Sneeze Fetish Forum

Embarrassment over fetish ...

lilywhitesneezes

I am SO embarrassed by this! I feel (sometimes) like I am such a "freak" (and comments from ppl on youtube do not help!!!)

Does anyone else feel this way? How have you moved past it.

And so the sneezy support group begins, lol.

People on youtube insulting the forum or the fetish shouldn't be taken seriously. Some people just enjoy insulting ppl.. thats how it goes. I dont think I have the fetish myself, but i enjoy sneezing for others. (don't think know if that counts). I think if my family found my channel on youtube i would be veeeery embarassed. Just because they havent been exposed to it (and are very judgemental). With this many other people who enjoy sneezing I dont think there is any reason for anyone here to feel like a "freak".

Some people really are very disturbed Lily, even beyond theraputic healing I'd say. You can place any quotation here, from "Just be yourself", to "the only opinion that matters is yours." But it really boild down to this. No matter what you do or say, some people will find it cute, others will find that same thing annoying. Someone might find it inspiring, someone else corny.

To simplify it further, if you're an apple, the oranges will not get alon with you, and vice versa. Just try not to pretend to be an orange, if you happen to be an apple. :sillybounce:

Just my two Lebanese pounds. (You can convert them to your currency later. They're not worth much though I guarantee you. :))

Lamborghini

I've never really been interested in "fitting in" so I can't tell.

Ofcourse I've also always seen attempts to intentionally "stand out" as foolishness.

Nothing wrong with just being yourself.

lws: its totally normal to feel this way. i think you will find a lot of people here, who share your fears and concerns. it would be very easy for me to say something like "why do those people's opinions matter" or "what do you care what they think" but well, i know how hard it can be, feeling so much separation from others, and feeling like you have something about you that sets you so far apart. i guess, what seems to help people here, is when they can come to terms with the fetish, and begin to embrace it. if you can accept this fetish as a good part of your life, something that you can enjoy, and even play with, it may become easier. for when that happens, you no longer see it as something that separates you from others, but just something special and unique. i've used this fetish many times as my own personal joke.

if you think about it, everyone of us is different, with different expereinces, and we all have things that we like to keep hidden, secrets and things we are embarassed about. that should give us a bit of common ground right there, dont you think? anwyay... i hope that you can find friends here, people who can sympathize and who can stand beside you when things seem so... rough. :) chin up love. we're here for you. :hypoc:

We definitely are here to help, chui's spot on about that. :yes:

Personally, I found myself feeling less like a freak when I finally worked up the courage to tell other people about the fetish - to me there's something very therapeutic in the thought that I don't have to work to hide that part of myself from my closest friends I care the most about. I think it's a function of the entire fetish seeming like a more normal, everyday aspect of who you are if you get to actually talk it out with someone else... Now, obviously telling someone you know isn't the ideal solution for everyone here, but that's where this community comes in. Even just among ourselves, I think the more you post, the more you join in and realise what an extensive, caring community this is, the feelings of being different and alone are gradually replaced by a sense of being a part of sharing in something unique, and almost a sense of pride that we've been endowed with this great "sexual bonus" ^_^

I think you'll find that the embarrassment will fade away on it's own, it just needs a bit of time.

I'm totally scared of random people making fun for it, but close friends generally don't care for me, which has lessened my embarrassment. And my girlfriend was fine with it too :yes:

Guest secret sneezer :(

:yes: hey welcome to my world ^_^

it was only yesterday(congratulations me!)that i managed to sneeze in public(in front of my friends-never in front of my family)but with fake sneezes(yea im weird like that-but hey i never sneeze)! before i was too scared and i thought people would hate me or people would look at me weirdly. i dont know now what all the fuss was about-flippin heck im only 14! and now i feel much more confident.

i would never ever ever ever(you get it)tell anyone i had a sneeze fetish but you should be yourself and whoever bully or whatevers you for havin a thing about sneezing, then thats it isnt it? thats there problem!

xx

I think the more you post, the more you join in and realise what an extensive, caring community this is, the feelings of being different and alone are gradually replaced by a sense of being a part of sharing in something unique, and almost a sense of pride that we've been endowed with this great "sexual bonus" :(

I love the way you described that. I definitely consider this a "bonus." Every day of my life. It's just part of me as a person.

