, even though I spent a good part of my childhood in Australia. It was only after quite a lot of talking about it with English speakers that I began to feel more natural.

There's another aspect to this issue. A couple of French sneeze fetishists have told me that they don't get as much out of reading about sneezing in English as they do in French - probably the "distance" factor that Maru-chan was mentioning, though working in the other direction. So this may be one reason that the forum is full of people who feel happy in English and explains why we have so few members from, say, Eastern Europe... or China !

I don't know, I don't have that experience. :) In fact, I prefer talking/writing about the fetish in my own language, because to be honest, I think it sounds much hotter! :unsure:

but whenever I even try to talk about sneezing in Dutch, be it fetish-related or not, my tongue ties itself in knots and so do my toes.

niezen, een niesbui, een 'natte' nies, ... ;)

WEIRD ! You are right, it is just not the same. I think it is partly because if we ever talked about our fetish it has always been in English. And in my opinion the English language has several nice words for which we do not have a Dutch equivalent : a spray (how the hell can we translate that?), a fit, a nose-blow, stifling, ...

C

WEIRD !

Same problem here...

although we do have fine translations for most common terminology:

spray: sproeisel, niessel

honking: toeteren

a stifled sneeze: een antinies

a fit: een niesberoerte

coughing sneeze: een hoestproest

a nose-blow: een neus-pijp

(just kidding of course ;))

Well, as you know, in my view no sneeze-vocabulary can be faulted which contains the word "neusslijmvlies".

Seriously, I think you're all idealising English [which I suppose is a pleasant change]. Ordianry people don't go round talking about inducing or having an enormous spray, and if they did, most of us would be terribly embarrassed, just as you are.

But don't, say, children talk about "een groote natte nies"?

Archived