Sneeze Fetish Forum

Is it uncommon to weird after tie-ing or having a record number of sneezes at once?

colorado198219

I feel quite weird about this. But the other day out of the blue I stifle a sneeze (I was at my apartment, so I dont know why I just didnt let the sneeze out) a few secounds later I sneezed again (another stiffled sneeze) i thought I was done but still had an itch in my nose which is bizzare because I have quite large nostrils which usually I think causes the sneeze itch to go after 1 sneeze and rarely but about once every several occasions times I sneeze I do 2 sneezes. I wasnt done yet, I had to sneeze again for a total of 3 (the third sneeze was also stifled)

I have noticed that two out of the now four times in my life I have sneezed three times. Have been when I stifled the sneezes.

I was wondering has anyone else felt strange or what sort of feelings do you get when a sneezing record occurs?

Am I the only who has tied or broke a sneeze record lately?

Once in a while I sneeze an unusual number of times in the morning, while still at home. Sometimes I worry that I'm going to keep sneezing uncontrollably once I go out in public, but it usually doesn't happen. ;)

Stifling probably encourages extra sneezes because the irritant most likely doesn't get out, and/or your brain might think it hasn't gotten out. So, don't stifle. :mellow:

I usually go in doubles regardless of whether I stifle or not, but I remember a high school friend of mine who always sneezed twice in a row when he stifled (as he usually did, at least in class) but only once when he let the sneeze go. I have seen him but once sneeze a double while he was not stifling.

So yes, there is probably some correlation, and the reason must be what AllergyBoy says above -- if I remember well, one of the guys who used to post on Bondi's wav page always had to sneeze once more after he stifled.

• 2 weeks later...

I misssed this post at the time... not that it really matters, as I can't really tell whether stifling increases or decreases the likelihood of sneezing more, but here are a few thoughts anyway.

It's hard to tell because there aren't many people who stifle sometimes, but not always and that you can observe for long enough. Only one of my friends really fits this description. He stifles in principal, but there have been times (surprisingly when he has a cold) when he does not. 90% of the time he sneezes doubles, whether he stifles or not, whether he has got a cold or not. The only thing that makes me think you other guys may be right is that the other 10% of times he sneezes triples, but I have only seen those when he stifles.

However I do think that people believe that stifling will stop sneezes. Very often in France at least if a man sneezes - a tough guy sort of man - once, or twice, he'll let it out. Once it seems like a series, he'll stifle, partly to avoid attracting attention, but partly too I think to try to stop the series. And it often works, unfortunately.

I can't give you any first hand experience though. I never stifle.

Archived