• 1 month later...
Guest snifflessneezypenguin

I'm still really embarrassed about it, but I also kind of just accepted the fact of the matter this year. My current and I started dating last year when he had a bad cold for about 3 months straight, lots of sneezing and sniffling. That's when I really figured out it turned me on. I was so embarrassed telling him and when he brings it up sometimes I just hide under a blanket or something. (yeah, I'm almost 20 and I still hide from stuff . . . so) Anyway, I've been with him for over a year and it's been an amazing journey and growing up process in many ways for both of us. I'm way more comfortable with myself than I was at the start, even going so far as to tell my sister (my best friend) about my fetish (yeah, tell boyfriend first then sister, that's the way it works in my family.

Im still worried about people finding out and there reactions towards me,however your not alone,your not a freak,there are thousands of us with the same fetish and you have already made the first steps of excepting your fetish by joining this fantastic forum! :laugh: If people do react nasty towards you if they found out, well there just not real friends and arnt worth bothering with! :lol:

I know just how you feel lilywhite. The last girl I was going out with I told her about the fetish, first person ever to tell, I showed her this site and everything, but I got the worst reaction possible. She wanted me to see a therapist and try to get rid of it and she thought it was so wierd and thought there was something wrong with me. She made me cry :laugh:, yup I was straight up crying. At that time I just felt so bad about having the fetish and thought it was really wierd, and what if there is something wrong with me. I stopped coming to the forum and tried to get away from the fetish just for that girl. I still felt so strongly for sneezing though and knew it was a part of me. Now the girl is gone and im starting to post on the forum more again, but I feel extremely reluctant to ever tell anybody else ever again.

I suppose I may have been a little weirded out by my own misconstrued obsessions, but that was well before I found this place. For the past six years, I've grown up and sort of settled into myself and am completely comfortable with all aspects of my life. Sooner or later, you'll be able to relax about the fetish. It really isn't that bad. :)

I don't get how it's so weird to some people; I mean the fetish itself is pretty harmless, it's not like we're eating kittens or anything.

People in general are close-minded and very judgmental. You have to develop some thick skin to deal with them, and it takes awhile. But, hey, when you are here, you are in GOOD company and no one is going to call you weird. You'll get used to it, we've all had to go through it...it's like fetish puberty.

Hang in there! <3

I thought I was a freak when a realized that I had a sneeze fetish. That was years before the internet. I thought I was the only one in the world like this. But then I became part of the community here and met many nice people who were just like me, nice people who happen to get turned on by sneezing. If you ask me, this is one of the best fetishes there is because it does not hurt anyone and you can get a jolt almost anywhere :) Now, do i run around telling everyone I meet about this, no. This is a very personal part of me and I only share it here and with people I am intimate with. You are not a freak because of this. Smile and join the party :drool:

Hey Lilywhite. I totally know how you feel!! (no joke). For me I tend to keep this fetishy side of me in a very private place, kind of compartmentalize it a bit, which makes it hard for me to "bring it into the real world" and look at it in those terms. ...if that makes any sense. I feel like sometimes if I could see myself from the outside I would think I was a freak too. But events have happened where I've had to deal with this side of me in the real world because family and friends have found out that hard way by using my computer. Although it was INCREDIBLY!!! awkward at the time, I learned that this was simply the way I was and only ONE side of me as a person. For a while it "defined" me, and I was really worried about what it said about me as a person and what the other people that found out thought of me. But I realized that it was silly for this guilty pleasure to define me. Everyone has guilty pleasures, and some are more socially acceptable than others. And as I stressed over what everyone else thought about me I realized that I was spending way more time thinking these anxious thoughts than they were hypothetically thinking about my unusual turn on. I'm not saying that I don't feel awkward about it sometimes (like when a family member that knows goes into a sneezing fit and then stares at me and comments that they're drawing too much attention to themselves... :boom::omg: lol) but I'm saying that I've found a way to move beyond dwelling on this and am learning to accept myself more for who I am. If this sounded preachy, thats not what I was going for lol, but I hope it helps!! :drool::) I've been thinking about it, and these are the things I've thought of. ...I'm gonna leave that last line in just to be funny...:"> :). lol I should get some sleep. Take care!!! :kiss::hug::)

