• when I have to work
    • during a meeting
    • during a meal
    • when having sex
    • all the time
    • they do not bother me at all
    • other
    • on the phone

I saw a similar poll some time ago in a Dutch magazine.

Meetings are something I really hate when I have a cold.

What about you ?

C

Bedtime, and at work.

Bedtime cuz I'd like to be able to breathe, but I suffer through it ... and at work I have to take cold medicine so I appear and sound presentable. I put my vote in for work.

I put when i have to work, work being school...I'm a full-time student :laugh: Because I HATE anyone knowing I'm sick, and probably overdose on cold meds by taking four brands at once trying to hide my symptoms.

When I get to work first thing in the morning. It's like as soon as I stop running around and just sit down, it hits me like a tonne of bricks.

Well I voted bedtime but I guess the reality is that it depends where I am and at what stage of the cold I'm at. At the sneezy stage it can be fun to go to bed because I can induce so easily and I enjoy that. I guess the most difficult part comes when you want to sleep and can't which can happen with a very blocked nose or worse, a cough.

I don't go to work any more but I didn't mind too much there either but recently I had a cold whan staying with my in-laws and really I didn't want to see them then so bedtime when I could get away was a huge relief.

definately work... it's absolutely horrible trying to work in my lab and being all stuffy and sniffly... especially as with most of the chemicals and specimens I'm handling, i cannot stop and wipe my nose or cover any sneezes...

definately work... it's absolutely horrible trying to work in my lab and being all stuffy and sniffly... especially as with most of the chemicals and specimens I'm handling, i cannot stop and wipe my nose or cover any sneezes...

I'm coming to work in your lab!

Thanks for the poll! We hadn't had any for a while. I'm with Vetinari. It really depends on what stage the cold is. If I'm not feeling lousy, then the actual cold symptoms don't bother me too much, but when you feel really off colour, then it's all the time.

definitely at work, which like wolfmotaki is school :) , because your like sitting in class and you can't stop sniffling and, if your taking a test or something, everyone can here your sniffles.

and i tend to sneeze ALOT :blushing::lmfao: with colds and they're always really wet and messy.....so school is not a good place for colds.

and i would stay home, but missing a day is like missing a week. the work just piles up and you're behind for like a month. it sux. :lmfao:

definitely at work, which like wolfmotaki is school ;) , because your like sitting in class and you can't stop sniffling and, if your taking a test or something, everyone can here your sniffles.

and i tend to sneeze ALOT ;):D with colds and they're always really wet and messy.....so school is not a good place for colds.

and i would stay home, but missing a day is like missing a week. the work just piles up and you're behind for like a month. it sux. :twisted:

Yes...I shall be more specific in my answer: TEST TIMES. Not allowed to leave the room, and then at the back front of my mind is this little dilemma...sniffle all the way through and irritate the entire class or blow my nose (EEK) in front of EVERYONE?? And my class is too good during tests...dead silent...argh.

I choose the first option...:lol: I'm probably never much fun to sit next to in a test, I'm either sniffling or talking to myself...which gets me told off a fair bit :innocent:

Yes...I shall be more specific in my answer: TEST TIMES. Not allowed to leave the room, and then at the back front of my mind is this little dilemma...sniffle all the way through and irritate the entire class or blow my nose (EEK) in front of EVERYONE?? And my class is too good during tests...dead silent...argh.

I choose the first option...;) I'm probably never much fun to sit next to in a test, I'm either sniffling or talking to myself...which gets me told off a fair bit :D

YES! i definitely know what you mean. i am SO embarrassed to EVER blow my nose in class in front of everyone. and my classes are so quiet during tests - all you can hear is the AC and my sniffles. ;)

i'd sit next to you in tests......at least we could sniffle together and not suffer alone. :twisted:

I said meetings (that would be the equivalent to presentations, right?)

because I hate having to present and everyone else having to decipher what I'm saying, plus it's embarrassing to stand in front of a group of people (which is embarrassing enough already) and be constantly sniffling and sick-sounding :proud:

Archived