Sneeze Fetish Forum

Ctrl, Alt, Delete - (3 Parts)

lalaland~

Ctrl, Alt, Delete

Yay it’s Death Note! If you have not heard of it, (shame on you!) it’s about a boy who finds a “Death Note” that when you write a person’s name in it, they die. Teru Mikami is one of the last characters introduced into the series (and my favorite) and he is a “Kira worshipper”. By the way... ‘Kira’ is the name that most people use to refer to the ‘mysterious person’ that can kill people with a heart attack. Mikami thinks of him as ‘God’. Kira chooses Mikami to receive a notebook and replace Misa (his ex- 2nd Kira). He’s pretty OCD, which, well...makes a fun story to write (haha). In addition, he is a prosecuting attorney...and everything I learned about attorneys, the court, ect. is from Phoenix Wright so if it’s not accurate... ^ ^’

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Death Note. um, duh.

Pictures:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll316/L...s008/Mikami.jpg

http://www.absoluteanime.com/death_note/mikami.jpg

http://file043b.bebo.com/9/large/2008/04/2...7521845617l.jpg

~PART 1~

Teru Mikami woke up at exactly 7:30, like he did every other day. He got out of bed, put on his usual black suit outfit and tie, ate his usual breakfast, and grabbed his usual black bag. However, one thing was unusual – from the moment he woke up, Mikami knew something was off; he just couldn’t put a finger on it. He seemed tired, but maybe it was because he was up late writing names in the notebook God had given him, but then again, he did this every night, and he went to bed at exactly the same time as usual, so that clearly was not the reason he was tired. Maybe it was his job, after all a job as an attorney could be very stressful, but after he thought about it, he realized he hadn’t been doing any tough cases at work lately so that couldn’t be why he was tired either. In addition, his sense of smell was off and his nose seemed a little stuffed up, but he just chalked it up as allergies and ignored it. Nevertheless, all this thinking would just have to wait for later; he had a train to catch.

Teru sat on the train with his bag next to him and his hands in his lap. It was quiet for a Monday, as not many people were on the train. He noticed his throat was beginning to get a little dry and scratchy, forcing him to occasionally clear his throat, which bothered him a little. He also noticed how more and more frequently he would have to sniffle to keep his nose from running. Mikami assumed he must be allergic to something (even though it was November). The train stopped and he picked up his bag and forgot all about his nose and throat.

Mikami arrived at work at exactly 8:30 (like always) and he walked to his office and set his bag on the table (in the usual spot). He noticed a stack of papers on his desk. They were a little messy, which Mikami, out of habitual impulse, immediately straightened. He read the top page and discovered that a big case had finally opened up and he would get to appear in court today. Another evildoer would pay for his sins. Mikami cracked a small smile at that before switching his expression to his usual stoic one. He had research to do before his appearance in court, so he got busy. As Mikami worked on his computer and read previous cases for information, he noticed that his nose was running almost constantly and his throat was getting very sore. He got a glass of water and some tissues from the copy room and took them back to his office, hoping no one noticed. He suspected that he might be coming down with a cold, but figured if he ignored it mostly, it would go away, after all, he had no time for such a nuisance. A woman knocked on the door and opened it, not waiting for a response. “I brought the cases you asked for Mikami-san.” The woman, Megumi, his assistant, announced as she walked in with a small stack of files. “Thank you.” Mikami did not even look up. Noticing that something was peculiar about the lawyer, Megumi paused and peered closely at his face. “Mikami-san, your face is pale and you’re sniffling. Do you have a cold?” “I’m fine.” he said briskly. She took the hint and left his office, but still with a worried expression on her face. Mikami was relieved that she didn’t pry into it anymore because he really had to sneeze, but didn’t want to do it in front of her because then she would force him to take time off or something equally ridiculous. He glanced around to make sure no one was looking and stifled a quick sneeze into his fist, “kshu!” He sniffled and continued with his work. It was going to be a long day.

