Sneeze Fetish Forum

R's disappointing reaction to sneezing article

juliette

Something surreal happened to me the other evening. I was at R's and we were at his computer and he went to the bbc homepage to look at the news and saw a link to the article mentioned in this post:

http://www.sneezefetishforum.org/forums/in...st&p=280412

He said, "A sneeze means you're aroused?" and clicked on the headline. I was nonplussed of course and hoping he'd talk about it some more ;)

... but he just looked at the article for a few seconds and then said, "Ridiculous!" and clicked away to look at something else with no further comment.

I was disappointed he wasn't more interested!

Juliette

xx

I had posted on the general discussion thread about the same study. But I will add the same comment here, if helpful.

The research report in the British medical journal is not only not ridiculous but the sex-sneezing relationship has been known since at least the 19th century. (As a career science researce our mantra is that a little more time in the library, or using online science article databases is usually bebeneficial. These researchers could have beneftted as well for some more library time).

In the 1890s McKenzie deccribed how the nasal tissue has similarities to those involved in reproduction/arosal. He went on to report that this similarity led a subset of indiduals to get congested or to sneeze when they were arosed or sexually satified.)

The British scientists rediscovered the 19th century finding. It is only a minor subset of people affected. Certainly, does not mean that every sneeze is sex-thought-related obviously. But your friend dismissal of it is simply dismissing a much long standing science-based connection.

The Straight Dope Books series (Chicago tribune-I think- newpapers exerpts) also had a lengthy letter exchange on this topic involving a women who had these "symtoms" for years (back in the 1970s or 1980s I thinks).

I hope this may be useful.

r.

Archived