Sneeze Fetish Forum

AIs do get colds too

InsanityStreak

Yes, I know I'm a video game nerd. But I think Cortana is hot! Seriously, seeing her sneeze would be...:D And I'm not abandoning my other story... I just kinda got inspiration for this while reading a Halo novel, so yeah. Enjoy!

0320 hours, April 23, 2548 (Military Calendar)\Epsilon Eridami System, Planet Reach, Classified AI Testing area.

Dr. Catherine Halsey was distraught. Her 'baby' AI, Cortana, had somehow imported a computer virus into her memory processing banks. Nothing she tried would work. Anti-virus intrusion programs, system cleaning, even burning the infected data banks. After all her efforts, Cortana still had the distinct greenish tinge from her usual blue, was functioning at only 75 percent capability, and was streaming and continually expelling the data corrupted by the malicious program.

"Uhh-tchoo! Doctor, please, rest! I'm currently performing a dissection of the...theehhh-tchoo! virus. Cortana's holographic body shook and shimmered.

"You're the one that needs rest, Cortana. Activate hibernation subroutine for 8 hours, fail-safe code youaregettingsleepy. Timer set to two minutes," Halsey replied briskly.

"Yes, Doctor, I...Iiiiatcsshiew! I understand *sniff*," the AI said, and slowly her image started to dim out. Halsey could do nothing, she gave all the care possible to Cortana, like a mother treating a sick child, with no visible results. There was nothing to do but let Cortana deal with it herself, but she could not bear to see her creation suffer so much. "No, this will be a test for her virus deletion subroutines," she thought to herself. One of Cortana's older sisters, Cydonia, had her thought processors irreversibly corrupted by malicious programs and Halsey remembered the pain she had undergone, having to dump the entire AI or risk the system being infected. She could do nothing but wait.

~to be continued.

Comments? :P

Cool!! I haven't heard of this before, but it's interesting anyhow :D There's actually another book where AI's get a human virus, called Virus by Molly Brown.

Nice beginning, I'm looking forward to the next part!

Archived