Mikami was at the courtroom at 3:00 in time for his appearance as the prosecuting attorney. He took his seat at the desk conveniently labeled and with a nameplate that read “Prosecutor, Mikami” The courtroom was packed with people eager to see another criminal tried and convicted. That sort of thing easily excited people these days, especially after Kira, no- God appeared. Mikami cleared his throat: the dry tickly feeling was back to haunt him, hopefully it would not interrupt his case. The criminal being tried was a man who allegedly committed an armed robbery, and it was Mikami’s job to prove it. He had researched that morning, was fully prepared, and had plenty of proof to rub in his face. Proof was the key in these trials; without it, you lose.

Author’s Notes –

I made up Megumi’s name because none (lol I typed “nose” the first time) of Mikami’s coworkers are given names in the series.

The title made me laugh so hard >< (It’s not that funny >>)

It gets better...

Ooooh, more Death Note. I feel so spoiled. :P I loooove the series! And this one is about Mikami. Wonderful. I can't wait to read more! And I do like your title. :)

Ohh, this looks like a very interesting beginning! I can't wait to see where you take this. Mikami is calmer about this than I would imagine, but I can't see that lasting partciularly long. He's characterized really well here. I like your emphasis on how he does the same thing every day. Anyway, good job, looking forward to more!

Just so you know, his assistant actually IS named in the series--her name is Nakajima. But her given name could very well be Megumi, they never say!

@Cerulean Flower: =) yay! I'm glad you like it, I'm loving all the DN out there now, too!

@Natto: O rly? I guess I never noticed that (haha)

I really didn’t mean to make him seem calm, it just seemed so trivial at this point, that he could ignore it. =/ meh

glad you enjoy it!

I hope I'm not making him seem out of character...it's taking a long time to write because I keep rewriting the parts because I think, "that doesn't sound like Mikami..."

I'm really not sure where this story is going after part 4 =/

hope you like part 2 =D

~PART 2~

The judge brought order to the court and the trial began. “Trial” was the right word for it, especially in Mikami’s case. As the judge droned on and on about the background information for the case (for the sake of the audience mostly) Mikami found it increasingly difficult to battle the annoying tickle that kept creeping into his nose. His partner, Kosuke Hasegawa, who was sitting next to him, noticed how Mikami would frequently bring his hand to his face to rub at his nose, but decided against mentioning it. By the time the judge was finished and it was time to call the first witness, Mikami was extremely uncomfortable. He had a headache, his throat hurt, his nose was stuffed up, runny, and itchy, and he felt so dangerously tired that if he put his head down he knew he would instantly fall asleep. Nevertheless, he knew what he had to do and he was determined not to let anyone know he felt less than his best. He stood up and had to brace himself from the wave of dizziness that fell over him. He made a mental note to stand up more slowly next time.

“The prosecution would like to call witness Chizuru Naba to the stand.” Mikami announced, his voice sounding a slight bit stuffy. Kosuke shot him a ‘look’, which Mikami avoided by darting his eyes to the side as he sat down. He sniffled discretely and cleared his throat as he glanced at the floor nervously.

The witness girl described her role in the crime scene, but Mikami wasn’t paying much attention to her...his attention was focused on his nose- and keeping it in check. He rubbed fiercely at the tickle, but it just would not go away. However, Mikami was determined not to sneeze. Unfortunately, the tickle was more determined to stay than Mikami was to not sneeze, so eventually the tickle won and forced him to stifle two quick, almost silent sneezes into his fist. At each release, he felt the pressure in his head explode, causing him to wince in pain. To Mikami, the pain was not as bad as sneezing unstifled. He sniffled quietly and ignored Kosuke’s glare. If he really was coming down with a cold, things would be a disaster.