Guest Tootsie2008

As long as I enjoy the fetish in private, I don't feel embarrassed by it in the slightest. :shy: Otherwise, it can be uncomfortable when I hear people sneezing in public, because I feel so awkward drawing attention to myself by saying "bless you", etc. Oh well. :laugh: But at least there are many of us, so we can comfort each other, right? *hugs* at least it's nothing dangerous!

• 4 weeks later...

I am VERY VERY embarressed about this, in fact no one knows about it except you guys and even then I can't promise to post much. It feels wierd even to me, but you can always talk to me on pm if you like and I will be reading stuff a lot.

Guest Tootsie2008

I am a little embarrassed about it, but that's because I'm exceptionally private and don't do the whole induce thing like a lot of people here seem to enjoy. ;) (not that it's bad, of course--each to his/her own). In public I always get a little anxious when someone I know sneezes around me, because I'm afraid of drawing attention to myself.

Otherwise, in the privacy of my own home, I more or less indulge in sneezefic or just reading your obs/etc. I also used to watch videos on youtube of people sneezing :rolleyes: that was when I had my own place, though--I don't really dare now that I'm living with my fiance. haha!

People on youtube are just a**holes. Most sneeze fetish videos have more positive feelback than negative and I bet the people who leave comments that people with a sneeze fetish are weird have some fetish of their own that would weird us out. I think the only embaressment that goes with a fetish is being found out before you want to be. Lets face it, practically everyone has some "weird" fetish and this is ours. I think this fetish would only be weird if this site had, like 10 people.

Well, a fetish IS a sexual thing, and generally, sexual things are embarrassing, whether it's vanilla sex or BDSM or a sneeze fetish. And even if you ARE a freak, you're not part of an endangered species of freaks :D This site has, what, over 2,000 members or something?

:D its really ok to feel nervous or embarassed over the fetish. its very common to be a bit disconcerted about something that is so private in nature. just keep in mind, you're not alone.

I totally know what mean - I keep the fetish completely private. I've only told my wife, and she understands that her telling anyone else about it would a betrayal that I would place on par with adultery. THAT'S how strongly I feel about it.

BUT... I don't give a fig about all those judgemental nimrods running their mouths on YouTube, etc... Personally? It's been my experience that people who feel the need to get all judgemental with others feel embarassed, guilty or inadequate about some aspect of themselves. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if half of them had some issue of their own sexuality that they were struggling with. (But rather than having the courage to deal with it either privately or publicly, they make themselves feel better by attacking others. Pretty sad really.)

Now... while those two thoughts may seem to be in conflict, from a certain POV, I don't see it that way: Just becase I don't CARE what other people THINK, that doesn't mean I want to spend all day DEALING with what they SAY. That would be EXHAUSTING.

So yeah, you're a freak: Just like everyone else. :unsure: (And in my experience, normalcy is both highly overrated and fairly creepy.)

I'm right there with you. I'm pretty painfully shy to begin with, so I don't even really enjoy "live" chatting on IM about this, either.

Text is a nice, safe medium for me. I like reading stories, and I like reading forum posts and replying to them in my own good time, which gives me a "buffer" space, if you will.

~W.I.N.

First, most of the people on youtube wouldn't have a clue about our fetish. Most ridicule and like the earlier post stated many will find ways to just make fun in any kind of setting. So don't let them people stifle (no pun intended) your love of your fetish. As far as actually telling another person, you really have to use serious judgement and I would hesitate for a second and let some time pass and be sure that this is a person that I can share this information with. Remember a friend or girlfriend or boyfrined today doesn't mean that 6 months down the road they will be that same friend. Once they are gone they have detail information that could provide so embarassment. Honestly like I told one person..you will never truly understand, you just have to have the fetish. Can't explain it...won't even try but I love it! My advice is to just be careful. :cry:

Archived