Sneeze Fetish Forum

Suzy Kolber, ESPN - (3 Parts)

zneeze

Um, yeah, here's the background.

Background on Suzy Kolber: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Kolber

Background on the plot: It's last Monday, December 22, 2008, at a Bears' game in Chicago, where at the time the wind chill got as cold as twenty-below. After hearing Kolber on the sideline talking in a quite congested voice, ficlet bunnies danced in my head. :) Here's part 1/?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“…because defedse is what has always carried dis teab. For your ‘Teabs at Twetty Update,’ I’b Suzy Kolber, ESPN.”

God, that was horrible. The end of that should have sounded more like, “…because defense is what has always carried this team. For your ‘Teams at Twenty Update,’ I’m Suzy Kolber, ESPN.” But what was I supposed to do? It’s currently zero degrees in Chicago, and someone just told me the wind chill factor makes it feel more like fifteen below. Figures. I don’t remember the last time I was this congested, and my nose is starting to itch. Horrible time to start getting sick.

I seriously wish sometimes that this wasn’t part of my job. I should’ve learned in year one that bundling up for Chicago night games was important. Stupid Monday Night Football. I’d rather be home, in Connecticut, in my warm bed. The football player part of me is telling me to suck it up, but a woman like me shouldn’t have to put up with fifteen below!

Then again, that’s not what 17-year-old Suzy would have said. I’ve played in some cold games myself – and not many women can say they’ve played in any football game. Maybe when I moved to Miami for college, some of that rough-and-tumble attitude was lost like the cold weather…

But that’s not important now. I think I’m wearing seven or eight layers under here, and I’m still the coldest person on the field right now. This puffy magenta coat isn’t really doing its job. And now that I think about it… it’s ugly…

“…They feel like Greed Bay will be stadding aroud the heaters a lot bore thad theb. Dow, to Bichele Tafoya with a report od the Packers.”

As soon as the camera light clicked off, the tickle in my nose made me give in – “ha’ESHoo!” I’m pretty sure the spray from my sneeze didn’t hit the ESPN microphone I was holding, but I’ll never be sure. The camera guy took it, said bless you, and left. And what am I supposed to do now? Stay down here till he comes back. Phth.

I think I’ll be standing around the heaters more than both teams… combined. It’s freaking cold out here! The wind chill dropped to twenty below, and it isn’t done getting colder. I can’t help but look around… some of the players don’t even have gloves or sleeves on. Talk about tough. Even my fellow analysts aren’t very bundled up – Steve Young and Ron Jaworski are only wearing what looks like a black Nehru jacket. It’ll be a miracle if we all get out of here alive and without pneumonia…

Oh God – “he’ESHoo! ESHoo!” *sigh* Yeah. Like I was saying…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBC? Questions? Comments? Cheesecake?

Part two. Sorry it's short!

After what seemed like hours of waiting, the game finally kicks off. I can’t concentrate on the game or my job right now… I need a tissue. Badly. I thought I packed some before. Maybe I ran out. Who knows...

Sadly, I can’t exactly leave the field at this time. I have to wait until the men up top give me the signal. But that won’t be until I make an update from the field! This is all too complicated…

“H’ESHoo!”

I better hope somebody gets hurt so I can report it. Then I can get permission to leave the field momentarily…

“H’emph!”

Yuck.

Wait a second… what if I use a fresh towel from the bench? Nobody would notice if I just snuck over here nonchalantly and... There. Perfect. It’s not a Kleenex, but it’ll do in these conditions. Hmm… maybe I’d better hold onto this...

PART THREE!

HESHoo!” Halfway through the game. I’m starting to freeze, literally. It seems that way, at least. I can’t move my fingers. I can’t feel my feet. And I’m definitely catching something. At least I got to take a quick break to run inside and find some tissues. Well, toilet paper, but still…

It’s been a slow night, too. Bad game. Nothing of interest to report. But that hasn’t stopped me from doing my job… sadly. It’s the third quarter, and I’m wondering how some of the sleeveless players are surviving. Maybe I can do a small report on that. Hey, that’s not a bad idea…

But I can’t think about that now. Need to sneeze again. I grab my “tissue” just in time to cover a powerful triple. “HESHoo! Ha – Ha’ESHoo! H’ISHoo!” Now my head is pounding and my throat is scratchy. This is juuuust great. If I survive this I’ll have pneumonia for Christmas.

The tickle hasn’t gone away yet, though. “hih – huh-HUHshoo!” Ugh…

Again, sorry for the short-ness, this is just to get my creative juices flowing. :P

:drool:

That.

Was.

Epic.

:laugh:

...Are we allowed to say this yet? Or do we have to wait until it's (shudders) over?

:drool:

That.

Was.

Epic.

:D

...Are we allowed to say this yet? Or do we have to wait until it's (shudders) over?

Go ahead :laugh:

(Is it really that good?)

Archived