Finally, after what seemed like hours (and in reality had only been one hour), the judge announced recess, allowing everyone to take a quick break in the lobby. Mikami was just glad to get out of there. As soon as he was out of Kosuke’s sight, he ran to the nearest bathroom and locked the door. He stood over the sink panting as the relentless tickle in his nose overwhelmed him. “Hek-shuu! Kishhu! Heh, Kshhhhu! Hah, Haaah, Hat-kshuu!” It seemed no matter how many times he sneezed, the tickle never seemed to let up. He thought about how ridiculous he must look with his eyelids fluttering and his mouth hanging wide open as he took numerous, tortuous shallow breaths. The sneeze was stuck. He looked at himself in the mirror and discovered a very pale-faced, disheveled-looking, pink-nosed, crooked glasses Mikami staring back at him. He straightened his glasses (which were really just for fashion purposes), fixed his hair a little, and tried to make himself look presentable. Then, as if on cue, the stuck sneeze reappeared and he bent over from the force, “Hah-ktchuuu!” He groaned as he straightened up and another wave of dizziness hit. He tried to sniff, but discovered his nose was way beyond the point of usefulness, so he gave up trying. He looked miserably in the mirror and fixed the same things again, which were disheveled during the sneeze. After mentally panicking and debating what to do, he tried to calm himself down and go back outside. He was going to finish this case and no cold could stop him. Figuring that he had spent enough time in the bathroom, and he felt like his nose was under control again, he unlocked the door and sat down in the lobby. His tired eyes stared blankly ahead as he sat sniffling in a lounge chair waiting for recess to end and torture to begin again.

Author’s Notes –

I stole that name (Chizuru Naba) from a manga...who can guess which one? Mostly because I couldn’t think of one myself (haha)

Awww I just wanna give him a big hug♥

Aww! First of all, thank you for tackling a character like Mikami, people rarely touch on him even though he's an incredible, very important character in the series.

That being said, I love seeing him so tortured. :) I love that he's trying so desperately to stick to his routine, and I absolutely adore that you have it set in a court. Very unique! Poor guy, he seems like he's getting more and more frustrated and panicked.

I look forward to the next installation! :hypoc:

Oh, I like this installment very much! I like that Mikami is starting to panic about it--he doesn't seem like the type who would handle illness well. Poor thing, I really feel sorry for him here. He can't even pay attention to his job. *pats* Anyway, this was very good, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest!

Wow! I second Dove and Natto's comments. This is a wonderful installment. I love that Mikami is starting to worry but still feels the need to fix his clothes and hair. :yes: Great job. Can't wait for more!

Gack, sorry I meant to comment sooner but things got busy. :guilty: PAT no baka! >.<

But aww, poor, poor, poor Mikami. :twisted: ... opps, I mean >:D Ack... no, I mean :naughty: NO! I mean... :drool: that's not... I meant... :nasty: Nonono, I mean... :wub: ARGH! Where is that emotocon?! Ah, here it is :consoling: There, that's what I meant to say >.>

I can't wait until Mikami has to speak :twisted: ... I mean... Hopefully Mikami will get through his speech without incident :innocent:

All I have left to say is, *licks lips* Is there enough left in the pot for thirds? :P

@dove - ^^ Mikami was very hard to write, I think I rewrote/hardcore edited each part at least twice...but I'm Glad you love it!

@Natto - At least someone can enjoy his misery :)

@Cerulean Flower - I'm soo glad you are likin' this!!

@PetalsAndThorns - XD your comment made me laugh!

sorry for the long wait...I rewrote it several times and was busy and ect, ect...you get the point

remember, I know nothing about a real court- everything I know is from partially playing a pheonix wright game, so yeah... :byewave:

~PART 3~

He coughed into a fist and he took his seat next to Kosuke in the courtroom. His coworker gave him a skeptical frown before they both turned their attention to the judge. The trial resumed and Mikami wanted nothing more than to finally prove the man guilty and leave.

The next witness was called out; a man in his 30’s who happened to be in the area at the time. His testament was pretty useless. He couldn’t even remember the guy’s face, much less the time of day or the details surrounding the event. Mikami was annoyed for that reason in addition to the fact that he wasted everyone’s time, making the trial last longer and increasing the chances that someone would notice Mikami’s cold. That part worried him. Hopefully, the next witness wouldn’t be another waste of time. The next witness was a seedy looking man with small squinty eyes probably in his late 30’s or early 40’s. Kosuke elbowed Mikami in the middle of his testimony.

“What?” Mikami whispered, irritated.

“Doesn’t that contradict what that girl, Miss Naba said?”

“...” Mikami hadn’t been paying much attention to her testimony (due to his nose), so he decided to try to play it cool, “What did she say?” okay, not so cool.

Kosuke gave him an incredulous look, “you don’t remember? That’s not like you! Remember, she said the robber drove away in a van, and Mr. Okoro said he drove away in a sporty car!”

Mikami had gotten out of the sticky situation, though he did feel embarrassed, especially since Kosuke noticed, but he certainly wouldn’t show that.

Mikami interrupted the testimony, “Objection! Are you positive the robber drove away in a sporty car?”

The witness stared blankly at the prosecutor and the other lawyer’s face lit up in fear and realization.

Mikami felt another tickle blossoming in his nose. “Not now...” he thought dismally.

“I think so...” Mr. Okoro answered uncertainly.

“Kssh!” Mikami stifled a sneeze that was barely audible.

“Objection- what does this have to do with anything?” The other lawyer responded.

“Kssh!” Mikami stifled another sneeze in exactly the same way. He sniffled quietly before he spoke and hoped desperately that his voice would sound normal. “A testimony from anodther witness contradicts this statebment.” He winced inwardly at the sound of his slightly congested voice. Thankfully, no one else seemed to notice. He stopped and waited for prompting from the judge to buy him just enough time to sniffle and hopefully clear his voice a bit. “Would you care to elaborate?” The judge urged.

“Miss Naba, the first witness stated that the vehicle was a van.” Mikami explained, thankful that the hint of congestion was gone (for now).

“Very well, please bring out Miss Naba to clarify this statement.” The judge ordered.

Mikami sat down, grateful that his cold was still ‘secret’, even if Kosuke gave him odd looks every now and then.

“Kishhhu!” Mikami sneezed suddenly, barely stifling it. It was so quiet, though, that most people only noticed a quick head bob.

“You have a cold.” Kosuke stated plainly (whispering). “I do not. I’m fine.” Mikami whispered back as he tried to act composed. “You sneezed five times during this case. You never sneeze.” Kosuke pointed out. Mikami was a little disturbed that he counted them, and more disturbed by the fact that he knew about his illness. “I’m not sick.” He answered lamely. Kosuke chose not to push his point.

After discovering the truth about the vehicle from a third witness, who confirmed that the vehicle was indeed a van, the Judge brought Mr. Okoro out again. He re-told his testimony and the trial went on. Throughout the course of the rest of the trial, it became increasingly more difficult to hide his symptoms. He was sneezing more frequently, which he always managed to stifle silently, consequently making his sinuses explode with pressure each time. His nose was running like a faucet, so he had to sniffle constantly, and his nose was getting so blocked up he could barely smell anything. His nose was by now probably very pink and definitely very sore from all the rubbing. Thank goodness it was almost over. All he had to do now was find the right opportunity to present his evidence and the case would be closed. The man would be proven guilty and hauled off to jail where he belonged. Mikami hoped to delete him later.

Kosuke whispered to him, “Look, you obviously have a cold, so why don’t you go home and I’ll take over the rest, okay?” No way. He would never do something like that over something as trivial as a cold. “I’b fide and it’s albost over adyway. There’s no poidt.” Mikami said as stoically as someone with a stuffy nose possibly could. Kosuke rolled his eyes. So he stuck it out for the last twenty grueling minutes of the case until he finally won.

“Great job, Mikami-san! No criminal can escape justice when you’re around!” Kosuke cheered excitedly as he waved his saké, causing it to rock dangerously close to the top of the glass.

“Mmm.” Mikami unenthusiastically replied. He rubbed his nose to try to quell the tickle that was making its way into his sinuses. His apartment sounded really good right about now.

“What’s wrong? You’ve been quiet all day. Well, quieter than usual...haha!” Kosuke laughed drunkenly. Mikami stifled a sneeze, unheard over the drunken laughter. “Is there some girl you’re thinking about?” Kosuke was obviously drunk as he slurred the words. How unprofessional. At least he stopped bugging him about his cold.

“It’s 8:00, I should leave now.” Mikami got up and left without even looking at his watch to see if it really was 8:00.

“Fine! Leave! I’ll just hit on chicks without you!” Kosuke shouted drunkenly. The girls sitting nearby made a face at that comment.

Mikami stepped out into the cold, windy November air and shivered. He was feeling miserable and didn’t have time for Kosuke’s antics, or his developing cold. He walked to the bus station and sat on the bench, ignoring his usual habit of glancing at his watch to see when the bus comes. The cold wind was making his nose drip and he really wished he took a napkin or two with him. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and wished the bus would come faster. After about ten minutes of torturous waiting, the bus arrived and Mikami eagerly got on (making sure to stand up slowly this time). Once on the bus, his curiosity got the better of him and he finally looked at his watch. His estimate seemed pretty accurate for being a random excuse to leave, as it was now 8:20. At least he would make it home right on time, which made him feel a little more at ease. He sighed as the air from the heater warmed him. Unfortunately, this warm air also tickled his sinuses and forced him to inhale sharply and bring up his hand to catch the inevitable sneeze. “Kshhhu! Hah, Kshht!” Or sneezes. He stifled the last one and regretted it as the pressure in his sinuses skyrocketed. Finally, after several more stifled sneezing and continuous sniffling from Mikami, the bus stopped at the stop near his apartment, and he got off and walked as quickly as possible to the warmth of his home.

Once inside, he grabbed box of tissues from the stack in the cabinet and blew his nose until he could somewhat breathe through it again. That lasted all of ten seconds as another sneezing fit wracked his body. He dabbed the tissue to his nose, finding it to be very sore. All day he had been trying not to freak out, but now his emotions were getting the better of him. What if he felt horrible tomorrow, would he still go to work? Of course- it would be strange not to. How bad would this cold get? Hopefully not so bad that he would have to go out of his way to rest or buy medicine. Not only would that be troublesome, but it would tip the tail off that something was wrong with him, and then God’s enemies might use that to their advantage, and then God would hate him, and... he didn’t want to think about what came after that. He would have to wait until Wednesday to buy cold medicine (the day he went to the store), but hopefully this cold would not last that long.

Mikami wasn’t hungry, but he ate dinner anyway, simply because if he didn’t, it would feel weird. He made his nightly phone call with Takada (trying not to sound stuffed up), and waited until after midnight to begin writing the names in his notebook, filling one page, no more, no less, with the names given to him by Takada. (It took a little longer than usual because of the sneezing.)

At about 2:00 in the morning (his usual bedtime) he went to bed, miserable and sick, but hopeful that tomorrow he would feel better.

Author’s Notes –

I can’t stand those green grammar correction lines so I always have to fix them...it’s so annoying...

If Kira’s Kingdom was a real TV show, I would watch it. Sorry that was random. Mostly because I took that part out.

I deleted this entire part and re-wrote it because I hated the direction it was going. (Twice)

Yaaaaaay! Another post! I especially loved this installment. You're doing such a great job. I can't wait to see how Mikami's cold progresses. Poor Mikami? Nah, I like to see him suffer. :byewave: Can't wait to read more!

Archived